It's Just An Illusion
Cool Waste Of Time - It's Just An Illusion
by , 2:20 PM EDT, August 10th, 2005
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a persistent one.
Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.
Optical illusions are cool; just ask any Escher fan. What would be even cooler is if there was a Web site chock full of optical illusions. Well, feast your peepers on this installment of A Cool Waste of Time.
The eyes have it.
Seeing is believing.
Tell me, and I may believe you: Show me, and I'll believe my eyes.
For centuries, magicians have used all sorts of tricks to fool our eyes, making us believe that they can levitate elephants, regurgitate an endless stream of colorful handkerchiefs, and make anything from coins to cars disappear.
Are those circles really rotating? Are those dots actually disappearing? Tilt your head just right and prepare to be amazed. Michael Bach's site contains 55 of the best optical illusions we've ever seen, each with an explanation as to how and why they work.
Take a look. Good stuff!
Do you have a Cool Waste of Time you found on the Internet? Tell Vern Seward all about it, and he's pass it around...
- Mon,12:40 PM
- Three Ways to Protect your Apple Watch (and One Way Not To)
- Fri,7:00 PM
- Apple Kills the Thunderbolt Display - Will the Mac Pro Be Next?
- 6:54 PM
- 6 Great Display Choices for Your MacBook Pro and Mac Pro
- 6:25 PM
- Apple Drops 2.81% in Broad Brexit Selloff
- 5:01 PM
- G Cloud Unlimited Backup for iPhone and Android: 5-Year Subscription for $29.99
- 1:46 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-06-24: Goodbye Thunderbolt Display, Spinning off the Mac
- 11:48 AM
- Plex Media Server Turns 1.0!
- 9:05 AM
- OS X: Using Policy Banner for Custom Login Screens
- Thu,9:01 PM
- Apple Discontinues Thunderbolt Display, Directs Customers to Unspecified 3rd Party Displays
- 8:55 PM
- Apple Adds RAW Support for 15 DSLR Cameras from Canon, Olympus, Panasonic, Sony
- 6:20 PM
- How to Display Calories or kJ on your iPhone/Apple Watch Health Apps
- 5:20 PM
- Ingrein ‘Smartclock’ Shows Important Notifications to Help You Detach from Your Screen