Softchaos Shows Webstractor with New Radar Capability
TMO at Macworld - Softchaos Shows Webstractor with New Radar Capability
by , 10:20 AM EST, January 12th, 2006
SAN FRANCISCO -- Softchaos, maker of the web content capturing and processing application Webstractor, was showing the new radar feature added to the software during this week's Macworld Expo show. Reza Farhad, CEO, took some time to walk The Mac Observer through the product and highlight some of the major features.
Webstractor acts as a personal librarian and archivist, watching as you use the built-in browser and keeping track of all the Web sites you have visited. It saves the content of each Web page for future access, and it maintains a history of all the sites you visited in a session.
Where Webstractor really shines is that after you are done surfing, you can then use its editing tools to remove and rearrange content, allowing you to focus on your task. Of particular note is an attribution feature, so you can give credit to the sources of your information. When you are done editing, you can then publish your work as a PDF document that anyone can use.
New in version 1.5 is a radar function, which can monitor and update web pages for keywords, and update the captured version of the page when an update occurs. Webstractor retails for US$79, with a special show price of US$69.
- Fri,5:31 PM
- Google, Samsung can’t Top Apple’s Unreleased Apple Watch
- 5:10 PM
- Report: Apple Pay is Disrupting and Transforming Mobile Payments
- 4:04 PM
- Apple Raises Prices in Russian App Store Amidst Ruble Meltdown
- 3:55 PM
- The Unexpected Ways Apple Watch Will Crush the Competition
- 2:29 PM
- 6-Ft MFi-Certified iOS Lightning and micro USB Convertible Charging Cable: $21
- 1:41 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-12-19
- 11:02 AM
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Calls BS on BBC iPhone Factory Film
- 9:11 AM
- McDonald’s Supersizes Sales with Apple’s iBeacon Tech
- Thu,8:09 PM
- BBC Films ‘Apple’s Broken Promises’ for Worker Conditions in Pegatron iPhone Factory
- 6:20 PM
- Save 96% on The World’s Largest iOS 8 + Swift eLearning Bootcamp
- 5:30 PM
- Apple Pay Expansion Worldwide Will Have Vast Repercussions
- 2:07 PM
- The Story Behind Apple’s ‘The Song’ Commercial (Video)