TMO at Macworld - Netopia Adding Skype Integration to Timbuktu
by , 5:55 PM EST, January 12th, 2006
SAN FRANCISCO -- At this week's Macworld Expo, Netopia announced that Timbuktu, their remote control and collaboration software, will add Skype integration. This functionality will be introduced in Timbuktu 8.6, slated to be released in February 2006. Richard Baker, Product Manager, gave us details of the upcoming version.
The Skype integration will allow Timbuktu users to speak to one another over a live voice-over-IP connection. By talking to users in real time, network administrators and technical support staff will have increased visibility into users' issues and can offer quicker troubleshooting and problem resolution.
Skype integration will also add a sound component to distance learning, another popular application for Timbuktu. The new version will also allow audio-only connections to users using a Skype client without Timbuktu.
The upgrade will be free to users of any version 8 product.
- Wed,3:10 PM
- How to Deauthorize All Devices in iTunes 12
- Sat,10:30 AM
- How to Decide Between a Smartswitch and a Timer for Your Smarthome
- Fri,6:47 PM
- 1987 Apple Promo Video Hints at Hubris of the 1990s
- 3:29 PM
- Blur Premium Privacy Protection Lifetime Subscription: $49.99
- 2:55 PM
- Apple May Finally Be Ready to Reinvigorate the iPad
- 2:39 PM
- Google Study Finds ‘Security Questions’ Next to Useless
- 1:08 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2015-05-22: Fingerprints to Google and Apple Watch Heartrate Monitoring
- 11:16 AM
- Apple Watch OS Update Reduces Background Heart Rate Monitoring Frequency
- 10:10 AM
- Apple’s App Store Needs Cold Storage
- 8:30 AM
- Apple Watch: Three Tips on Contacting Your Pals
- Thu,5:44 PM
- Promotional Apple II Video with Steve Jobs, Steve Wozniak, Byte Shop
- 4:47 PM
- Google Reportedly Plans to Fingerprint ID to Android M