TMO at Macworld - DLO Announces Upgrades to HomeDock Deluxe
by , 10:35 AM EST, January 12th, 2007
San FRANCISCO -- The next generation HomeDock Deluxe by Digital Lifestyle Outfitters (DLO) will include support for video iPods and add several new features, according to Andrew Green, DLO's V.P. of Marketing, who spoke with TMO on the show floor. The new version is scheduled to ship in March in 2007 and will include support for all video iPods, a new video navigation system, the display of album art, and a dozen new themes.
The HomeDock Deluxe serves as a charging dock, interface to a Macintosh via USB, and a video and audio output system to a standard TV. The iPod is placed in the dock, operated with the supplied remote control, and uses on-screen displays to select and display audio and video content. Audio support is provided for any 30-pin iPod.
"In some ways, this product is similar to the new Apple TV," Andrew Green told TMO. However, the video output is restricted to NTSC video via S-video or RCA plugs. A valuable feature of the device is a small, adjustable support bar that keeps pressure on the iPod from accidentally bending the 30-pin connector.
The new HomeDock Deluxe will ship in March 2007, and the price will remain unchanged at US$149.99.
- Mon,9:52 PM
- Apple Q4 Earnings Sliced And Diced
- 8:21 PM
- Apple Q4 MacBook Sales Hit Record Breaking Numbers, Jump 25 Percent
- 7:45 PM
- Here’s What Apple Wants to Achieve With Apple Pay
- 7:33 PM
- How Apple’s Tim Cook Explained Away Poor iPad Sales
- 6:31 PM
- Apple Store App Update Adds Apple Pay Support
- 5:59 PM
- China Holds Huge Potential for Apple with First Time iPhone Buyers
- 5:16 PM
- Apple Teases Future Plans for Beats
- 5:02 PM
- Apple Posts a Record September Quarter - $42.1 Billion Revenue, $8.5 Billion Earnings
- 4:45 PM
- How-to Set Up and Add Credit Cards to Apple Pay
- 1:32 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-10-20
- 1:19 PM
- Apple Releases iOS 8.1 With Apple Pay, iCloud Photo Library, Camera Roll, More
- 11:49 AM
- Spotify Announces Family Plans