IntelliScanner Intros Home Inventory Bundle, Ships Kitchen Companion 100
TMO at Macworld - IntelliScanner Intros Home Inventory Bundle, Ships Kitchen Companion 100
by , 11:10 AM EST, January 10th, 2006
SAN FRANCISCO -- IntelliScanner Corp. on Tuesday introduced its new Home Inventory bundle, which includes a barcode reader, home asset and media tracking software and 250 pre-printed barcode tags. In addition, the company said that it is now shipping its Kitchen Companion 100, a device that aids with grocery shopping.
IntelliScanner's Home Assets application enables users to not only track any item in their home with the included pre-printed asset tags but also burn information to a CD for insurance purposes, stay on top of depreciation, store digital photos of assets and more. The accompanying Media Collector software lets users scan the barcodes on their books, movies, music CDs and games, automatically populating their database with information.
Kitchen Companion features an Internet-enabled database of more than 300,000 grocery items. It can be used to scan barcodes on products as they're used, with the ability to download that information to a computer and create shopping lists for export to an iPod, Palm PDA or Bluetooth cell phone. The included software also offers advanced features for power users and dietary consultants.
Both new products are available for sale at this week's Macworld Conference & Expo. The Home Inventory bundle is US$179 for the corded USB scanner and $279 for a wireless, Bluetooth-enabled scanner. After Friday, Jan. 13, those prices will be $199 and $299, respectively.
Kitchen Companion 100 includes a wireless, Bluetooth-enabled scanner or one that connects to a serial port (PC only) and sells for $249. An option with a wired USB scanner is $149. After Jan. 13, those prices will be $279 and $179, respectively.
- Tue,9:43 PM
- Falling Sales Suggest Apple Watch Isn’t Resonating with Consumers
- 7:05 PM
- Standalone Showtime Apps Hit Apple TV and App Store
- 4:30 PM
- A Working Star Trek Communicator (Bluetooth) Handset
- 4:09 PM
- SplashID Pro Lifetime Plan - $24.99
- 3:15 PM
- 2 Apple Watch Charging Stands for Travel Compared
- 1:09 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2015-07-07: Apple’s Product Packaging Rules, iOS 8.4 Home Sharing
- 11:38 AM
- LEGO Ideas Brings Ada Lovelace, Analytic Engine to Life
- 10:07 AM
- Apple’s Eddy Cue: Music Home Sharing Could Return in iOS 9
- 8:50 AM
- Apple Music: Three Quick Tips!
- Mon,9:29 PM
- Amazon Cloud Drive Comes to iOS App Store
- 7:40 PM
- PHATASS, the Prince Harvey Rap Album Recorded at an Apple Store
- 5:55 PM
- An Electric Car Won this Year’s Pikes Peak Hill Climb