MacBook Pro Ships
MacBook Pro Ships
by , 8:35 AM EST, February 14th, 2006
Apple began shipping the new Intel-based MacBook Pro on Tuesday morning. Two 15-inch models are available: a 1.83GHz for US$1,999, and a 2GHz model for $2,499, both using the Intel Core Duo processor. The 1.83GHz model will start shipping next week, and the 2GHz model is shipping this week. People that ordered a MacBook Pro early should start seeing deliveries in the next few days.
Apple has also added a new build-to-order 2.16GHz Core Duo processor option for 2GHz model for an additional $300.
Philip Schiller, Apple's senior vice president of Worldwide Product Marketing, commented "The new MacBook Pro includes even faster Intel Core Duo processors than originally announced, up to 2.16 GHz, and we think customers are going to love them."
Upgrade a 2GHz MacBook Pro to 2.16GHz for $300.
The MacBook Pro replaces the PowerPC-based PowerBook G4. New orders are showing a 3-4 week ship time.
- Tue,5:10 PM
- Apple Enables iCloud 2-Factor Verification, How to Set it Up
- 3:44 PM
- NES30 Bluetooth Controller Looks and Feels Like The Original: $29.99
- 3:30 PM
- 5 Reasons Apple Pay Will Succeed Brilliantly
- 3:14 PM
- Hands on Video of iPhone 6 Plus Demonstrates Landscape Mode
- 2:58 PM
- Hands On iPhone 6 Video Hits YouTube Ahead of Official Release
- 2:29 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-09-16
- 11:55 AM
- Apple Pay Sparks Banks to Fight Over Consumer’s Default Credit Card Choice
- 11:16 AM
- Analyst: China iPhone 6 Delay is No Big Deal
- 10:07 AM
- Connecticut AG Questions Apple Watch Privacy
- 9:11 AM
- Apple: iPhone 6 NFC Just for Apple Pay
- Mon,8:29 PM
- Apple CEO Tim Cook on Privacy: Follow the Money
- 6:38 PM
- Amazon Offers 16GB iPad Air for $427