TMO at Macworld - Netopia Adding Skype Integration to Timbuktu
by , 5:55 PM EST, January 12th, 2006
SAN FRANCISCO -- At this week's Macworld Expo, Netopia announced that Timbuktu, their remote control and collaboration software, will add Skype integration. This functionality will be introduced in Timbuktu 8.6, slated to be released in February 2006. Richard Baker, Product Manager, gave us details of the upcoming version.
The Skype integration will allow Timbuktu users to speak to one another over a live voice-over-IP connection. By talking to users in real time, network administrators and technical support staff will have increased visibility into users' issues and can offer quicker troubleshooting and problem resolution.
Skype integration will also add a sound component to distance learning, another popular application for Timbuktu. The new version will also allow audio-only connections to users using a Skype client without Timbuktu.
The upgrade will be free to users of any version 8 product.
- Thu,8:09 PM
- BBC Films ‘Apple’s Broken Promises’ for Worker Conditions in Pegatron iPhone Factory
- 6:20 PM
- Save 96% on The World’s Largest iOS 8 + Swift eLearning Bootcamp
- 5:30 PM
- Apple Job Posting Suggests Worldwide Expansion of Apple Pay
- 2:07 PM
- The Story Behind Apple’s ‘The Song’ Commercial (Video)
- 1:43 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-12-18
- 11:29 AM
- iOS 8 Mail: Customizing Swipe Gestures
- 9:08 AM
- Apple Raises $20M in 2014 Product (RED) Campaign
- Wed,5:50 PM
- Hit List 2.0 Task Manager Checks Off Syncing, iPhone 6 Interface
- 5:44 PM
- ACM 285: Apple’s iPod Lawsuit Victory and Tag Heuer’s Smart Watch Plans
- 5:20 PM
- STM Harbour iPhone 6 Case is Colorful, Lightweight and Inexpensive
- 5:16 PM
- Register for TMO’s Apple Watch Giveaway
- 4:15 PM
- Apple Pay: a List of Brick-and-Mortar Stores That Accept it