Apple Unveils Video iPod, iTunes 6
TMO Reports - Apple Unveils Video iPod, iTunes 6
by , 2:20 PM EDT, October 12th, 2005
Apple announced a new iPod sporting video capabilities Wednesday at its "One More Thing..." event. The new model is 30 percent thinner than previous models, has a larger 2.5-inch QVGA display with 320 x 240 resolution, H.264 support, and either a 30 or 60GB hard drive.
The new iPod is still primarily a music device, but the larger display should make it easier to watch videos, and the video out port will let you watch recordings on your television. We'll have to wait and see what kind of quality comes from connecting an iPod to a television, since the videos are stored at 320 x 240 resolution. Battery life on the new iPod is pegged at 14 hours for the 30GB model, and 20 hours for the 60GB model.
Apple is also shipping a new iPod Universal Dock that supports the new Apple Remote, also announced today.
The iPod ships with the traditional iPod earphones, USB 2.0 cable, dock adapter for use with the Universal Dock, and case.
Along with the new iPod comes iTunes 6, which is available today. The new version supports downloading music videos and television shows for US$1.99 apiece. Fans of ABC's "Desperate Housewives" and "Lost" will be happy to know that they can download those programs, along with several other ABC programs.
Look for the new iPod in 30 and 60 GB hard drive models in both white and black to be in stores by next week. The 30GB models will sell for $299, and the 60GB model for $399. The Universal Dock retails for $39.00, the Apple Remote is $29.00, and iTunes 6 is a free download form Apple's web site.
- Mon,5:02 PM
- Apple Posts a Record September Quarter - $42.1 Billion Revenue, $8.5 Billion Earnings
- 4:45 PM
- How-to Set Up Apple Pay
- 1:32 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-10-20
- 1:19 PM
- Apple Releases iOS 8.1 With Apple Pay, iCloud Photo Library, Camera Roll, More
- 11:49 AM
- Spotify Announces Family Plans
- 9:59 AM
- Apple To Release iOS 8.1 Update Today, Here’s How To Get Ready
- 9:02 AM
- Dropbox Releases iOS Update 3.5, Includes Touch ID
- Sun,11:54 AM
- MGG 524: Cool Stuff Found & Yosemite Notes
- Sat,10:30 AM
- 3 More Tips for Making Better Slide Show Presentations in Apple’s Keynote
- Fri,5:50 PM
- Eek! How Did I Ever Live With an iPhone 5s?
- 5:15 PM
- Apple Posts Full Video for October Media Event
- 4:15 PM
- Sales Prospects for Apple’s iPad Air 2 Look Good