Lowel Introduces Ego Digital Imaging Lighting System
TMO at Macworld - Lowel Introduces Ego Digital Imaging Lighting System
by , 1:25 PM EDT, July 14th, 2005
BOSTON -- At Macworld Boston, Lowel introduced the Lowel Ego, a lighting system for photography, digital photography, digital video, and Webcam use.
Digital cameras are great, but one drawback on many models is that the tiny little built-in flash produces less than optimum results. Messing around with the controls can sometimes reveal a camera mode that can eliminate the need for a flash, but at the expense of having a very steady hand or tripod. Another solution is to have decent lighting so you don't need a flash. The team at Lowel has introduced the Lowel Ego to help with these situations.
Lowel Ego Lighting System
The Lowel Ego uses two 27 watt custom daylight fluorescent lamps, with a life of at least 5,000 hours. The system also includes a bounce reflector, to provide even lighting, especially for larger subjects. Ego can also be used for DV talking head shots, digital still portraits, and webcam desktop video conferencing. The entire system lists for $125.
- Mon,12:40 PM
- Three Ways to Protect your Apple Watch (and One Way Not To)
- Mon,10:42 PM
- Google Brings Higher Resolution Satellite Imagery to Google Earth and Maps
- 9:10 PM
- Google Bloks Will Offer Kids Hands-On, Collaborative Programming Concepts
- 8:44 PM
- PRE-SALE: The Complete iOS 10 Developer Course at $29
- 5:15 PM
- Game Foul: Ford Dealership Steals Firewatch Art
- 5:04 PM
- TMO Background Mode: Interview With Symply Co-founder and President Alex Grossman
- 3:20 PM
- iPhone 7 Sans Headphone Jack: The Debate Continues
- 1:58 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-06-27: AAPL, Brexit, Google Blocks
- 11:58 AM
- Google Ready to Try Apple’s Tactics with New Smartphone
- 9:33 AM
- Apple gets its Rainbow on for SF Pride Parade
- Sun,12:18 PM
- MGG 611: Troubleshoot & Resolve Your Mac & Apple Issues
- Fri,7:00 PM
- Apple Kills the Thunderbolt Display - Will the Mac Pro Be Next?