Apple Confirms More iPods to Come for Holidays
First on TMO - Apple Confirms More iPods to Come for Holidays
by , 5:35 PM EDT, October 11th, 2005
In Tuesday's analyst conference call, an Apple executive specifically confirmed that the company has more new iPods coming for the holiday shopping season. In answer to a question about the iPod nano, Tim Cook Apple's Executive Vice President Worldwide Sales and Operations, said that his company would have more new iPods it has yet to introduce.
"Over a year ago, we set out to create revolutionary updates to our core iPod line-up and last quarter was the final quarter for the older products," said Mr. Cook. "We think we did rather well with the prior line-up and believe we will do even bet we are the new line-up we have for the holiday season, including the iPod Nano and some very innovative new products that we have yet to introduce."
Logic suggests that any such unannounced products will be included in the media event Apple will hosting on Wednesday, October 12th, 2005. With the holiday shopping season considered to start in October, especially considering time-to-market considerations for the retail channel, Apple has a limited window in which to introduce products it intends to sell this season.
The Mac Observer and iPodObserver will attending the media event, which starts at 10:00 AM PDT, and you can expect live coverage and photographs.
- Thu,8:00 AM
- Happy Thanksgiving from The Mac Observer!
- Wed,9:36 PM
- Apple Reportedly Building Chinese Sapphire Plant with Foxconn
- 8:40 PM
- ACM 282: The Steampunk, Sapphire, and Apple Watch Episode
- 7:46 PM
- Melissa Holt on MacJury’s Holiday Gift Guide 2
- 4:42 PM
- Steampunk USB Flash Drives with Motorized Gears - Really!
- 4:05 PM
- Black Friday 2014: The Best Mac Deals
- 3:10 PM
- iOS 8: Control Which Apps Can Access Your Private Data
- 2:50 PM
- The Name Your Own Price Must-Have Mac Bundle
- 1:36 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-11-26
- 10:46 AM
- 5 iPhone Apps to Cut Your Thanksgivings Stress
- 8:50 AM
- iOS 8 and OS X Yosemite: Naming Group Conversations in Messages
- Tue,9:01 PM
- BuzzFeed Uses Apple Watches to Incentivise Staff