TMO at E3 - Heavy Duty Game Design Software Announced for Mac
by , 8:00 AM EDT, May 17th, 2005
Sawblade Software announced Tuesday Power Game Factory, its game design software suite for creating side scrolling action games for the Macintosh.
Requiring no programming, Power Game Factory is capable of producing high quality games featuring a polished graphical user interface. Power Game Factory applies the latest technologies to the proven 2D platformer game genre; games made with the software can combine high resolution sprite graphics and realistic physics with authentic old school gameplay.
Game projects may be extremely simple, or they may feature hundreds of huge levels and hours of gameplay. There are no restraints placed on the number of levels, characters, weapons, and items in a game. Completed game projects can be compiled into self-contained, fully functional applications which users may sell without royalties or limitations of any kind.
Due to arrive in the Spring of 2005, Power Game Factory will ship on a CD bundled with the Greenland Invasion game project, which demonstrates the capabilities of the software. An included 6-step beginner's tutorial will help users get started with their own game design projects, while an exhaustive 190 page user's manual provides a complete reference. Also included are collections of extra level background graphics and game music. In addition, customers will enjoy free Sawblade Software stickers and a Sawblade Software product order form offering discounts on merchandise.
The company has not announced final pricing of the product.
- Fri,5:07 PM
- New Uses For Old Power Macs
- 5:02 PM
- Apple Pay is Soaring While Competitors Crash and Burn
- 1:47 PM
- The Camera Lens Mug: $19.99
- 1:19 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-10-24
- 11:10 AM
- Apple, Nike Teaming Up on Wearable Tech Project
- 9:37 AM
- Kickstarter Project: Mouse Guard LEGO Mini Figures
- 8:48 AM
- OS X Yosemite: Handing Calls Off to Your iPhone
- Thu,8:46 PM
- Yosemite: How To Fix Safari’s Address Bar
- 7:32 PM
- If Microsoft Made a Smart Watch…
- 5:45 PM
- X-Doria Folio Case for iPhone 6: Awkward by Nature
- 5:30 PM
- ACM 277: Apple Pay, Apple Designs, and iPad as a Laptop Replacement
- 4:34 PM
- Learn Apple’s Swift Programming Language for $19