WarBirds: The Mighty Eighth Coming in 2007; Tiger Woods 2005 Hits Beta
Mac Gaming News - WarBirds: The Mighty Eighth Coming in 2007; Tiger Woods 2005 Hits Beta
by , 2:50 PM EDT, June 1st, 2005
iEntertainment Network (IENT) and Aspyr Media have made a pair of announcements: the former will release its latest World War II flight combat simulator, WarBirds: The Mighty Eighth, in March 2007 while the latter's upcoming Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2005 has hit Beta and will ship in July. The Mighty Eighth, the next-generation iteration of the WarBirds series, will feature a digital European continent built with satellite data, new ways for players to communicate with each other and computer-controlled characters, new vehicle models designed to resemble the real ones as much as possible and more.
The Mighty Eighth also boasts an atmospheric model with changing weather and lighting and storm special effects as well as a game system that IENT calls "Total Immersion," which will enable players to relive, and affect the outcome of, all the major European battles of World War II. Players will be able to fly missions for both the Axis and Allied sides and play offline or online against hundreds of other players. IENT did not specify pricing or system requirements, but it did say that the game will be released simultaneously for Mac and PC, with the possibility that it will also come to the next generation of videogame consoles. A product page is not yet available on the IENT Web site.
Aspyr's Tiger Woods title is the Mac follow-up to Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2003, which the company published two years ago. This iteration offers not only 15 real-life PGA pros including Woods, John Daly and Vijay Singh but also such legends as Arnold Palmer, Jack Nicklaus and Ben Hogan. In addition, it features eight new courses based on real ones, two fantasy courses, customizable golfers and Tiger Proofing, which enables players to alter any course's dynamics, including lengthier tees, tighter fairways and more.
Aspyr has the game available now for pre-order with a US$39.99 price. System requirements call for Mac OS X v10.3.6, a G4 or G5 1GHz processor, 256MB RAM, 2.5GB free hard drive space, a 32MB video card and a DVD drive.
- Sun,12:02 PM
- MGG 564: Wave a Minty Fresh Rubber Chicken Over It
- Sat,10:30 AM
- Rachio Iro - The Smart Sprinkler Controller
- Fri,10:00 PM
- Apple Has Starring Role in New Crypto War
- 5:40 PM
- How to Create Signatures in Mail.app in iOS and OS X
- 5:00 PM
- The Reason Why No Company Can Duplicate Apple’s iPhone Appeal
- 3:40 PM
- Wondershare PDFelement for Mac and OCR Plug-In: $39.99
- 1:49 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2015-07-31: New Apple TV Rumors, Google Defies France
- 10:42 AM
- Google Stands Up to France, Refuses Global “Right to be Forgotten” Order
- 8:56 AM
- iPhone 6 and 6 Plus: Turning Off Reachability
- Thu,6:43 PM
- New Apple TV Hardware Reportedly Coming in September
- 5:10 PM
- Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor Released for Mac and Linux
- 4:51 PM
- Safari Offers Longer Battery Life than Chrome or Firefox