TMO at Macworld - Apple Announces AirPort Extreme with 802.11n
by , 4:15 PM EST, January 9th, 2007
SAN FRANCISCO -- Apple announced a next generation AirPort Extreme base station that includes support for the 802.11n protocol. Up to five times the throughput and twice the range was claimed. The 802.11n standard is based on an IEEE 802.11n draft specification and is compatible with IEEE 802.11a, IEEE 802.11b and IEEE 802.11g.
Apple said, "Using MIMO (Multiple In Multiple Out) smart antennas and 802.11n technology, AirPort Extreme now delivers greater data throughput and extends the reach of wireless connectivity to more areas of the home, business or school. With the ability to operate in either the 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz wireless frequencies, AirPort Extreme also reduces the possibility of interference from appliances and cordless phones that operate in the 2.4 GHz frequency. AirPort Extreme is backward compatible with Macs and PCs using previous generation 802.11b/g wireless technologies."
Apple also pointed out that all Intel Core 2 Duo and Intel Xeon Macs, except the entry 17-inch iMac with 1.83 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, support the 802.11n when updated with 802.11n Enabler software, which ships with the AirPort Extreme Base Station technology.
The new Airport Extreme will be available in February and priced at US$179.00.
- Wed,8:40 PM
- Mark Zuckerberg Wows Chinese Crowd with 30 Minute Interview in Chinese
- 8:06 PM
- How to Use Yosemite’s New Batch-Renaming Feature
- 7:59 PM
- How to Make Calls from Yosemite the Geeky Way
- 7:55 PM
- Continuity Keypad Makes Calling From Yosemite Easier
- 7:51 PM
- The Name Your Own Price Game Design Bundle
- 3:00 PM
- OS X Yosemite: The Quintessential Review
- 1:25 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-10-22
- 10:55 AM
- AT&T Wireless Offers iPad Air 2, mini 3 for $100 off
- 9:55 AM
- Apple Launches Maps Connect, Allows Users To Update Info
- Tue,8:51 PM
- GTAT Announces ‘Amicable Parting’ of Ways with Apple
- 6:50 PM
- How I Came to Own and Sell a TAM Probably Owned by Jony Ive
- 5:01 PM
- Adobe KnowHow: Learn Photography From The Best for $29.99