Feral Launches Mini-Site for The Movies Game
Mac Gaming News - Feral Launches Mini-Site for The Movies Game
by , 2:45 PM EDT, June 9th, 2006
Feral Interactive on Friday launched a mini site for its upcoming game The Movies, featuring a plethora of downloadable content, including a walkthrough video recorded by creator Peter Molyneux. The game features two modes of play: Sandbox, in which players simply make movies; and Story, where players strive to build a successful film studio.
Players can make a wide range of movies, from romantic comedies to science-fiction epics, striving to turn unknowns into movie stars and taking control of every aspect of production, from writing scripts to editing the final result. Since sharing movies with others over the Internet requires using the WMV format, Feral will bundle the utility Flip4Mac to enable Mac users to make the conversion within The Movies.
The Mac version of The Movies will also offer integration with iTunes, GarageBand, and iMovie, enabling the use of tracks from those applications within the game. Sharing movies with copyrighted music in them over the Internet is forbidden, however.
MacGameFiles is hosting an exclusive trailer for the game.
Feral's Web site also features a variety of other video guides about the game, as well as screenshots and other information. The Movies will cost US$49.95 when it ships. The game is a Universal Binary that will require Mac OS X v10.3, a 1GHz processor, 256MB RAM, 32MB Video RAM, 3GB free hard drive space, and a DVD drive. Mac OS X v10.4, a 1.4GHz processor, 512MB RAM, and 64MB Video RAM are recommended.
- Wed,3:10 PM
- How to Deauthorize All Devices in iTunes 12
- Sat,10:30 AM
- How to Decide Between a Smartswitch and a Timer for Your Smarthome
- Fri,6:47 PM
- 1987 Apple Promo Video Hints at Hubris of the 1990s
- 3:29 PM
- Blur Premium Privacy Protection Lifetime Subscription: $49.99
- 2:55 PM
- Apple May Finally Be Ready to Reinvigorate the iPad
- 2:39 PM
- Google Study Finds ‘Security Questions’ Next to Useless
- 1:08 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2015-05-22: Fingerprints to Google and Apple Watch Heartrate Monitoring
- 11:16 AM
- Apple Watch OS Update Reduces Background Heart Rate Monitoring Frequency
- 10:10 AM
- Apple’s App Store Needs Cold Storage
- 8:30 AM
- Apple Watch: Three Tips on Contacting Your Pals
- Thu,5:44 PM
- Promotional Apple II Video with Steve Jobs, Steve Wozniak, Byte Shop
- 4:47 PM
- Google Reportedly Plans to Fingerprint ID to Android M