TMO at E3 - Microsoft Expands on Xbox 360's Relationship to iPod, Macs
by , 11:50 AM EDT, May 20th, 2005
LOS ANGELES -- Microsoft has confirmed that its upcoming XBox 360 video game console will synch with and view files stored on a variety of devices, including Apple's iPod. The capability, revealed at last week's unveiling, was discussed in further detail by Shane Kim of Microsoft's Xbox 360 division.
"We're going to integrate really well with the devices and content that people already have stored on other devices," he explained. "We demonstrated that you'll be able to access your photos and your music that's stored on other devices, CD players, an iPod, even a PSP."
The Xbox 360 will also be able to access and work with popular PDA and Bluetooth devices, such as Palm's products and Bluetooth-enabled cell phones, via its incorporated technologies. "You've got content stored on those devices. We can access it and we can play it from the Xbox 360 on your TV," said Mr. Kim.
From a more speculative viewpoint, Mr. Kim also noted that the Xbox 360 should be able to communicate with a Mac through its home networking implementation. This may become more widely used with Mac OS X's support of the Windows File Sharing protocol.
The Xbox 360 console, still in development, is due to ship in time for the 2005 holiday season.
- Wed,3:10 PM
- How to Deauthorize All Devices in iTunes 12
- Sun,12:13 PM
- MGG 554: Sleepy Macs Sometimes Go To Work
- Sat,10:30 AM
- How to Decide Between a Smartswitch and a Timer for Your Smarthome
- Fri,6:47 PM
- 1987 Apple Promo Video Hints at Hubris of the 1990s
- 3:29 PM
- Blur Premium Privacy Protection Lifetime Subscription: $49.99
- 2:55 PM
- Apple May Finally Be Ready to Reinvigorate the iPad
- 2:39 PM
- Google Study Finds ‘Security Questions’ Next to Useless
- 1:08 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2015-05-22: Fingerprints to Google and Apple Watch Heartrate Monitoring
- 11:16 AM
- Apple Watch OS Update Reduces Background Heart Rate Monitoring Frequency
- 10:10 AM
- Apple’s App Store Needs Cold Storage
- 8:30 AM
- Apple Watch: Three Tips on Contacting Your Pals
- Thu,5:44 PM
- Promotional Apple II Video with Steve Jobs, Steve Wozniak, Byte Shop