DEVONtechnologies Shows Updated DEVONagent Research Assistant
TMO at Macworld - DEVONtechnologies Shows Updated DEVONagent Research Assistant
by , 1:30 PM EST, January 11th, 2006
SAN FRANCISCO -- DEVONtechnologies, makers of the DEVONagent research assistant tool, demonstrated version 2.0 of the product at the Macworld Expo show. DEVONagent uses existing Internet search engines, but it parses and presents the information in a way that helps users find what they are looking for. Eric Bohnisch-Volkmann, President, took some time to demonstrate the new product to The Mac Observer.
Users enter their queries into DEVONagent as they would with any search tool, using special qualifiers such as NEAR to gain even finer control over what they're looking for. The software then presents the query to about 135 search engines. Once the tool gets results, it doesn't just display text and links, but also displays them in a Theme window, which shows found keywords and their frequency.
DEVONagent 2.0 also features a new AI-based visualizer, which creates a graphic map centered around a topic, with related topics indicated by connections, and their relevance indicated by size.
Other new features in the 2.0 release include language filters, tabbed browsing, private browsing, and keywords for a quick search in the built-in browser. The public beta is available immediately, and the final version will be available in Q1 2006 for US$49.95. Existing owners will be able to upgrade for US$19.95.
- Wed,3:10 PM
- How to Deauthorize All Devices in iTunes 12
- Sun,12:13 PM
- MGG 554: Sleepy Macs Sometimes Go To Work
- Sat,10:30 AM
- How to Decide Between a Smartswitch and a Timer for Your Smarthome
- Fri,6:47 PM
- 1987 Apple Promo Video Hints at Hubris of the 1990s
- 3:29 PM
- Blur Premium Privacy Protection Lifetime Subscription: $49.99
- 2:55 PM
- Apple May Finally Be Ready to Reinvigorate the iPad
- 2:39 PM
- Google Study Finds ‘Security Questions’ Next to Useless
- 1:08 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2015-05-22: Fingerprints to Google and Apple Watch Heartrate Monitoring
- 11:16 AM
- Apple Watch OS Update Reduces Background Heart Rate Monitoring Frequency
- 10:10 AM
- Apple’s App Store Needs Cold Storage
- 8:30 AM
- Apple Watch: Three Tips on Contacting Your Pals
- Thu,5:44 PM
- Promotional Apple II Video with Steve Jobs, Steve Wozniak, Byte Shop