It's Just An Illusion
Cool Waste Of Time - It's Just An Illusion
by , 2:20 PM EDT, August 10th, 2005
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a persistent one.
Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.
Optical illusions are cool; just ask any Escher fan. What would be even cooler is if there was a Web site chock full of optical illusions. Well, feast your peepers on this installment of A Cool Waste of Time.
The eyes have it.
Seeing is believing.
Tell me, and I may believe you: Show me, and I'll believe my eyes.
For centuries, magicians have used all sorts of tricks to fool our eyes, making us believe that they can levitate elephants, regurgitate an endless stream of colorful handkerchiefs, and make anything from coins to cars disappear.
Are those circles really rotating? Are those dots actually disappearing? Tilt your head just right and prepare to be amazed. Michael Bach's site contains 55 of the best optical illusions we've ever seen, each with an explanation as to how and why they work.
Take a look. Good stuff!
Do you have a Cool Waste of Time you found on the Internet? Tell Vern Seward all about it, and he's pass it around...
- Mon,7:30 PM
- Long Time Bear Convinced Apple’s Lowest Point Is Near
- 5:35 PM
- Ring Video Doorbell: $199
- 5:21 PM
- Apple Adds RAW Support for 18 New Cameras from Canon, Hasselblad, Leica, Nikon, More
- 3:00 PM
- OS X Yosemite: How to Find Non-Apple Extensions Lingering in Your Mac
- 1:27 PM
- How to Calibrate Apple Watch for More Accurate Step Tracking
- 1:02 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2015-05-04: Apple’s Strong Arm Negotiations, Apple Watch Calibration
- 9:57 AM
- Apple’s Rumored Streaming Music Service gets DOJ Attention
- 9:07 AM
- iFixit’s Latest Tear Down: Obi Wan Kenobi’s Light Saber
- Sun,12:17 PM
- MGG 551: Syncing Happens More Ways Than One
- Sat,5:00 PM
- Amazon PrimeNow Offers One Hour Delivery, Here’s How it Works
- Fri,3:45 PM
- Scratching the Surface: Sapphire vs Glass Apple Watch
- 3:17 PM
- How Big Would a 12-Inch iPad Be? See in This Video