ATR Analyst Shaw Wu Sees New Mac mini, iBook Released in Two Weeks
TMO Reports - ATR Analyst Shaw Wu Sees New Mac mini, iBook Released in Two Weeks
by , 12:35 PM EDT, July 25th, 2005
American Technology Research analyst Shaw Wu on Monday issued a new research report obtained by The Mac Observer. In it, he writes: "Based on our checks with industry and channel sources, we believe Apple will release new enhanced versions of Mac mini and iBook product lines within the next two weeks, in time for the important back-to-school season." He expects the Mac mini to receive 512MB RAM and built-in AirPort Extreme and Bluetooth (currently it comes with 256MB RAM and AirPort Extreme and Bluetooth are optional), while he thinks the iBook line will add a widescreen model, which is currently only available to PowerBook purchasers.
Mr. Wu also writes: "Both these refreshes should help spur sales. However, like other refreshes, a key thing to watch is whether the enhanced lower-end product will cannibalize higher-end ones. For Mac mini specifically, the question is whether an enhanced version will cannibalize sales of iMac G5, which many customers have opted to buy instead of the current Mac mini."
He maintains his "Hold" rating on the stock "as we find its valuation rich and our fundamental concerns remain. We prefer the risk-reward in the mid-$30s." In past research reports, he has cited the risk associated with the switch to Intel processors, as well as the heavy competition Apple sees in the MP3 player market, as reasons to be cautious. He has a US$44 price target on the shares. At 12:30 PM EST on Monday, Apple shares were selling for $43.80, down almost 0.5% for the day.
- Mon,12:40 PM
- Three Ways to Protect your Apple Watch (and One Way Not To)
- Mon,10:42 PM
- Google Brings Higher Resolution Satellite Imagery to Google Earth and Maps
- 9:10 PM
- Google Bloks Will Offer Kids Hands-On, Collaborative Programming Concepts
- 8:44 PM
- PRE-SALE: The Complete iOS 10 Developer Course at $29
- 5:15 PM
- Game Foul: Ford Dealership Steals Firewatch Art
- 5:04 PM
- TMO Background Mode: Interview With Symply Co-founder and President Alex Grossman
- 3:20 PM
- iPhone 7 Sans Headphone Jack: The Debate Continues
- 1:58 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-06-27: AAPL, Brexit, Google Blocks
- 11:58 AM
- Google Ready to Try Apple’s Tactics with New Smartphone
- 9:33 AM
- Apple gets its Rainbow on for SF Pride Parade
- Sun,12:18 PM
- MGG 611: Troubleshoot & Resolve Your Mac & Apple Issues
- Fri,7:00 PM
- Apple Kills the Thunderbolt Display - Will the Mac Pro Be Next?