MacBook Pro Ships
MacBook Pro Ships
by , 8:35 AM EST, February 14th, 2006
Apple began shipping the new Intel-based MacBook Pro on Tuesday morning. Two 15-inch models are available: a 1.83GHz for US$1,999, and a 2GHz model for $2,499, both using the Intel Core Duo processor. The 1.83GHz model will start shipping next week, and the 2GHz model is shipping this week. People that ordered a MacBook Pro early should start seeing deliveries in the next few days.
Apple has also added a new build-to-order 2.16GHz Core Duo processor option for 2GHz model for an additional $300.
Philip Schiller, Apple's senior vice president of Worldwide Product Marketing, commented "The new MacBook Pro includes even faster Intel Core Duo processors than originally announced, up to 2.16 GHz, and we think customers are going to love them."
Upgrade a 2GHz MacBook Pro to 2.16GHz for $300.
The MacBook Pro replaces the PowerPC-based PowerBook G4. New orders are showing a 3-4 week ship time.
- Tue,10:50 AM
- How to Enable Apple’s SMS Relay on your Mac or iPad
- 9:43 AM
- Apple Earnings Smackdown Ranks Analyst Predictions
- Mon,9:52 PM
- Apple Q4 Earnings Sliced And Diced
- 8:21 PM
- Apple Q4 MacBook Sales Hit Record Breaking Numbers, Jump 25 Percent
- 7:45 PM
- Here’s What Apple Wants to Achieve With Apple Pay
- 7:33 PM
- How Apple’s Tim Cook Explained Away Poor iPad Sales
- 6:31 PM
- Apple Store App Update Adds Apple Pay Support
- 5:59 PM
- China Holds Huge Potential for Apple with First Time iPhone Buyers
- 5:16 PM
- Apple Teases Future Plans for Beats
- 5:02 PM
- Apple Posts a Record September Quarter - $42.1 Billion Revenue, $8.5 Billion Earnings
- 4:45 PM
- How-to Set Up and Add Credit Cards to Apple Pay
- 1:32 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-10-20