ThinkFree Announces Beta Release of ThinkFree Office Online
TMO at Macworld - ThinkFree Announces Beta Release of ThinkFree Office Online
by , 12:35 PM EDT, July 13th, 2005
BOSTON -- In addition to our earlier report at iPodObserver about ThinkFree Office 3 Show, iPod Edition, ThinkFree also announced the beta release of a new online product dubbed ThinkFree Office Online. TJ Kang, CEO of ThinkFree, took a few moments to demonstrate the new service to The Mac Observer.
Thanks to the magic of Java, ThinkFree Office Online offers the same easy-to-use software as the ThinkFree Office 3 suite. Unlike other ThinkFree products, the basic service will be free, and will rely on keyword driven advertising, as well as charging for services beyond the basic offering. In addition to allowing users to create, access and edit any Word, Excel or PowerPoint file, the Online service offers some interesting additional goodies.
The first is 30 MB of upgradable online storage, so you have somewhere to put your documents. The next feature is blog embedding, so you can create a mini version of the ThinkFree Java software within your blog, which makes it possible to things such as sharing Office documents without requiring users to download a special viewer.
The last feature is an instant PDF feature where one can take any Word, Excel or PowerPoint document and change it into a secure, unchangeable PDF file.
ThinkFree Office Online is available immediately.
- Tue,8:30 PM
- Class-Action Suit Against Apple for Alleged Labor Violations
- 8:04 PM
- Apple Buys 29 Companies (plus Beats) in 21 months, 5 Since March
- 6:40 PM
- Apple’s Tim Cook Says iPad Sales Behind IBM Partnership
- 6:20 PM
- Apple: iTunes is the Fastest Growing Part of Our Business
- 5:23 PM
- Apple to Shareholders: You get 47 Cents!
- 4:35 PM
- Apple Posts Record June Quarter and 20% EPS Growth [Update]
- 3:27 PM
- MacSparky Field Guide: Presentations Released
- 2:37 PM
- Universal Car Mount w/360 Degree Adjustable Fit for $14
- 2:21 PM
- Petition Demands Samsung Improve Factory Conditions, 40K Signatures
- 1:33 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-07-22
- 11:16 AM
- Samsung’s Ad Message: It’s Time for New Marketing Tactics
- 10:18 AM
- AAPL Q3 2014 Earnings Report Set for Tuesday Afternoon