TMO at E3 - Microsoft Expands on Xbox 360's Relationship to iPod, Macs
by , 11:50 AM EDT, May 20th, 2005
LOS ANGELES -- Microsoft has confirmed that its upcoming XBox 360 video game console will synch with and view files stored on a variety of devices, including Apple's iPod. The capability, revealed at last week's unveiling, was discussed in further detail by Shane Kim of Microsoft's Xbox 360 division.
"We're going to integrate really well with the devices and content that people already have stored on other devices," he explained. "We demonstrated that you'll be able to access your photos and your music that's stored on other devices, CD players, an iPod, even a PSP."
The Xbox 360 will also be able to access and work with popular PDA and Bluetooth devices, such as Palm's products and Bluetooth-enabled cell phones, via its incorporated technologies. "You've got content stored on those devices. We can access it and we can play it from the Xbox 360 on your TV," said Mr. Kim.
From a more speculative viewpoint, Mr. Kim also noted that the Xbox 360 should be able to communicate with a Mac through its home networking implementation. This may become more widely used with Mac OS X's support of the Windows File Sharing protocol.
The Xbox 360 console, still in development, is due to ship in time for the 2005 holiday season.
- Thu,5:45 PM
- X-Doria Folio Case for iPhone 6: Awkward by Nature
- 5:30 PM
- ACM 277: Apple Pay, Apple Designs, and iPad as a Laptop Replacement
- 4:34 PM
- Learn Apple’s Swift Programming Language for $19
- 3:50 PM
- ‘iPhoto: The Missing Manual’ is Both Informative and Entertaining
- 1:50 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-10-23
- 11:03 AM
- Pixelmator for iPad Hits Apple’s App Store
- 10:15 AM
- Apple Wins GPNE Patent Lawsuit, Calls Company a Patent Troll
- 9:08 AM
- Apple Dropping SSL 3.0 for Push Notifications in Wake of Poodle Security Flaw
- Wed,8:40 PM
- Mark Zuckerberg Wows Chinese Crowd with 30 Minute Interview in Chinese
- 8:06 PM
- How to Use Yosemite’s New Batch-Renaming Feature
- 7:59 PM
- How to Make Calls from Yosemite the Geeky Way
- 7:55 PM
- Continuity Keypad Makes Calling From Yosemite Easier