Macworld Magazine Reveals Macworld Best of Show Awards
TMO at Macworld - Macworld Magazine Reveals Macworld Best of Show Awards
by , 4:25 PM EST, January 12th, 2006
SAN FRANCISCO -- Macworld magazine on Thursday revealed its Macworld Best of Show Awards, which were announced on the show floor by online editor Jim Dalrymple. Fourteen products were honored, with Apple's MacBook Pro and iLife '06, as well as Adobe's Lightroom, leading off the list.
"This new laptop should improve on the PowerBook's performance -- Apple says it will deliver up to four times the performance of its PowerPC-based laptops -- without sacrificing any of aesthetic quality," Macworld's editors said of the new MacBook Pro. Addressing Lightroom, which is seen by many as a competitor to Apple's recently released Aperture, they noted: "As competition is something that's been sorely lacking in the professional photo-editing market lately, this clash of the titans can only mean good news for digital photographers."
Other products honored include ATO's iSee 360i, Elgato's EyeTV 2, Extensis' Suitcase Fusion, Google's Google Earth, GroupSmarts' MemoryMiner, JBL's JBL On Time, Light Craft's LightZone 1.0, Marware's Project X, Micromat's Techtool Protege, Smile On My Mac's Browseback, and Startley Technologies' Docktopus.
- Mon,10:46 AM
- SNL Takes on Serial with a Holiday Flair
- 10:07 AM
- Apple Rolls Out OS X Yosemite 10.10.2 Public Beta
- 9:03 AM
- Rumor Claims 12-inch iPad Production Coming in Early 2015
- Sun,8:14 PM
- MGG 532: Blowin’ Up The Spammers!
- 7:45 PM
- Get Free Bitcoins with 52 Website Faucets that Really Pay [Update]
- Fri,5:31 PM
- Google, Samsung can’t Top Apple’s Unreleased Apple Watch
- 5:10 PM
- Report: Apple Pay is Disrupting and Transforming Mobile Payments
- 4:04 PM
- Apple Raises Prices in Russian App Store Amidst Ruble Meltdown
- 3:55 PM
- The Unexpected Ways Apple Watch Will Crush the Competition
- 2:29 PM
- 6-Ft MFi-Certified iOS Lightning and micro USB Convertible Charging Cable: $21
- 1:41 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-12-19
- 11:02 AM
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Calls BS on BBC iPhone Factory Film