TMO at Macworld - Netopia Adding Skype Integration to Timbuktu
by , 5:55 PM EST, January 12th, 2006
SAN FRANCISCO -- At this week's Macworld Expo, Netopia announced that Timbuktu, their remote control and collaboration software, will add Skype integration. This functionality will be introduced in Timbuktu 8.6, slated to be released in February 2006. Richard Baker, Product Manager, gave us details of the upcoming version.
The Skype integration will allow Timbuktu users to speak to one another over a live voice-over-IP connection. By talking to users in real time, network administrators and technical support staff will have increased visibility into users' issues and can offer quicker troubleshooting and problem resolution.
Skype integration will also add a sound component to distance learning, another popular application for Timbuktu. The new version will also allow audio-only connections to users using a Skype client without Timbuktu.
The upgrade will be free to users of any version 8 product.
- Tue,12:36 AM
- ‘Stickers’ Apple Commercial Highlights User Love for MacBook Air
- Mon,8:57 PM
- Apple Fixes MacBook Air (Mid 2011) Sleep Issue with Firmware Update
- 8:44 PM
- Apple Reportedly Orders 70-80 Million Large Screen iPhones for Q4
- 7:47 PM
- Five Third Party Extensions Announced for iOS 8
- 5:21 PM
- The Beginner Web Dev Hacker Bundle: $69
- 4:30 PM
- OS X: The Best Ways to Share a Web Page (via Email) in Safari
- 2:00 PM
- Jot Touch with Pixelpoint: Like Adobe’s Ink Stylus, but More Buttons
- 1:24 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-07-21
- 12:35 PM
- Voyager Q Conveniently Docks Your Extra SATA Drives
- 11:30 AM
- Zachs Rates AAPL Neutral on Potential iPhone Competition
- 10:16 AM
- Apple Faces Patent Infringement Lawsuit over iPhone 5 Speech Recognition
- 9:01 AM
- Apple’s 2014 London iTunes Festival to Include Maroon 5, Pharrell Williams