It's Just An Illusion
Cool Waste Of Time - It's Just An Illusion
by , 2:20 PM EDT, August 10th, 2005
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a persistent one.
Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.
Optical illusions are cool; just ask any Escher fan. What would be even cooler is if there was a Web site chock full of optical illusions. Well, feast your peepers on this installment of A Cool Waste of Time.
The eyes have it.
Seeing is believing.
Tell me, and I may believe you: Show me, and I'll believe my eyes.
For centuries, magicians have used all sorts of tricks to fool our eyes, making us believe that they can levitate elephants, regurgitate an endless stream of colorful handkerchiefs, and make anything from coins to cars disappear.
Are those circles really rotating? Are those dots actually disappearing? Tilt your head just right and prepare to be amazed. Michael Bach's site contains 55 of the best optical illusions we've ever seen, each with an explanation as to how and why they work.
Take a look. Good stuff!
Do you have a Cool Waste of Time you found on the Internet? Tell Vern Seward all about it, and he's pass it around...
- Mon,12:40 PM
- Three Ways to Protect your Apple Watch (and One Way Not To)
- Wed,8:45 PM
- Why I’m not Buying an Apple Smoke Detector
- 5:25 PM
- ACM 358: The Devil’s Advocate, Apple Scaling, and Tim Cook’s Speeches
- 5:00 PM
- Hulu Is Going to Launch What Was Denied to Apple: A Cable-like Internet Subscription Service
- 4:53 PM
- ThinCharge iPhone 6/6s Battery Case (Black): $56.99
- 3:10 PM
- The Internet of Things is Really a Thing in Germany
- 2:47 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-05-04: The Big HomeKit and Apple Smoke Detector Rant
- 9:52 AM
- FBI’s TOR, VPN-targeted Warrants Amount to Court Sanctioned Mass Surveillance
- 9:10 AM
- OS X: Turning Off Inline Mail Attachments
- Tue,9:03 PM
- Apple Snags 10% of Time’s 50 Most Influential Gadgets of All Time
- 6:29 PM
- ‘IPHONE’ Trademark Fight Illustrates Apple’s Headwinds in China
- 5:25 PM
- Drone Ballet Show at Mt. Fuji - Beautiful Performance and Music