Blizzard Unveils World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade Expansion Pack
Mac Gaming News - Blizzard Unveils World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade Expansion Pack
by , 3:35 PM EDT, October 28th, 2005
Blizzard Entertainment on Friday introduced The Burning Crusade, an expansion pack for its popular World of Warcraft massively multiplayer online role-playing game. The news came as the company wraps up the BlizzCon convention being held this week in Anaheim.
While Blizzard has continuously updated World of Warcraft with new content since its release a year ago, The Burning Crusade promises major changes, including the addition of two new races, the Blood Elves and another yet to be revealed. A new continent, Outland, is available for exploration, and characters will be able to go beyond the current 60-level cap to reach 70th level.
Outland offers not only new dungeons, battlefields, quests, monsters and NPCs but also new airborne mounts that enable players to more easily traverse inhospitable terrain. A new profession, jewelcrafting, ties into the advent of "socketable" items that can be customized, and all character classes will gain new spells and other abilities.
Blizzard did not announce a ship date for the game, nor did it offer pricing.
- Sat,5:29 PM
- Apple Not Allowing Fart Apps on Apple Watch
- 4:23 PM
- How to Convert iPhone Photos to Black And White
- 3:48 PM
- Quick Tip: How to Take an Apple Watch Screenshot
- 10:30 AM
- Three Scenarios for Home Automation
- Fri,9:44 PM
- Sony and Samsung Both Offered to Pay James Bond to Use Their Phones
- 6:39 PM
- XTC In-Ear Genuine Wood Headphones: $23.99
- 6:30 PM
- Four Things To Get You Started With Apple Watch
- 3:55 PM
- Apple’s iPhone 7 Will Make Current iPhones Obsolete
- 1:50 PM
- Apple Offers Online Personal Setup Assistance for Apple Watch
- 1:22 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2015-04-24: Getting Inside Apple Watch
- 11:24 AM
- iFixit Apple Watch Tear Down Kills Hopes of Upgrades
- 10:09 AM
- Apple Watch App Store Open for Business with 3,000 Apps