TMO at Macworld - IMSI Returns to Mac Market with Updated TurboCAD Products
by , 1:30 PM EST, January 13th, 2006
SAN FRANCISCO -- IMSI may have taken some by surprise by appearing at this week's Macworld Expo, since the company abandoned the Mac market in the late 90s, but the company is back, and showing updated versions of their TurboCAD and TurboCAD 3D products. We spent a few moments with Bob Mayer, Executive VP, to learn about the products.
After a long absence from the Mac market, IMSI reintroduced TurboCAD Macintosh, their 2D product, in June of 2005. At the price point of US$99, just about anyone can get involved in drafting and design, with over 275 design tools and 8,000 symbols at their disposal. The product can import 15 file formats, and export to 11 file formats, making it easy to interact with other programs.
A few months later, they released TurboCAD 3D Macintosh, which build on the functionality of the 2D product, and includes a comprehensive set of surface and solid modeling and editing tools, making creation of complex shapes a snap. This version sports a 11,000 + 2D/3D part library. It is priced at US$495, far below many other 3D modeling tools.
Free trials of both products are available via the IMSI web site.
- Fri,9:44 PM
- Sony and Samsung Both Offered to Pay James Bond to Use Their Phones
- 6:39 PM
- XTC In-Ear Genuine Wood Headphones: $23.99
- 6:30 PM
- Four Things To Get You Started With Apple Watch
- 3:55 PM
- Apple’s iPhone 7 Will Make Current iPhones Obsolete
- 1:50 PM
- Apple Offers Online Personal Setup Assistance for Apple Watch
- 1:22 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2015-04-24: Getting Inside Apple Watch
- 11:24 AM
- iFixit Apple Watch Tear Down Kills Hopes of Upgrades
- 10:09 AM
- Apple Watch App Store Open for Business with 3,000 Apps
- 8:50 AM
- Photos on the Mac: Comparing Edited Images to Originals
- Thu,7:53 PM
- Visual Primer for Navigating Apple Watch
- 6:40 PM
- Comcast Reportedly Dropping Plans to Buy Time Warner Cable
- 6:07 PM
- ZeroLemon SolarJuice 20000mAh Battery: $49.99