MacBook Pro Ships
MacBook Pro Ships
by , 8:35 AM EST, February 14th, 2006
Apple began shipping the new Intel-based MacBook Pro on Tuesday morning. Two 15-inch models are available: a 1.83GHz for US$1,999, and a 2GHz model for $2,499, both using the Intel Core Duo processor. The 1.83GHz model will start shipping next week, and the 2GHz model is shipping this week. People that ordered a MacBook Pro early should start seeing deliveries in the next few days.
Apple has also added a new build-to-order 2.16GHz Core Duo processor option for 2GHz model for an additional $300.
Philip Schiller, Apple's senior vice president of Worldwide Product Marketing, commented "The new MacBook Pro includes even faster Intel Core Duo processors than originally announced, up to 2.16 GHz, and we think customers are going to love them."
Upgrade a 2GHz MacBook Pro to 2.16GHz for $300.
The MacBook Pro replaces the PowerPC-based PowerBook G4. New orders are showing a 3-4 week ship time.
- Mon,12:40 PM
- Three Ways to Protect your Apple Watch (and One Way Not To)
- Fri,1:13 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-05-06: Apple’s Online Retail Experience, Listener Comments
- 10:33 AM
- Apple Music gets 50% Student Discount
- 9:15 AM
- OS X: Figuring Out Forgotten Passwords
- Thu,6:24 PM
- Apple Watch iMessage Canned Responses Are Automatically Multilingual
- 5:50 PM
- How to Save Money on Subscriptions to Netflix, Pandora, and Other Services
- 5:18 PM
- AluPen Digital Fine-Point Stylus: $34.95
- 1:44 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-05-05: Dave’s iPhone SE Surprise, LAPD iPhone Hack
- 10:42 AM
- LAPD iPhone Hack isn’t as Big a Deal as You Think
- 8:29 AM
- How To Record a Video of Your iPhone’s Screen
- Wed,8:45 PM
- Why I’m not Buying an Apple Smoke Detector
- 5:25 PM
- ACM 358: The Devil’s Advocate, Apple Scaling, and Tim Cook’s Speeches