DEVONtechnologies Shows Updated DEVONagent Research Assistant
TMO at Macworld - DEVONtechnologies Shows Updated DEVONagent Research Assistant
by , 1:30 PM EST, January 11th, 2006
SAN FRANCISCO -- DEVONtechnologies, makers of the DEVONagent research assistant tool, demonstrated version 2.0 of the product at the Macworld Expo show. DEVONagent uses existing Internet search engines, but it parses and presents the information in a way that helps users find what they are looking for. Eric Bohnisch-Volkmann, President, took some time to demonstrate the new product to The Mac Observer.
Users enter their queries into DEVONagent as they would with any search tool, using special qualifiers such as NEAR to gain even finer control over what they're looking for. The software then presents the query to about 135 search engines. Once the tool gets results, it doesn't just display text and links, but also displays them in a Theme window, which shows found keywords and their frequency.
DEVONagent 2.0 also features a new AI-based visualizer, which creates a graphic map centered around a topic, with related topics indicated by connections, and their relevance indicated by size.
Other new features in the 2.0 release include language filters, tabbed browsing, private browsing, and keywords for a quick search in the built-in browser. The public beta is available immediately, and the final version will be available in Q1 2006 for US$49.95. Existing owners will be able to upgrade for US$19.95.
- Wed,3:47 PM
- Aaron Sorkin’s Steve Jobs Movie Starts Filming with Michael Fassbender as Jobs
- 2:45 PM
- Revogi Smart Color Bluetooth LED Bulb: $34.99
- 1:20 PM
- My Love/Hate Relationship with Apple’s Handoff and Continuity
- 1:17 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2015-01-28: AAPL Q1 2015 Earnings, YouTube Dumps Flash
- 11:01 AM
- How to Restore Missing iPhoto Image Thumbnails
- 9:18 AM
- YouTube Puts Another Nail in Flash’s Coffin with HTML5 on the Desktop
- Tue,7:52 PM
- Apple Blocks Flash on the Mac Following Major Security Exploit
- 7:46 PM
- Apple Ups the Secrecy with Wall Street
- 5:25 PM
- Apple Pay Dominates Mobile Payment Platforms, Coming to Vending Machines [Updated]
- 5:15 PM
- Tim Cook Says Apple Watch Will Ship in April
- 5:11 PM
- Apple iOS Device Sales Top 1 Billion Units
- 4:35 PM
- Apple Smashes Expectations with $74.6 Billion December Quarter [Update]