Apple Confirms More iPods to Come for Holidays
First on TMO - Apple Confirms More iPods to Come for Holidays
by , 5:35 PM EDT, October 11th, 2005
In Tuesday's analyst conference call, an Apple executive specifically confirmed that the company has more new iPods coming for the holiday shopping season. In answer to a question about the iPod nano, Tim Cook Apple's Executive Vice President Worldwide Sales and Operations, said that his company would have more new iPods it has yet to introduce.
"Over a year ago, we set out to create revolutionary updates to our core iPod line-up and last quarter was the final quarter for the older products," said Mr. Cook. "We think we did rather well with the prior line-up and believe we will do even bet we are the new line-up we have for the holiday season, including the iPod Nano and some very innovative new products that we have yet to introduce."
Logic suggests that any such unannounced products will be included in the media event Apple will hosting on Wednesday, October 12th, 2005. With the holiday shopping season considered to start in October, especially considering time-to-market considerations for the retail channel, Apple has a limited window in which to introduce products it intends to sell this season.
The Mac Observer and iPodObserver will attending the media event, which starts at 10:00 AM PDT, and you can expect live coverage and photographs.
- Mon,10:20 PM
- Beats Music Adds More User Controls to iOS App, Including ‘Tune Your Taste’
- 9:48 PM
- Facebook Forces iPhone Users To Separate Messaging App
- 7:56 PM
- Blockchain.info Brings Bitcoin Wallet App Back to App Store
- 6:56 PM
- ‘Another One Bites The Dust’ Played Using Disk Drives
- 5:57 PM
- Lord & Taylor, Hudson’s Bay Company Deploy iBeacons in Stores
- 5:18 PM
- The Mac Mastery Training Bundle: $29
- 4:39 PM
- Hilton to Turn Your iPhone into Your Hotel Room Key
- 3:55 PM
- OS X Yosemite: What Does That Little Green Button do NOW?
- 2:02 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-07-28
- 10:55 AM
- Apple Ready to Buy Swell Talk Show App in $30M Deal
- 10:09 AM
- Report Claims Retina MacBook Pro Speed Bump Coming Tuesday
- 9:04 AM
- EU Greenlights Apple’s Beats Acquisition