TMO at Macworld - DLO Announces Upgrades to HomeDock Deluxe
by , 10:35 AM EST, January 12th, 2007
San FRANCISCO -- The next generation HomeDock Deluxe by Digital Lifestyle Outfitters (DLO) will include support for video iPods and add several new features, according to Andrew Green, DLO's V.P. of Marketing, who spoke with TMO on the show floor. The new version is scheduled to ship in March in 2007 and will include support for all video iPods, a new video navigation system, the display of album art, and a dozen new themes.
The HomeDock Deluxe serves as a charging dock, interface to a Macintosh via USB, and a video and audio output system to a standard TV. The iPod is placed in the dock, operated with the supplied remote control, and uses on-screen displays to select and display audio and video content. Audio support is provided for any 30-pin iPod.
"In some ways, this product is similar to the new Apple TV," Andrew Green told TMO. However, the video output is restricted to NTSC video via S-video or RCA plugs. A valuable feature of the device is a small, adjustable support bar that keeps pressure on the iPod from accidentally bending the 30-pin connector.
The new HomeDock Deluxe will ship in March 2007, and the price will remain unchanged at US$149.99.
- Mon,6:42 PM
- How to Create and Use Network Locations for Mac
- 6:09 PM
- Some Apple Watch Orders ‘Preparing for Shipment’
- 5:58 PM
- Announcing TMO’s New Product Scoring System
- 4:49 PM
- Microsoft Office Mastery Bundle: $49
- 4:31 PM
- How Bob Levitus Learned to Blow Stuff Up Without Risking Life and Limb
- 4:05 PM
- FitPort for iOS: A Beautifully Designed Fitness Monitoring App
- 2:42 PM
- Twitter’s New ‘DM Everyone’ Sucks, But it’s Off by Default
- 1:14 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2015-04-20: Apple Watch Inventory Theories, Playing the Innovation Game
- 10:50 AM
- Apple Uses Earth Day to Highlight China Solar Farm, More
- 9:51 AM
- Analyst: Apple Watch Pre-orders are Build to Order
- 8:56 AM
- Apple WWDC Ticket Lottery Sales Wrap Up Today
- Sun,12:05 PM
- MGG 549: Cool Stuff Found