MacBook Pro Ships
MacBook Pro Ships
by , 8:35 AM EST, February 14th, 2006
Apple began shipping the new Intel-based MacBook Pro on Tuesday morning. Two 15-inch models are available: a 1.83GHz for US$1,999, and a 2GHz model for $2,499, both using the Intel Core Duo processor. The 1.83GHz model will start shipping next week, and the 2GHz model is shipping this week. People that ordered a MacBook Pro early should start seeing deliveries in the next few days.
Apple has also added a new build-to-order 2.16GHz Core Duo processor option for 2GHz model for an additional $300.
Philip Schiller, Apple's senior vice president of Worldwide Product Marketing, commented "The new MacBook Pro includes even faster Intel Core Duo processors than originally announced, up to 2.16 GHz, and we think customers are going to love them."
Upgrade a 2GHz MacBook Pro to 2.16GHz for $300.
The MacBook Pro replaces the PowerPC-based PowerBook G4. New orders are showing a 3-4 week ship time.
- Fri,6:00 PM
- How Apple Succeeds in an Amazon World
- 5:37 PM
- DocumentSnap’s Paperless Security Guide
- 5:32 PM
- Ultra-Durable Wired Headset with Lifetime Warranty for $16.99
- 5:25 PM
- Adobe Says Apple Dominates ‘TV Everywhere’ Viewing
- 3:10 PM
- Limited-Edition ‘Code Black’ HD-Camera Drone: $69
- 1:48 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2015-09-03: Cleaning Up Apple Music, Listeners Comments on Apple TV Shows
- 11:52 AM
- Analyst: “Hey Siri” Media Event no Game Changer for AAPL
- 10:19 AM
- Runtastic goes Analog with Moment Fitness Tracker Watch
- 9:07 AM
- iOS 9 Beta: Sharing and Saving Voicemails
- Thu,10:05 PM
- Joy of Tech Comic Nails the Difference Between Cable Providers and Customers on Apple TV
- 6:15 PM
- Patriot Ready With a USB-C Flash Drive for Apple’s MacBook
- 5:20 PM
- Apple Committed to ‘Cleaning Up’ Apple Music