It's Just An Illusion
Cool Waste Of Time - It's Just An Illusion
by , 2:20 PM EDT, August 10th, 2005
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a persistent one.
Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.
Optical illusions are cool; just ask any Escher fan. What would be even cooler is if there was a Web site chock full of optical illusions. Well, feast your peepers on this installment of A Cool Waste of Time.
The eyes have it.
Seeing is believing.
Tell me, and I may believe you: Show me, and I'll believe my eyes.
For centuries, magicians have used all sorts of tricks to fool our eyes, making us believe that they can levitate elephants, regurgitate an endless stream of colorful handkerchiefs, and make anything from coins to cars disappear.
Are those circles really rotating? Are those dots actually disappearing? Tilt your head just right and prepare to be amazed. Michael Bach's site contains 55 of the best optical illusions we've ever seen, each with an explanation as to how and why they work.
Take a look. Good stuff!
Do you have a Cool Waste of Time you found on the Internet? Tell Vern Seward all about it, and he's pass it around...
- Wed,11:50 AM
- Read This Before You Install El Capitan
- 10:54 AM
- How to Enable Wi-Fi Calling on Your iPhone
- 10:25 AM
- AT&T gets a Green Light to Enable Wi-Fi Calling
- 9:00 AM
- How to Turn Off Nightstand Mode in Apple watchOS 2
- 8:50 AM
- El Capitan: Seeing “Find My Friends” on Your Mac
- 5:37 AM
- Apple Watch - Cycle (Video)
- Tue,8:21 PM
- Wall Street Journal Review of Google Now on Tap in Android Marshmallow
- 7:15 PM
- Disney Artists Tweet and Periscope about Apple’s New iPad Pro
- 6:08 PM
- KOAR Bluetooth Cloud Buds: $24.99
- 3:00 PM
- Native Union Apple Watch Charging Dock Goes Both Ways
- 1:57 PM
- Steve Jobs Stories Need to Be Told, Stop Fighting about Books and Movies
- 1:28 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2015-10-06: The Fight Over Steve Jobs’s History