DEVONtechnologies Shows Updated DEVONagent Research Assistant
TMO at Macworld - DEVONtechnologies Shows Updated DEVONagent Research Assistant
by , 1:30 PM EST, January 11th, 2006
SAN FRANCISCO -- DEVONtechnologies, makers of the DEVONagent research assistant tool, demonstrated version 2.0 of the product at the Macworld Expo show. DEVONagent uses existing Internet search engines, but it parses and presents the information in a way that helps users find what they are looking for. Eric Bohnisch-Volkmann, President, took some time to demonstrate the new product to The Mac Observer.
Users enter their queries into DEVONagent as they would with any search tool, using special qualifiers such as NEAR to gain even finer control over what they're looking for. The software then presents the query to about 135 search engines. Once the tool gets results, it doesn't just display text and links, but also displays them in a Theme window, which shows found keywords and their frequency.
DEVONagent 2.0 also features a new AI-based visualizer, which creates a graphic map centered around a topic, with related topics indicated by connections, and their relevance indicated by size.
Other new features in the 2.0 release include language filters, tabbed browsing, private browsing, and keywords for a quick search in the built-in browser. The public beta is available immediately, and the final version will be available in Q1 2006 for US$49.95. Existing owners will be able to upgrade for US$19.95.
- Thu,9:10 PM
- Apple on iPhone Battery Performance: You’re Measuring It Wrong
- 6:56 PM
- The Big Mac Bundle: $17.99
- 6:00 PM
- The Two Sides of Apple: Brilliance and Ennui
- 2:28 PM
- AT&T Fires Up Wi-Fi Calling Support
- 1:42 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2015-10-08: Samsung vs. TSMC iPhone Chips, Lightroom for iPad
- 11:36 AM
- NASA’s Apollo Mission Photos Free on Flickr
- 10:33 AM
- Adobe Sets Lightroom for iPhone, iPad Free from Creative Cloud
- 9:14 AM
- Harry Potter Comes to Apple’s iBook Store with Enhanced Editions
- Wed,10:30 PM
- ACM 327: Competing with Google Now, Apple’s Other New Campus, iPad Pro for Artists
- 5:41 PM
- Pay What You Want for the WordPress Wizard Bundle
- 1:56 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2015-10-07: AT&T Wi-Fi Calling, Apple TV and Vidity
- 11:50 AM
- Read This Before You Install El Capitan