TMO at Macworld - Axiotron and OWC Unveil ModBook, the First Mac Tablet
by , 9:15 AM EST, January 10th, 2007
SAN FRANCISCO -- Axiotron, Inc. together with its strategic partner and exclusive US Distributor Other World Computing (OWC), on Tuesday unveiled the ModBook, the first ever Mac OS X tablet computer solution. Andreas Haas, President of Axitron and Larry O'Connor, CEO of Other World Computing, hosted a press conference unveiling the device.
Ready to Unveil
The Axiotron ModBook is an after-market hardware modification solution of the Apple MacBook notebook computer, adding true pen input, a new 13.3" wide screen LCD and an optional Global Positioning System in a tough, satin chrome-plated magnesium top shell, while keeping all the powerful features of the MacBook base system. With the award-winning Mac OS X and its built-in Inkwell handwriting recognition, up to 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processors, the integrated iSight camera and the CD/DVD combo drive, the slate-style Axiotron ModBook is the ultimate companion for applications and situations where a keyboard only gets in the way.
The Axiotron ModBook is immediately available for pre-orders in the US and Canada through an exclusive strategic partnership arrangement between Axiotron and Other World Computing. Customers purchase the ModBook conversion, the MacBook configuration they wish converted, and the full warranty-backed conversion service of OWC -- all through www.macsales.com/modbook. Every ModBook solution purchased through Other World Computing includes a one-year OWC warranty, which can be extended to up to three years.
ModBook Side View
The ModBook solution base configuration, with a suggested retail price of US$2,279, is based on a 1.83GHz Intel Core Duo Apple MacBook with full ModBook tablet conversion, all backed by a one-year OWC warranty. Additional configurations include such options as: an Axiotron ModBook GPS Module, a two-year OWC warranty extension, 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, up to 2GB DDR2 SDRAM, up to 160GB (5400-RPM) or 200GB (4200-RPM) hard drive, 6x or 8x DVD±RW and CD-RW slot-load combo drive.
During Macworld and until January 31st, Other World Computing is offering the complete ModBook base configuration plus the built-in Axiotron GPS Module at a Special Introductory Price of $2,199.
- Tue,5:12 PM
- Last Chance for 8 Award-Winning Mac Apps for $39.99
- 5:00 PM
- Apple’s Deal with Major Credit Cards Companies Has Hidden Value
- 3:34 PM
- Samsung Taps David Hasselhoff, Knight Rider, and Kit for Smart Home Ad
- 3:19 PM
- Apple: Celebrity Photo Theft Due to Compromised Passwords, Not iCloud Security
- 1:03 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-09-02
- 11:22 AM
- Analyst: New iPhones Coming, Maybe an iWatch, too
- 10:13 AM
- Report Claims iWatch Still in Testing, No Sept 9 Unveiling
- 8:50 AM
- Apple Lands Digital Wallet Deal with Amex, Visa, MasterCard
- Mon,5:52 PM
- Apple Fixes iCloud Security Gap, ‘Actively Investigates’ Celeb Photo Theft
- 8:00 AM
- Happy Labor Day
- Sun,5:23 PM
- How to Use a FLIR Camera to Steal a PIN Code, and How to Stop It
- 3:54 PM
- Apple’s Spaceship Campus through a Drone’s Eye