Apple Updates iWork With '06 Version
TMO at Macworld - Apple Updates iWork With '06 Version
by , 2:20 PM EST, January 10th, 2006
SAN FRANCISCO -- In addition to iLife, Apple's iWork productivity suite, which includes the presentation software Keynote and the word processing/page layout application Pages, received an '06 upgrade during CEO Steve Jobs' keynote. Both Keynote 3 and Pages 2 can take advantage of such new features as 3D charts, iPhoto-like image editing and masking tools and spreadsheet-like tables.
While not as full-featured as Microsoft Excel, the tables function enables users to add, multiple or average numbers in rows or columns and insert the results in a Keynote or Pages document. Those spreadsheets can also be turned into 3D charts with wood grain, metal or marble textures, complete with the ability to control the viewing angle.
The image editing tools include freeform shapes and curves, while iWork '06 also enables users to include comments in slides and documents without affecting their layout. Pages 2 offers mail merge with Address Book, as well as two dozen new templates and new thumbnail and search views.
Features new to Keynote 3 include cinematic transitions, such as vertical or horizontal blinds and a revolving door, a Light Table view mode for looking at an entire presentation and reorganizing slides and flexible build animations with more control over bullet lists, tables and charts.
iWork '06 sells for US$79 and requires a G4, G5 or Intel Core processor, 256MB RAM (512MB recommended), 32MB of Video RAM, QuickTime 7.0.3 and a DVD drive.
- Wed,10:20 PM
- ACM 322: Apple’s TV Shows, Ian Rogers’ New Job, iPhone Jailbreaking
- 5:30 PM
- Frozen: How to Force Quit an OS X App Showing a Spinning Beachball of Death
- 4:40 PM
- Making the Case for the iPod Touch
- 4:25 PM
- Dr. Mac Presents: Smart Option Key Tricks
- 3:57 PM
- A Lawn Chair, an Umbrella, and 54 Propellers
- 2:39 PM
- AluPen Digital Fine-Point Stylus: $34.95
- 2:12 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2015-09-02: Listeners Respond to El Capitan Debate
- 11:30 AM
- Adonit’s Jot Dash: The Workhorse Stylus You’ve Been Waiting For
- 10:16 AM
- Apple Music’s Ian Rogers Left for the Fashion Industry
- 9:48 AM
- How iTunes Movie DRM-Removal Software Keeps Me Honest
- 9:07 AM
- OS X El Capitan Beta: Using Mail Gestures
- Tue,7:47 PM
- Handmade Leather Lightning iPhone Chargers