MacBook Pro Ships
MacBook Pro Ships
by , 8:35 AM EST, February 14th, 2006
Apple began shipping the new Intel-based MacBook Pro on Tuesday morning. Two 15-inch models are available: a 1.83GHz for US$1,999, and a 2GHz model for $2,499, both using the Intel Core Duo processor. The 1.83GHz model will start shipping next week, and the 2GHz model is shipping this week. People that ordered a MacBook Pro early should start seeing deliveries in the next few days.
Apple has also added a new build-to-order 2.16GHz Core Duo processor option for 2GHz model for an additional $300.
Philip Schiller, Apple's senior vice president of Worldwide Product Marketing, commented "The new MacBook Pro includes even faster Intel Core Duo processors than originally announced, up to 2.16 GHz, and we think customers are going to love them."
Upgrade a 2GHz MacBook Pro to 2.16GHz for $300.
The MacBook Pro replaces the PowerPC-based PowerBook G4. New orders are showing a 3-4 week ship time.
- Mon,6:42 PM
- How to Create and Use Network Locations for Mac
- 6:09 PM
- Some Apple Watch Orders ‘Preparing for Shipment’
- 5:58 PM
- Announcing TMO’s New Product Scoring System
- 4:49 PM
- Microsoft Office Mastery Bundle: $49
- 4:31 PM
- How Bob Levitus Learned to Blow Stuff Up Without Risking Life and Limb
- 4:05 PM
- FitPort for iOS: A Beautifully Designed Fitness Monitoring App
- 2:42 PM
- Twitter’s New ‘DM Everyone’ Sucks, But it’s Off by Default
- 1:14 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2015-04-20: Apple Watch Inventory Theories, Playing the Innovation Game
- 10:50 AM
- Apple Uses Earth Day to Highlight China Solar Farm, More
- 9:51 AM
- Analyst: Apple Watch Pre-orders are Build to Order
- 8:56 AM
- Apple WWDC Ticket Lottery Sales Wrap Up Today
- Sun,12:05 PM
- MGG 549: Cool Stuff Found