TMO at Macworld - NewSoft Demonstrates Beta of WMS 100 Wireless Projector Adapter
by , 3:50 PM EST, January 10th, 2007
SAN FRANCISCO -- If you've ever needed to use a projector with your Mac, you've probably ran into a situation where the projector and Mac weren't close enough to be conveniently connected. Fortunately, the folks at NewSoft were demonstrating a beta version of their WMS100 Image Wireless Projector Adapter at this week's Macworld Expo.
WMS 100 Receiver
The WMS 100 Image system consists of two parts. The first part is a small wireless receiver that connects to your projector via a 15-pin connector. The receiver supports the three major 802.11 protocols, namely a/b/g. This can result in a theoretical maximum bandwidth of 54 Mbps between your Mac and the WMS 100. The system claims video update rates of around 15 fps.
The second part of the system is the Presto! WMS sending software. This software, which was previously only available on the Windows platform, will take what you see on your Mac and send it to the WMS 100 Image receiver. If you opt for the Presto! WMS 100 Deluxe software, you can send presentations from up to four computers to the same receiver.
The system will be released some time in Q1 2007.
- Wed,8:10 PM
- Apple Releases Mavericks OS X 10.9.5 with Improvements to VPN and SMB Servers
- 7:57 PM
- Apple Updates iTunes TOC with iOS 8 Family Sharing and App Bundle Pricing
- 7:08 PM
- ACM 272: iPhone 6, iOS 8, and Tim Cook
- 5:10 PM
- iOS OTA update too big? Use iTunes
- 3:50 PM
- iOS 8 Upgrade Recommendations By Device/Model
- 3:15 PM
- A 3D Printed Microscope for Your iPhone for Pennies
- 2:03 PM
- Mpow’s Steambot Y Delivers Bluetooth for Older Cars
- 1:40 PM
- PSA: Skip iCloud Drive if You Sync iCloud Data to Mac or iOS 7
- 1:35 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-09-17
- 1:02 PM
- Apple Releases iOS 8 for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch
- 11:07 AM
- How To Prepare Devices For An iOS 8 Upgrade
- 9:29 AM
- Apple Adds App-Specific Password Support to iCloud