MacBook Pro Ships
MacBook Pro Ships
by , 8:35 AM EST, February 14th, 2006
Apple began shipping the new Intel-based MacBook Pro on Tuesday morning. Two 15-inch models are available: a 1.83GHz for US$1,999, and a 2GHz model for $2,499, both using the Intel Core Duo processor. The 1.83GHz model will start shipping next week, and the 2GHz model is shipping this week. People that ordered a MacBook Pro early should start seeing deliveries in the next few days.
Apple has also added a new build-to-order 2.16GHz Core Duo processor option for 2GHz model for an additional $300.
Philip Schiller, Apple's senior vice president of Worldwide Product Marketing, commented "The new MacBook Pro includes even faster Intel Core Duo processors than originally announced, up to 2.16 GHz, and we think customers are going to love them."
Upgrade a 2GHz MacBook Pro to 2.16GHz for $300.
The MacBook Pro replaces the PowerPC-based PowerBook G4. New orders are showing a 3-4 week ship time.
- Mon,12:40 PM
- Three Ways to Protect your Apple Watch (and One Way Not To)
- Fri,7:07 PM
- Apple’s First Scripted Series will Star Dr. Dre
- 7:07 PM
- Adobe Creative Cloud Bug Deletes Files Without Permission
- 6:00 PM
- AT&T Says it’s 5G Network will be 100x Faster than LTE
- 5:01 PM
- My Classic Hard Disks Are Spinning Right into the Graveyard
- 4:54 PM
- Bumprz 2: Minimalist Protection for iPhone on Kickstarter
- 4:51 PM
- MGG 592: Taming Wi-Fi Chaos
- 1:45 PM
- OK Go’s Parabolic Flight Video for ‘Upside Down & Inside Out’
- 1:35 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-02-12: 5G Wireless Speed Tests, Apple’s Growing Patent Infringement Mess
- 1:31 PM
- Xtra Drive Lightning Flash Drive with 16GB Micro SD Card: $71.99
- 12:55 PM
- How to Fix the ‘You Are Not Signed into Apple Music’ Error
- 10:38 AM
- Immersion Sues Apple, AT&T Over Haptic Feedback Patents