TMO at Macworld - IMSI Returns to Mac Market with Updated TurboCAD Products
by , 1:30 PM EST, January 13th, 2006
SAN FRANCISCO -- IMSI may have taken some by surprise by appearing at this week's Macworld Expo, since the company abandoned the Mac market in the late 90s, but the company is back, and showing updated versions of their TurboCAD and TurboCAD 3D products. We spent a few moments with Bob Mayer, Executive VP, to learn about the products.
After a long absence from the Mac market, IMSI reintroduced TurboCAD Macintosh, their 2D product, in June of 2005. At the price point of US$99, just about anyone can get involved in drafting and design, with over 275 design tools and 8,000 symbols at their disposal. The product can import 15 file formats, and export to 11 file formats, making it easy to interact with other programs.
A few months later, they released TurboCAD 3D Macintosh, which build on the functionality of the 2D product, and includes a comprehensive set of surface and solid modeling and editing tools, making creation of complex shapes a snap. This version sports a 11,000 + 2D/3D part library. It is priced at US$495, far below many other 3D modeling tools.
Free trials of both products are available via the IMSI web site.
- Mon,3:15 PM
- BBEdit on Your Mac: Trick Text Files into HTML Syntax Coloring
- 2:33 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-11-24
- 11:24 AM
- FCC Chairman on Net Neutrality Rules: We’re Going to get Sued
- 9:30 AM
- Sponsor: MacX DVD Ripper Pro Giveaway
- 9:12 AM
- Apple Launches Apps for (RED) Campaign for World AIDS Day
- Sat,10:30 AM
- iPhoneography 101: Essential iPhone Camera Apps
- Fri,6:57 PM
- Apple Makes ‘Things for iPad’ Free for a Week
- 6:47 PM
- Judge Approves Apple iBooks $450 Million Antitrust Settlement
- 5:54 PM
- 100 AA and 52 AAA Duracell Batteries for $59.99 [Extended]
- 5:18 PM
- Use a PDF to See How Big Apple Watches Really Are
- 4:45 PM
- Why Every Estimate for Apple Watch Sales in 2015 is Completely Wrong
- 4:30 PM
- ‘Kingdom Rush Origins’ Tower Defender Released for iPhone and iPad