Apple Confirms More iPods to Come for Holidays
First on TMO - Apple Confirms More iPods to Come for Holidays
by , 5:35 PM EDT, October 11th, 2005
In Tuesday's analyst conference call, an Apple executive specifically confirmed that the company has more new iPods coming for the holiday shopping season. In answer to a question about the iPod nano, Tim Cook Apple's Executive Vice President Worldwide Sales and Operations, said that his company would have more new iPods it has yet to introduce.
"Over a year ago, we set out to create revolutionary updates to our core iPod line-up and last quarter was the final quarter for the older products," said Mr. Cook. "We think we did rather well with the prior line-up and believe we will do even bet we are the new line-up we have for the holiday season, including the iPod Nano and some very innovative new products that we have yet to introduce."
Logic suggests that any such unannounced products will be included in the media event Apple will hosting on Wednesday, October 12th, 2005. With the holiday shopping season considered to start in October, especially considering time-to-market considerations for the retail channel, Apple has a limited window in which to introduce products it intends to sell this season.
The Mac Observer and iPodObserver will attending the media event, which starts at 10:00 AM PDT, and you can expect live coverage and photographs.
- Fri,6:00 PM
- How Apple Succeeds in an Amazon World
- 5:37 PM
- DocumentSnap’s Paperless Security Guide
- 5:32 PM
- Ultra-Durable Wired Headset with Lifetime Warranty for $16.99
- 5:25 PM
- Adobe Says Apple Dominates ‘TV Everywhere’ Viewing
- 3:10 PM
- Limited-Edition ‘Code Black’ HD-Camera Drone: $69
- 1:48 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2015-09-03: Cleaning Up Apple Music, Listeners Comments on Apple TV Shows
- 11:52 AM
- Analyst: “Hey Siri” Media Event no Game Changer for AAPL
- 10:19 AM
- Runtastic goes Analog with Moment Fitness Tracker Watch
- 9:07 AM
- iOS 9 Beta: Sharing and Saving Voicemails
- Thu,10:05 PM
- Joy of Tech Comic Nails the Difference Between Cable Providers and Customers on Apple TV
- 6:15 PM
- Patriot Ready With a USB-C Flash Drive for Apple’s MacBook
- 5:20 PM
- Apple Committed to ‘Cleaning Up’ Apple Music