TMO at Macworld - DLO Announces Upgrades to HomeDock Deluxe
by , 10:35 AM EST, January 12th, 2007
San FRANCISCO -- The next generation HomeDock Deluxe by Digital Lifestyle Outfitters (DLO) will include support for video iPods and add several new features, according to Andrew Green, DLO's V.P. of Marketing, who spoke with TMO on the show floor. The new version is scheduled to ship in March in 2007 and will include support for all video iPods, a new video navigation system, the display of album art, and a dozen new themes.
The HomeDock Deluxe serves as a charging dock, interface to a Macintosh via USB, and a video and audio output system to a standard TV. The iPod is placed in the dock, operated with the supplied remote control, and uses on-screen displays to select and display audio and video content. Audio support is provided for any 30-pin iPod.
"In some ways, this product is similar to the new Apple TV," Andrew Green told TMO. However, the video output is restricted to NTSC video via S-video or RCA plugs. A valuable feature of the device is a small, adjustable support bar that keeps pressure on the iPod from accidentally bending the 30-pin connector.
The new HomeDock Deluxe will ship in March 2007, and the price will remain unchanged at US$149.99.
- Mon,12:40 PM
- Three Ways to Protect your Apple Watch (and One Way Not To)
- Fri,1:30 PM
- SolarTab Portable Solar Panel is a Bright Spot in Outdoor Charging Solutions
- 12:00 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-04-29: Kicking Off a New Apple Conference
- 9:15 AM
- Changing Your Wi-Fi Channel for Improved Speed
- Thu,7:59 PM
- Carl Icahn Isn’t Wrong about Apple in China
- 5:54 PM
- House Passes Email Search Warrant Bill
- 3:20 PM
- Roxio Toast 14 Titanium for Mac: $49
- 3:00 PM
- Griffin’s BreakSafe USB-C Cable Replicates MagSafe For the Apple MacBook
- 2:32 PM
- Bad Move: FBI won’t Share San Bernardino iPhone Hack with Apple
- 1:23 PM
- Dr. Mac’s Deeper Look into Budget-Priced VR Headsets
- 12:00 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-04-28: The Developer Side of Apple Conferences
- 10:50 AM
- CareKit’s Strong Suit may be Peer Support Apps