TMO at Macworld - iDo: A Macworld Expo Wedding
by , 5:30 PM EST, January 14th, 2006
SAN FRANCISCO -- Macworld Expo is always filled with excitement as new products are introduced, the top Mac experts share their knowledge, and friends spend time together at the after-hours parties, but this year brought us a once in a lifetime event with the marriage of The Graphic Reporter's Lesa Snider and Your Mac Life's Shawn King. The wedding took place at The Great American Music Hall on the evening of January 12.
Like any special event, the people involved work together to create something that is greater than the sum of its parts, and Thursday night was no exception. Chris Breen, Macworld and Playlist Senior Editor, provided the wedding music, David Pogue, noted author and New York Times columnist, gave the bride away, and The Chicago Sun-Times and TMO columnist, Andy Ihnatko performed the ceremony. Several close friends and industry colleagues also attended the event.
Left to right: Chris Breen (on keyboard), David Pogue, Tyler Anderson, Lesa Snider, Shawn King, Andy Ihnatko
If you are thinking how great it would be to have Mr. Ihnatko officiate at your wedding, think again. He received a special license from the San Francisco City Hall, making him a deputy marriage commissioner in California authorized to perform only one ceremony.
A video of the wedding is available in QuickTime format at the Your Mac Life Web site for those that couldn't attend.
- Mon,12:40 PM
- Three Ways to Protect your Apple Watch (and One Way Not To)
- Fri,7:07 PM
- Apple’s First Scripted Series will Star Dr. Dre
- 7:07 PM
- Adobe Creative Cloud Bug Deletes Files Without Permission
- 6:00 PM
- AT&T Says it’s 5G Network will be 100x Faster than LTE
- 5:01 PM
- My Classic Hard Disks Are Spinning Right into the Graveyard
- 4:54 PM
- Bumprz 2: Minimalist Protection for iPhone on Kickstarter
- 4:51 PM
- MGG 592: Taming Wi-Fi Chaos
- 1:45 PM
- OK Go’s Parabolic Flight Video for ‘Upside Down & Inside Out’
- 1:35 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-02-12: 5G Wireless Speed Tests, Apple’s Growing Patent Infringement Mess
- 1:31 PM
- Xtra Drive Lightning Flash Drive with 16GB Micro SD Card: $71.99
- 12:55 PM
- How to Fix the ‘You Are Not Signed into Apple Music’ Error
- 10:38 AM
- Immersion Sues Apple, AT&T Over Haptic Feedback Patents