Lowel Introduces Ego Digital Imaging Lighting System
TMO at Macworld - Lowel Introduces Ego Digital Imaging Lighting System
by , 1:25 PM EDT, July 14th, 2005
BOSTON -- At Macworld Boston, Lowel introduced the Lowel Ego, a lighting system for photography, digital photography, digital video, and Webcam use.
Digital cameras are great, but one drawback on many models is that the tiny little built-in flash produces less than optimum results. Messing around with the controls can sometimes reveal a camera mode that can eliminate the need for a flash, but at the expense of having a very steady hand or tripod. Another solution is to have decent lighting so you don't need a flash. The team at Lowel has introduced the Lowel Ego to help with these situations.
Lowel Ego Lighting System
The Lowel Ego uses two 27 watt custom daylight fluorescent lamps, with a life of at least 5,000 hours. The system also includes a bounce reflector, to provide even lighting, especially for larger subjects. Ego can also be used for DV talking head shots, digital still portraits, and webcam desktop video conferencing. The entire system lists for $125.
- Mon,12:40 PM
- Three Ways to Protect your Apple Watch (and One Way Not To)
- Tue,1:38 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-05-31: EU Social Network Censorship, VocalIQ and Siri
- 9:24 AM
- VocalIQ is Apple’s Key to Keeping Siri Relevant
- Mon,8:00 AM
- Enjoy Your Memorial Day
- Sun,11:53 AM
- MGG 607: The Pocket Dial Conspiracy
- Fri,9:47 PM
- The Pros and Cons of a Proprietary Apple Car Charger
- 6:59 PM
- VirnetX Wants to Shut Down FaceTime, but it Won’t Happen
- 5:45 PM
- Star Wars: Force Awakens Soundtrack LPs Will Feature Built-in Holograms—Really
- 5:45 PM
- It Could Happen - Universally Autonomous Cars Could Fail in the Marketplace
- 5:36 PM
- Record Your Mac’s Screen with iShowU Instant: $12
- 1:49 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-05-27: Apple’s Car Charging Plans, Eddy Cue’s Time Warner Deal
- 11:50 AM
- iPhone SE: Is Less the New More?