Macworld Magazine Reveals Macworld Best of Show Awards
TMO at Macworld - Macworld Magazine Reveals Macworld Best of Show Awards
by , 4:25 PM EST, January 12th, 2006
SAN FRANCISCO -- Macworld magazine on Thursday revealed its Macworld Best of Show Awards, which were announced on the show floor by online editor Jim Dalrymple. Fourteen products were honored, with Apple's MacBook Pro and iLife '06, as well as Adobe's Lightroom, leading off the list.
"This new laptop should improve on the PowerBook's performance -- Apple says it will deliver up to four times the performance of its PowerPC-based laptops -- without sacrificing any of aesthetic quality," Macworld's editors said of the new MacBook Pro. Addressing Lightroom, which is seen by many as a competitor to Apple's recently released Aperture, they noted: "As competition is something that's been sorely lacking in the professional photo-editing market lately, this clash of the titans can only mean good news for digital photographers."
Other products honored include ATO's iSee 360i, Elgato's EyeTV 2, Extensis' Suitcase Fusion, Google's Google Earth, GroupSmarts' MemoryMiner, JBL's JBL On Time, Light Craft's LightZone 1.0, Marware's Project X, Micromat's Techtool Protege, Smile On My Mac's Browseback, and Startley Technologies' Docktopus.
- Wed,3:30 PM
- How to Upgrade Your Mac to Python 3
- 3:09 PM
- 8 UI Kits For iOS 8: $24.99
- 1:27 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-07-23
- 10:52 AM
- OS X Yosemite Public Beta Coming July 24
- 9:40 AM
- Wells Fargo: AAPL Q3 was Meh, but the Future Looks Bright
- 8:45 AM
- iPhoto: A Shortcut to Help Fix Red-Eye
- Tue,8:30 PM
- Class-Action Suit Against Apple for Alleged Labor Violations
- 8:04 PM
- Apple Buys 29 Companies (plus Beats) in 21 months, 5 Since March
- 6:40 PM
- Apple’s Tim Cook Says iPad Sales Behind IBM Partnership
- 6:20 PM
- Apple: iTunes is the Fastest Growing Part of Our Business
- 5:23 PM
- Apple to Shareholders: You get 47 Cents!
- 4:35 PM
- Apple Posts Record June Quarter and 20% EPS Growth [Update]