TMO at E3 - Microsoft Expands on Xbox 360's Relationship to iPod, Macs
by , 11:50 AM EDT, May 20th, 2005
LOS ANGELES -- Microsoft has confirmed that its upcoming XBox 360 video game console will synch with and view files stored on a variety of devices, including Apple's iPod. The capability, revealed at last week's unveiling, was discussed in further detail by Shane Kim of Microsoft's Xbox 360 division.
"We're going to integrate really well with the devices and content that people already have stored on other devices," he explained. "We demonstrated that you'll be able to access your photos and your music that's stored on other devices, CD players, an iPod, even a PSP."
The Xbox 360 will also be able to access and work with popular PDA and Bluetooth devices, such as Palm's products and Bluetooth-enabled cell phones, via its incorporated technologies. "You've got content stored on those devices. We can access it and we can play it from the Xbox 360 on your TV," said Mr. Kim.
From a more speculative viewpoint, Mr. Kim also noted that the Xbox 360 should be able to communicate with a Mac through its home networking implementation. This may become more widely used with Mac OS X's support of the Windows File Sharing protocol.
The Xbox 360 console, still in development, is due to ship in time for the 2005 holiday season.
- Mon,12:40 PM
- Three Ways to Protect your Apple Watch (and One Way Not To)
- Sun,12:15 PM
- MGG 603: Pronunciation, Rants and The Joy of a Smaller Phone
- Fri,6:10 PM
- An Open Letter to Phil Schiller about iPhones, iPads, and Macs
- 5:30 PM
- New Products Apple Might Give Us While We Wait for the Car
- 4:42 PM
- Nomad Pod Portable Apple Watch Battery Pack: $33.95
- 4:40 PM
- FBI Director in the Dark on iPhone Hack Details
- 2:36 PM
- How to Select Single Pics from Burst Photos on Your iPhone
- 1:30 PM
- SolarTab Portable Solar Panel is a Bright Spot in Outdoor Charging Solutions
- 12:00 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-04-29: Kicking Off a New Apple Conference
- 9:15 AM
- Changing Your Wi-Fi Channel for Improved Speed
- Thu,7:59 PM
- Carl Icahn Isn’t Wrong about Apple in China
- 5:54 PM
- House Passes Email Search Warrant Bill