TMO at Macworld - Netopia Adding Skype Integration to Timbuktu
by , 5:55 PM EST, January 12th, 2006
SAN FRANCISCO -- At this week's Macworld Expo, Netopia announced that Timbuktu, their remote control and collaboration software, will add Skype integration. This functionality will be introduced in Timbuktu 8.6, slated to be released in February 2006. Richard Baker, Product Manager, gave us details of the upcoming version.
The Skype integration will allow Timbuktu users to speak to one another over a live voice-over-IP connection. By talking to users in real time, network administrators and technical support staff will have increased visibility into users' issues and can offer quicker troubleshooting and problem resolution.
Skype integration will also add a sound component to distance learning, another popular application for Timbuktu. The new version will also allow audio-only connections to users using a Skype client without Timbuktu.
The upgrade will be free to users of any version 8 product.
- Fri,9:21 PM
- Two Free iOS Writing and Note Apps
- 9:11 PM
- Week of Who, Day Five: Curse of Fatal Death
- 5:10 PM
- Why Everything Gets Better With Apple, Worse for Others
- 4:40 PM
- Bill Gates’s ALS Ice Bucket Challenge Video
- 4:07 PM
- Coin Credit Card Launches Beta, Pushes Final Release to Spring 2015
- 3:08 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-08-22
- 1:37 PM
- Win a Canon EOS Rebel T3 DSLR in the Rebel Photographer Giveaway
- 10:44 AM
- Apple Releases OS Yosemite Public Beta 2, iTunes 12 Beta
- 10:27 AM
- Report Claims Apple Scrambling After Last Minute iPhone 6 Screen Redesign
- 9:32 AM
- Apple Adds Humana, UnitedHealth to HealthKit Discussions
- 8:45 AM
- OS X Finder: Customize Your Desktop
- Thu,8:02 PM
- Week of Who, Day Four: Inspector Spacetime