Feral Launches Mini-Site for The Movies Game
Mac Gaming News - Feral Launches Mini-Site for The Movies Game
by , 2:45 PM EDT, June 9th, 2006
Feral Interactive on Friday launched a mini site for its upcoming game The Movies, featuring a plethora of downloadable content, including a walkthrough video recorded by creator Peter Molyneux. The game features two modes of play: Sandbox, in which players simply make movies; and Story, where players strive to build a successful film studio.
Players can make a wide range of movies, from romantic comedies to science-fiction epics, striving to turn unknowns into movie stars and taking control of every aspect of production, from writing scripts to editing the final result. Since sharing movies with others over the Internet requires using the WMV format, Feral will bundle the utility Flip4Mac to enable Mac users to make the conversion within The Movies.
The Mac version of The Movies will also offer integration with iTunes, GarageBand, and iMovie, enabling the use of tracks from those applications within the game. Sharing movies with copyrighted music in them over the Internet is forbidden, however.
MacGameFiles is hosting an exclusive trailer for the game.
Feral's Web site also features a variety of other video guides about the game, as well as screenshots and other information. The Movies will cost US$49.95 when it ships. The game is a Universal Binary that will require Mac OS X v10.3, a 1GHz processor, 256MB RAM, 32MB Video RAM, 3GB free hard drive space, and a DVD drive. Mac OS X v10.4, a 1.4GHz processor, 512MB RAM, and 64MB Video RAM are recommended.
- Fri,6:58 PM
- Pee-Wee Herman Stars in Avengers Trailer
- 6:34 PM
- Trent Reznor on Working for Apple: ‘It’s Everything I Asked For’
- 5:50 PM
- Last Chance for The Complete iOS 8 Course With Swift for $89
- 4:42 PM
- MacTech Conference 2014: Talk to Kelly and Dave!
- 4:30 PM
- Apple Wins the Old-fashioned Way: Outsmart the Competition
- 3:00 PM
- Judge Rules Cops can Force You to Touch ID Unlock your iPhone
- 2:02 PM
- iOS 8: Adding Fitness App Data to the Health App
- 1:16 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-10-31
- 11:25 AM
- How To Clean Up and Rebuild Apple Mail Data [Yosemite Update]
- 9:39 AM
- Judge to Unseal GT Advanced Bankruptcy Filing Documents
- 8:45 AM
- Yosemite: Maximizing Windows & the Green “Stoplight” Button
- Thu,7:17 PM
- Meijer, the CurrenctC/MCX Member Who Refuses to Block Apple Pay