Blu-Ray Disc Specs Completed
TMO at CES - Blu-Ray Disc Specs Completed
by , 3:00 AM EST, January 6th, 2006
LAS VEGAS -- The Blu-Ray Disc Association announced at this week's Consumer Electronics Show that the format specification is complete for BD-ROM, BD-RE and BD-R media in both single-layer (25GB) and dual-layer (50GB) capacities. Various companies are showing off Blu-Ray DVD players during CES, and Blu-Ray versions of theatrical films are on display too. Sony's PlayStation 3, also being demonstrated during the show, will use the format.
Apple is a member of the Blu-Ray Disc Association Board of Directors, along with Dell, Hewlett-Packard, Hitachi, LG Electronics, Mitsubishi, Panasonic, Pioneer, Royal Philips, Samsung, Sharp, Sony, TDK, Thomson, Twentieth Century Fox, Disney and Warner Bros.
- Mon,12:40 PM
- Three Ways to Protect your Apple Watch (and One Way Not To)
- Wed,8:28 PM
- Simon Pierro, Peanuts, a Chimp, and iPad Magic (Video)
- 6:36 PM
- Aaron Sorkin’s ‘Steve Jobs’ Movie Available on iTunes for $14.99
- 5:00 PM
- What Happens When Your Autonomous Car Crashes?
- 4:03 PM
- ACM 345: What Is Apple’s Mission?
- 2:35 PM
- SizeUp for Mac: $4.99
- 1:50 PM
- Use Two Mac Displays to Maximize Your Productivity, Even on the Road
- 1:35 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-02-10: Sexy Music Time, Self Driving Cars
- 10:55 AM
- Study Shows Music Makes for a Better Love Life
- 9:05 AM
- El Capitan: Getting the Sizes of Mailboxes
- Tue,7:45 PM
- Apple’s Vision is Plain for (Most) Everyone to See
- 7:00 PM
- Final Fantasy IX Released for iPad and iPhone, Discounted at $16.99