TMO at Macworld - NewSoft Demonstrates Beta of WMS 100 Wireless Projector Adapter
by , 3:50 PM EST, January 10th, 2007
SAN FRANCISCO -- If you've ever needed to use a projector with your Mac, you've probably ran into a situation where the projector and Mac weren't close enough to be conveniently connected. Fortunately, the folks at NewSoft were demonstrating a beta version of their WMS100 Image Wireless Projector Adapter at this week's Macworld Expo.
WMS 100 Receiver
The WMS 100 Image system consists of two parts. The first part is a small wireless receiver that connects to your projector via a 15-pin connector. The receiver supports the three major 802.11 protocols, namely a/b/g. This can result in a theoretical maximum bandwidth of 54 Mbps between your Mac and the WMS 100. The system claims video update rates of around 15 fps.
The second part of the system is the Presto! WMS sending software. This software, which was previously only available on the Windows platform, will take what you see on your Mac and send it to the WMS 100 Image receiver. If you opt for the Presto! WMS 100 Deluxe software, you can send presentations from up to four computers to the same receiver.
The system will be released some time in Q1 2007.
- Fri,5:54 PM
- Canadian Bankers Balk at ‘Onerous’ Apple Pay Terms
- 5:52 PM
- How To Enable Stealth Mode in Yosemite
- 4:36 PM
- Ben & Jerry’s Spoofs Apple’s ‘1984’ Commercial to Promote BRRR-ito
- 4:25 PM
- Understand What Apple is Achieving or Get Left Behind
- 4:10 PM
- MiFi 2 Unlocked Global Hotspot: $99
- 1:22 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2015-04-17: Don’t Hold Your Breath for In-store Apple Watch Sales
- 10:45 AM
- Apple PR Veteran Steve Dowling Promoted to VP
- 9:37 AM
- Apple Watch Training Workshops Coming to Apple Stores April 24
- 8:55 AM
- OS X Yosemite Photos: Showing Your Recently Deleted Items
- Thu,9:10 PM
- Scott Forstall Advising Snapchat, Earning 0.11% of Company
- 7:36 PM
- USB ChargeDoubler Mini Charging Cable Seeks Funding
- 7:29 PM
- StuffIt Deluxe 16 Instant File Compressor for Mac: $19.99