MacBook Pro Ships
MacBook Pro Ships
by , 8:35 AM EST, February 14th, 2006
Apple began shipping the new Intel-based MacBook Pro on Tuesday morning. Two 15-inch models are available: a 1.83GHz for US$1,999, and a 2GHz model for $2,499, both using the Intel Core Duo processor. The 1.83GHz model will start shipping next week, and the 2GHz model is shipping this week. People that ordered a MacBook Pro early should start seeing deliveries in the next few days.
Apple has also added a new build-to-order 2.16GHz Core Duo processor option for 2GHz model for an additional $300.
Philip Schiller, Apple's senior vice president of Worldwide Product Marketing, commented "The new MacBook Pro includes even faster Intel Core Duo processors than originally announced, up to 2.16 GHz, and we think customers are going to love them."
Upgrade a 2GHz MacBook Pro to 2.16GHz for $300.
The MacBook Pro replaces the PowerPC-based PowerBook G4. New orders are showing a 3-4 week ship time.
- Fri,9:44 AM
- Apple Blocks Flash Player 126.96.36.199 Over Security Issues
- 9:00 AM
- iOS 8: Using “Send Last Location”
- Thu,8:05 PM
- SwiftKey Adds Languages in iOS Without App Store Updates
- 7:53 PM
- Apple Reportedly Plans Cheaper Beats Music in iOS in 2015
- 6:54 PM
- Apple Offers Current and Past National Book Award Winners Starting at $4.99
- 6:25 PM
- Apple Changes App Store ‘Free’ Button to ‘Get’
- 5:30 PM
- Create Holiday and NFL Calendar Subscriptions in OS X and iOS 8
- 5:05 PM
- Doxie Go Portable Scanner: $139
- 3:14 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-11-20
- 11:14 AM
- Goodbye iTunes, WALTR Uploads any Media File to your iPhone and iPad
- 9:34 AM
- Apple: GTAT Couldn’t Make Usable Sapphire, Mismanaged Production
- Wed,10:46 PM
- DOJ Warns Apple that iOS Encryption Could Kill Children