Recosoft Demonstrates New Version of PDF2Office Conversion Software
TMO at Macworld - Recosoft Demonstrates New Version of PDF2Office Conversion Software
by , 12:00 PM EST, January 11th, 2006
SAN FRANCISCO -- Recosoft, maker of PDF2Office, demonstrated a new version of their PDF to Office translation software at this week's Macworld Expo. PDF2Office can take a PDF document and translate it into multiple formats, such as Microsoft Word, RTF, AppleWorks and HTML. New in version 3.0 Professional is the ability to also export to Microsoft PowerPoint format. Paul Chadha, Director, took some time to demonstrate the software.
PDF2Office starts by, of course, opening a PDF document. Once it is open, you then select the type of file you'd like to convert it to. You can select from the aforementioned file formats, and even fine-tune for specific formats, such as exporting to Word 97 or Word 98 format. You can also select which portions of the document to export, such as properties, information, graphics, tables, page breaks and annotations. You then start the conversion operation.
One of the new features is intelligent font substitution, so that if a font isn't available, one as close as possible will be substituted, in the appropriate size. Another is support for languages, including English, Japanese, Chinese and Korean. There is also support for password-protected PDF files, assuming, of course, that you have the password.
PDF2Office Professional 3.0 will be available in February. Users who purchase the current Version 2.1 for US$129 will receive a free upgrade when the new product ships.
- Mon,12:40 PM
- Three Ways to Protect your Apple Watch (and One Way Not To)
- Thu,10:32 AM
- Happy Thanksgiving from The Mac Observer!
- Wed,7:53 PM
- Awaken the Force with these Free Star Wars Apps
- 5:28 PM
- How to Pair Bluetooth Headphones with Your Apple TV
- 4:40 PM
- Pay What You Want for the Learn to Code Bundle
- 4:27 PM
- ACM 334: Apple’s Mac Pro vs. The Devil’s Advocate
- 4:20 PM
- Apple is Doing Something That Could Accidentally Torpedo the iPad Pro
- 2:08 PM
- Sponsor: New MacX DVD Ripper Pro Giveaway
- 1:40 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2015-11-25: Apple’s Plans for Faceshift
- 1:32 PM
- Apple Commercial: Someday At Christmas - Stevie Wonder + Andra Day (Video)
- 9:58 AM
- Apple Buys Star Wars-related Facial Recognition Company Faceshift
- 9:01 AM
- iOS 9: Using Mail Markup with Photos