TMO at Macworld - DLO Announces Upgrades to HomeDock Deluxe
by , 10:35 AM EST, January 12th, 2007
San FRANCISCO -- The next generation HomeDock Deluxe by Digital Lifestyle Outfitters (DLO) will include support for video iPods and add several new features, according to Andrew Green, DLO's V.P. of Marketing, who spoke with TMO on the show floor. The new version is scheduled to ship in March in 2007 and will include support for all video iPods, a new video navigation system, the display of album art, and a dozen new themes.
The HomeDock Deluxe serves as a charging dock, interface to a Macintosh via USB, and a video and audio output system to a standard TV. The iPod is placed in the dock, operated with the supplied remote control, and uses on-screen displays to select and display audio and video content. Audio support is provided for any 30-pin iPod.
"In some ways, this product is similar to the new Apple TV," Andrew Green told TMO. However, the video output is restricted to NTSC video via S-video or RCA plugs. A valuable feature of the device is a small, adjustable support bar that keeps pressure on the iPod from accidentally bending the 30-pin connector.
The new HomeDock Deluxe will ship in March 2007, and the price will remain unchanged at US$149.99.
- Mon,10:55 AM
- Apple Ready to Buy Swell Talk Show App in $30M Deal
- 10:09 AM
- Report Claims Retina MacBook Pro Speed Bump Coming Tuesday
- 9:04 AM
- EU Greenlights Apple’s Beats Acquisition
- Fri,9:03 PM
- 3 Free iOS Apps To Help You Find Something To Watch
- 8:57 PM
- 9 Swift Resources for iOS 8 Developers
- 7:39 PM
- OS X and iOS Application Compatibility Table
- 6:35 PM
- Best News in the Verse: Firefly Cast Reuniting for Firefly Online
- 6:26 PM
- Bose Sues Apple Acquisition Beats for Patent Infringement
- 5:11 PM
- iZZi Slim 4-Lenses-In-One Photo Kit: $95
- 3:44 PM
- Take Control of Yosemite Beta Testing Released
- 1:42 PM
- Judge Cote Calls Apple Ebook Settlement Unfair to Consumers
- 1:15 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-07-25