GroupSmarts Helps Create Digital Memories with Introduction of MemoryMiner
TMO at Macworld - GroupSmarts Helps Create Digital Memories with Introduction of MemoryMiner
by , 11:15 AM EST, January 11th, 2006
SAN FRANCISCO -- At this week's Macworld Expo, GroupSmarts unveiled MemoryMiner, a new Mac application that enables users to link pictures, audio, video and other media to create meaningful and compelling digital stories. CEO John Fox took some time to give us a quick demonstration of what looks to be a unique way to tell digital stories.
You start using MemoryMiner by importing your photos. You can synchronize your photos with iPhoto, or import from another source. Once you complete that step, you then need to identify the subjects in the photos. They individuals in the photos can be linked to your Mac Address Book, and MemoryMiner can even update their personal icon.
You then apply a time/date stamp to the photo (which is automatic if taken from a digital source) and the location where the photo was taken. You can also attach audio, video, documents and URLs to a photo. Once you've performed these initial steps, the fun begins.
You can now create storyboards, documentaries, slideshows and scrapbooks that link people, places and time periods. These presentations become powerful tools of exploration and rediscovery of one's personal history. Visual search filters can locate photos of individuals, groups of people and locations, while allowing for the grouping and identification of specific life periods and events.
Finally, projection maps can be downloaded to plot and track the location of an individual at any given time in his or her personal history. Markers can then be plotted on the projection map, enabling users to explore the intersections of peoples' lives across the globe.
MemoryMiner is available immediately for download at www.memoryminer.com; it will function for 15 days before requiring an activation key. Pricing is normally US$60, but it is now being offered at a special introductory price of $45.
- Mon,10:49 PM
- Apple’s World Gallery Highlights iPhone 6 Photographs
- 10:30 PM
- Samsung Innovation: Samsung Pay and an iPhone 6 Lookalike
- 7:33 PM
- Dragon Dictate for Mac 4: $99.99
- 7:16 PM
- TMO Quick Tip: Use Tab to Quick Search Apple.com
- 3:10 PM
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.3 Beta goes Public with Photos App
- 1:25 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2015-03-02: Samsung’s New iPhone Copy, More Apple Car Evidence
- 11:01 AM
- Morgan Stanley Says AAPL’s Market will Grow to $3.4 Trillion
- 10:11 AM
- Apple Adds Cars to its Business in Switzerland
- 9:12 AM
- Apple Builds Mystery Room for Apple Watch Media Event
- Sun,7:18 PM
- MGG 542: Stick This In Your Drive & Partition It
- Sat,10:30 AM
- IiPhoneography 101: Tripods for Your iPhone
- Fri,8:54 PM
- Apple Death Knell #68: Apple’s Stock Will Collapse Because iPhone Is Too Important