TMO at Macworld - NewSoft Demonstrates Beta of WMS 100 Wireless Projector Adapter
by , 3:50 PM EST, January 10th, 2007
SAN FRANCISCO -- If you've ever needed to use a projector with your Mac, you've probably ran into a situation where the projector and Mac weren't close enough to be conveniently connected. Fortunately, the folks at NewSoft were demonstrating a beta version of their WMS100 Image Wireless Projector Adapter at this week's Macworld Expo.
WMS 100 Receiver
The WMS 100 Image system consists of two parts. The first part is a small wireless receiver that connects to your projector via a 15-pin connector. The receiver supports the three major 802.11 protocols, namely a/b/g. This can result in a theoretical maximum bandwidth of 54 Mbps between your Mac and the WMS 100. The system claims video update rates of around 15 fps.
The second part of the system is the Presto! WMS sending software. This software, which was previously only available on the Windows platform, will take what you see on your Mac and send it to the WMS 100 Image receiver. If you opt for the Presto! WMS 100 Deluxe software, you can send presentations from up to four computers to the same receiver.
The system will be released some time in Q1 2007.
- Wed,10:20 PM
- ACM 322: Apple’s TV Shows, Ian Rogers’ New Job, iPhone Jailbreaking
- 5:30 PM
- Frozen: How to Force Quit an OS X App Showing a Spinning Beachball of Death
- 4:40 PM
- Making the Case for the iPod Touch
- 4:25 PM
- Dr. Mac Presents: Smart Option Key Tricks
- 3:57 PM
- A Lawn Chair, an Umbrella, and 54 Propellers
- 2:39 PM
- AluPen Digital Fine-Point Stylus: $34.95
- 2:12 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2015-09-02: Listeners Respond to El Capitan Debate
- 11:30 AM
- Adonit’s Jot Dash: The Workhorse Stylus You’ve Been Waiting For
- 10:16 AM
- Apple Music’s Ian Rogers Left for the Fashion Industry
- 9:48 AM
- How iTunes Movie DRM-Removal Software Keeps Me Honest
- 9:07 AM
- OS X El Capitan Beta: Using Mail Gestures
- Tue,7:47 PM
- Handmade Leather Lightning iPhone Chargers