TMO at Macworld - TMO's Survey Results for AppleTV
by , 11:15 AM EST, January 11th, 2007
SAN FRANCISCO -- The Mac Observer conducted a random and informal survey of 55 people attending the Macworld Conference and Expo Wednesday to get an idea of the way that HD and AppleTV is fitting into Mac users' lives. About 65% of those surveyed said that they would be pursuing an Apple TV.
Three questions were posed.
1. Do you own a Macintosh?
2. Do you own a high definition TV?
3. Are you interested in pursuing Apple's "Apple TV" product announced yesterday?
The survey was taken well away from the Apple booth. Here are the results.
OWNERSHIP "YES" "NO" --- --- Macintosh only 25 10 Macintosh and HDTV 8 4 HDTV Only 1 1 Neither 2 4
If people did not own an HDTV, they were asked if they would pursue an Apple TV when they bought the HDTV.
The fraction of those surveyed who said they would pursue an Apple TV ("Yes") was 36 out of 55, about 65%. Two customers offered that they had already placed their orders. About a fourth of those surveyed already own an HDTV.
This was an informal, non-rigorous survey intended simply to gauge the feelings of Macworld attendees.
- Mon,12:40 PM
- Three Ways to Protect your Apple Watch (and One Way Not To)
- Thu,7:10 PM
- LUX Lightning Cables on Kickstarter: MFi-Certified, Thicker Cable, Nylon Wrapped
- 6:32 PM
- VoIP-Pal Hits Apple, AT&T, Verizon with $7B Patent Lawsuit
- 5:25 PM
- Apple Selling View-Master Virtual Reality Starter Pack
- 4:45 PM
- X-Doria Revel Apple Watch Case is Colorful, Durable
- 4:34 PM
- Beyond Ink Pen: $49
- 1:57 PM
- Find Your Promised and Provisioned Comcast Internet Speeds
- 1:08 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-02-11: Apple’s A10 Chip Partner, Comcast Internet Speeds
- 12:45 PM
- Gravity Waves Detected For the First Time
- 9:24 AM
- Apple Dumps Samsung, Gives TSMC Exclusive iPhone Chip Deal
- Wed,8:28 PM
- Simon Pierro, Peanuts, a Chimp, and iPad Magic (Video)
- 6:36 PM
- Aaron Sorkin’s ‘Steve Jobs’ Movie Available on iTunes for $14.99