AmTech Research Raises Apple Earnings Estimates on Tiger Strength
TMO Reports - AmTech Research Raises Apple Earnings Estimates on Tiger Strength
by , 11:45 AM EDT, July 6th, 2005
American Technology Research analyst Shaw Wu on Wednesday issued a research report that raised estimates for the quarterly financial numbers Apple will reveal on July 13. In the note, a copy of which was obtained by The Mac Observer, Mr. Wu writes: "From our checks with industry and channel sources, we believe AAPL will exceed consensus expectations of US$3.3 billion and $0.30 in EPS [earnings per share]. We believe AAPL will likely show gross margin and EPS upside due to strong sales of Mac OS X Tiger software upgrades."
He increased his revenue and EPS estimates to $3.4 billion and $0.34, respectively, but left his iPod unit forecast at 5.5 million. Of Apple's MP3 player business, Mr. Wu said: "While we believe there is a surplus of MP3 inventory, we believe Apple's inventory issues are minor compared to Creative Technology." That was a reference to a report from last week that revealed Creative has been forced to lower its MP3 player sales estimates for the current quarter.
Looking ahead, Mr. Wu sees Apple's September quarter revenue reaching $3.5-$3.7 billion "due to seasonal strength," with fiscal year '06 revenue and EPS estimates of $15.9 billion and $1.55, respectively. However, he maintains his "Hold" rating on the company's stock and "prefers AAPL shares in the low-$30s" because of "valuation and fundamental concerns. We believe iPod growth will slow due to upcoming tough comparisons and we also see potential risk in its Mac business (70%) with customer confusion on whether to buy now or wait out the two-year transition to Intel processors."
- Thu, 3:00 AM
- An Intervention Call and a Secret Science Project - TMO Daily Observations 2022-09-29
- Wed, 4:24 PM
- Apple TV+ Announces New Untitled Documentary Featuring 'Korea's Mermaids'
- Wed, 3:45 PM
- Apple Looking to Ready Apple Music Classical for Debut Sometime This Year
- Wed, 2:47 PM
- Tim Cook Talks About Lack of Women in Tech, EarPods Sales and the Future of AR
- Wed, 2:11 PM
- Sales Numbers, New Betas and Bugs, and Fresh Teardowns Seen From the Observation Deck
- Wed, 1:37 PM
- AirPods Pro 2 Feature Mystery Metal Insert Welded to Lightning Port
- Wed, 1:26 PM
- How the New Live Activities Feature in iOS 16.1 Works with Dynamic Island
- Wed, 12:46 PM
- Apple Rejects TSMC Bid to Increase Chip Price
- Wed, 12:06 PM
- Apple Looking to Ditch Production Increase of iPhone 14 Series Due to Lowering Demand
- Wed, 11:45 AM
- New iPadOS 16.1 Beta Enables Stage Manager on Older iPad Pros
- Wed, 10:56 AM
- Apple Shares How the iPad Pro Helps Archaeologists Preserve the Ancient History of Pompeii
- Wed, 3:00 AM
- Things You Should Not Do with Your Apple Watch Ultra - TMO Daily Observations 2022-09-28