Apple Revamps iPod photo; 30GB for $349 (UPDATED)
TMO Reports - Apple Revamps iPod photo; 30GB for $349 (UPDATED)
by , 8:35 AM EST, February 23rd, 2005
Apple Computer announced Wednesday a new lineup of its iPod photo with a slimmer 30 gigabyte (GB) model at US$349 and a new 60GB model at $449, which can use an adapter to connect directly to digital cameras and display photos
The 30GB model will hold 7,500 songs and the 60GB model with hold 15,000 songs, the company said. Previously, Apple offered a 40GB model for $499 and a 60GB version for $599.
Both models will feature the ability to import photos from a digital camera via the new iPod Camera Connector for instant viewing and slide show playback.
The iPod Camera Connector will retail for $29, and will be available in March, the company said. The company has not yet made it available for pre-order through the Apple Store, and has given no additional information on its Web site.
The iPod photo is available now through the Apple Store.
Apple has dropped the FireWire cable and Photo Dock Connector as standard, included accessories with the iPod. The optional Photo Dock Connector retails for $39, while the FireWire cable will now be an additional $19.
Bryan Chaffin contributed to this report.
- Mon,9:52 PM
- Apple Q4 Earnings Sliced And Diced
- 8:21 PM
- Apple Q4 MacBook Sales Hit Record Breaking Numbers, Jump 25 Percent
- 7:45 PM
- Here’s What Apple Wants to Achieve With Apple Pay
- 7:33 PM
- How Apple’s Tim Cook Explained Away Poor iPad Sales
- 6:31 PM
- Apple Store App Update Adds Apple Pay Support
- 5:59 PM
- China Holds Huge Potential for Apple with First Time iPhone Buyers
- 5:16 PM
- Apple Teases Future Plans for Beats
- 5:02 PM
- Apple Posts a Record September Quarter - $42.1 Billion Revenue, $8.5 Billion Earnings
- 4:45 PM
- How-to Set Up and Add Credit Cards to Apple Pay
- 1:32 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-10-20
- 1:19 PM
- Apple Releases iOS 8.1 With Apple Pay, iCloud Photo Library, Camera Roll, More
- 11:49 AM
- Spotify Announces Family Plans