TMO at Macworld - NewSoft Demonstrates Beta of WMS 100 Wireless Projector Adapter
by , 3:50 PM EST, January 10th, 2007
SAN FRANCISCO -- If you've ever needed to use a projector with your Mac, you've probably ran into a situation where the projector and Mac weren't close enough to be conveniently connected. Fortunately, the folks at NewSoft were demonstrating a beta version of their WMS100 Image Wireless Projector Adapter at this week's Macworld Expo.
WMS 100 Receiver
The WMS 100 Image system consists of two parts. The first part is a small wireless receiver that connects to your projector via a 15-pin connector. The receiver supports the three major 802.11 protocols, namely a/b/g. This can result in a theoretical maximum bandwidth of 54 Mbps between your Mac and the WMS 100. The system claims video update rates of around 15 fps.
The second part of the system is the Presto! WMS sending software. This software, which was previously only available on the Windows platform, will take what you see on your Mac and send it to the WMS 100 Image receiver. If you opt for the Presto! WMS 100 Deluxe software, you can send presentations from up to four computers to the same receiver.
The system will be released some time in Q1 2007.
- Fri,1:38 AM
- Apple Posts San Francisco Pride 2015 Video
- Thu,8:51 PM
- Mpow 3-Port Intelligent Car Charger: $13.99
- 8:44 PM
- Apple Loses iBooks Antitrust Appeal in Split Decision
- 5:00 PM
- Apple Earns a Black Eye for Apple Music
- 3:04 PM
- Apple’s New Design Bosses Report to Tim Cook, not Jony Ive
- 2:01 PM
- 3 Great iPhone Cables for Travel
- 1:39 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2015-07-02: Coping with iCloud Music Library’s Problems
- 10:58 AM
- iTunes 12.2 and iCloud Music Library: A Disaster for Your Music Collection
- 8:59 AM
- How To Add Nickname, Photo to Apple Music Profile
- Wed,9:40 PM
- ACM 313: Apple Music First Impressions, Steve Jobs Movie Trailer
- 5:15 PM
- OS X: How to Create Custom Radio Stations in iTunes 12.2
- 4:00 PM
- Apple TV vs. Roku 3: May the Best Little Streaming Box Win