TMO at Macworld - NewSoft Demonstrates Beta of WMS 100 Wireless Projector Adapter
by , 3:50 PM EST, January 10th, 2007
SAN FRANCISCO -- If you've ever needed to use a projector with your Mac, you've probably ran into a situation where the projector and Mac weren't close enough to be conveniently connected. Fortunately, the folks at NewSoft were demonstrating a beta version of their WMS100 Image Wireless Projector Adapter at this week's Macworld Expo.
WMS 100 Receiver
The WMS 100 Image system consists of two parts. The first part is a small wireless receiver that connects to your projector via a 15-pin connector. The receiver supports the three major 802.11 protocols, namely a/b/g. This can result in a theoretical maximum bandwidth of 54 Mbps between your Mac and the WMS 100. The system claims video update rates of around 15 fps.
The second part of the system is the Presto! WMS sending software. This software, which was previously only available on the Windows platform, will take what you see on your Mac and send it to the WMS 100 Image receiver. If you opt for the Presto! WMS 100 Deluxe software, you can send presentations from up to four computers to the same receiver.
The system will be released some time in Q1 2007.
- Fri,3:10 PM
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Trailer on iTunes
- 1:18 PM
- Apple Black Friday Deals Include Gift Cards for Macs, iPhones, More
- Thu,8:00 AM
- Happy Thanksgiving from The Mac Observer!
- Wed,9:36 PM
- Apple Reportedly Building Chinese Sapphire Plant with Foxconn
- 8:40 PM
- ACM 282: The Steampunk, Sapphire, and Apple Watch Episode
- 7:46 PM
- Melissa Holt on MacJury’s Holiday Gift Guide 2
- 4:42 PM
- Steampunk USB Flash Drives with Motorized Gears - Really!
- 4:05 PM
- Black Friday 2014: The Best Mac Deals
- 3:10 PM
- iOS 8: Control Which Apps Can Access Your Private Data
- 2:50 PM
- The Name Your Own Price Must-Have Mac Bundle
- 1:36 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-11-26
- 10:46 AM
- 5 iPhone Apps to Cut Your Thanksgivings Stress