Apple Confirms More iPods to Come for Holidays
First on TMO - Apple Confirms More iPods to Come for Holidays
by , 5:35 PM EDT, October 11th, 2005
In Tuesday's analyst conference call, an Apple executive specifically confirmed that the company has more new iPods coming for the holiday shopping season. In answer to a question about the iPod nano, Tim Cook Apple's Executive Vice President Worldwide Sales and Operations, said that his company would have more new iPods it has yet to introduce.
"Over a year ago, we set out to create revolutionary updates to our core iPod line-up and last quarter was the final quarter for the older products," said Mr. Cook. "We think we did rather well with the prior line-up and believe we will do even bet we are the new line-up we have for the holiday season, including the iPod Nano and some very innovative new products that we have yet to introduce."
Logic suggests that any such unannounced products will be included in the media event Apple will hosting on Wednesday, October 12th, 2005. With the holiday shopping season considered to start in October, especially considering time-to-market considerations for the retail channel, Apple has a limited window in which to introduce products it intends to sell this season.
The Mac Observer and iPodObserver will attending the media event, which starts at 10:00 AM PDT, and you can expect live coverage and photographs.
- Fri,6:36 PM
- iCloud Music Library and DRM: Now with Slightly Less Disaster
- 9:38 AM
- Apple Music - Or Some Streaming Service - Needs To Steal Discovery From Napster
- 8:00 AM
- Happy U.S. Independence Day
- 1:38 AM
- Apple Posts San Francisco Pride 2015 Video
- Thu,8:51 PM
- Mpow 3-Port Intelligent Car Charger: $13.99
- 8:44 PM
- Apple Loses iBooks Antitrust Appeal in Split Decision
- 5:00 PM
- Apple Earns a Black Eye for Apple Music
- 3:04 PM
- Apple’s New Design Bosses Report to Tim Cook, not Jony Ive
- 2:01 PM
- 3 Great iPhone Cables for Travel
- 1:39 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2015-07-02: Coping with iCloud Music Library’s Problems
- 10:58 AM
- iTunes 12.2 and iCloud Music Library: A Disaster for Your Music Collection
- 8:59 AM
- How To Add Nickname, Photo to Apple Music Profile