TMO at E3 - Microsoft Expands on Xbox 360's Relationship to iPod, Macs
by , 11:50 AM EDT, May 20th, 2005
LOS ANGELES -- Microsoft has confirmed that its upcoming XBox 360 video game console will synch with and view files stored on a variety of devices, including Apple's iPod. The capability, revealed at last week's unveiling, was discussed in further detail by Shane Kim of Microsoft's Xbox 360 division.
"We're going to integrate really well with the devices and content that people already have stored on other devices," he explained. "We demonstrated that you'll be able to access your photos and your music that's stored on other devices, CD players, an iPod, even a PSP."
The Xbox 360 will also be able to access and work with popular PDA and Bluetooth devices, such as Palm's products and Bluetooth-enabled cell phones, via its incorporated technologies. "You've got content stored on those devices. We can access it and we can play it from the Xbox 360 on your TV," said Mr. Kim.
From a more speculative viewpoint, Mr. Kim also noted that the Xbox 360 should be able to communicate with a Mac through its home networking implementation. This may become more widely used with Mac OS X's support of the Windows File Sharing protocol.
The Xbox 360 console, still in development, is due to ship in time for the 2005 holiday season.
- Thu, 7:56 PM
- Apple’s First WSJ Mention: Just Three Words in 1978
- 6:28 PM
- How To Bend iTunes Radio Stations To Your Will With Tuning Options
- 5:51 PM
- RadioShack Planning iPhone 5s Discount this Friday
- 4:50 PM
- Honda’s ASIMO Personal Robot is Scary Good in its Movements
- 4:42 PM
- HTML 5 Crash Course for Beginners - $29
- 3:55 PM
- Jeff Carlson’s Handy Tutorial on Using the iPad as a Photography Aid
- 2:00 PM
- Heartbleed Update: OpenVPN isn’t Safe, Either
- 12:50 PM
- ‘iPad and iPhone Kung Fu’ Book is Loaded with iOS 7 Tips and Hints
- 9:55 AM
- Apple’s iOS 8 to Reportedly Include Shazam Music Recognition
- 9:28 AM
- Sponsor: Merlin from Project Wizards
- 8:48 AM
- New Cars for Anki Drive Hit the Track
- Wed, 10:02 PM
- ACM 250: Apple’s iPhone Pricing, Samsung’s Fudging, Amazon’s Ambition