It's Just An Illusion
Cool Waste Of Time - It's Just An Illusion
by , 2:20 PM EDT, August 10th, 2005
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a persistent one.
Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.
Optical illusions are cool; just ask any Escher fan. What would be even cooler is if there was a Web site chock full of optical illusions. Well, feast your peepers on this installment of A Cool Waste of Time.
The eyes have it.
Seeing is believing.
Tell me, and I may believe you: Show me, and I'll believe my eyes.
For centuries, magicians have used all sorts of tricks to fool our eyes, making us believe that they can levitate elephants, regurgitate an endless stream of colorful handkerchiefs, and make anything from coins to cars disappear.
Are those circles really rotating? Are those dots actually disappearing? Tilt your head just right and prepare to be amazed. Michael Bach's site contains 55 of the best optical illusions we've ever seen, each with an explanation as to how and why they work.
Take a look. Good stuff!
Do you have a Cool Waste of Time you found on the Internet? Tell Vern Seward all about it, and he's pass it around...
- Thu,5:52 PM
- The Productive Design Mac Bundle: $39.99
- 3:05 PM
- Basic Tips for Using the Dock and Trash in OS X
- 1:54 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-07-31
- 11:18 AM
- Russia to Apple: All Your Code Are Belong to Us
- 10:15 AM
- Shazam Song Recognition Comes to the Mac
- 9:06 AM
- Get Ready for 1Password Everywhere in iOS 8
- Wed,11:45 PM
- ACM 265: Ford goes iPhone and Facebook’s App Breakup
- 8:25 PM
- Brett Domino Explains Pop Music’s Formula
- 7:03 PM
- New iPhones: Now With Less Sapphire
- 5:55 PM
- What Amazon Didn’t Say in Its Blog Post about Hachette
- 4:16 PM
- Apple Releases Fixed Version of MacBook Air EFI Firmware Update 2.9
- 3:45 PM
- OS X Yosemite: How to Turn Translucency Off or On