TMO at Macworld - DLO Announces Upgrades to HomeDock Deluxe
by , 10:35 AM EST, January 12th, 2007
San FRANCISCO -- The next generation HomeDock Deluxe by Digital Lifestyle Outfitters (DLO) will include support for video iPods and add several new features, according to Andrew Green, DLO's V.P. of Marketing, who spoke with TMO on the show floor. The new version is scheduled to ship in March in 2007 and will include support for all video iPods, a new video navigation system, the display of album art, and a dozen new themes.
The HomeDock Deluxe serves as a charging dock, interface to a Macintosh via USB, and a video and audio output system to a standard TV. The iPod is placed in the dock, operated with the supplied remote control, and uses on-screen displays to select and display audio and video content. Audio support is provided for any 30-pin iPod.
"In some ways, this product is similar to the new Apple TV," Andrew Green told TMO. However, the video output is restricted to NTSC video via S-video or RCA plugs. A valuable feature of the device is a small, adjustable support bar that keeps pressure on the iPod from accidentally bending the 30-pin connector.
The new HomeDock Deluxe will ship in March 2007, and the price will remain unchanged at US$149.99.
- Tue,3:15 PM
- The New Microsoft Surface 3 Tablet Hits the Mark
- 1:40 PM
- Satechi 10 Port Premium Aluminum USB 3 Hub Includes Charging Ports
- 1:35 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2015-03-31: Tidal’s Entry into the Streaming Music Game
- 11:55 AM
- Amazon Wants to Turn You Home into a Web Store with Dash Buttons
- 11:05 AM
- Adonit, Evernote Intro Higher Precision Jot Script 2 iPad Stylus
- 9:14 AM
- Facebook is Tracking You Even if You Don’t Have an Account
- Mon,9:12 PM
- Musicians Launch ‘Tidal’ Streaming Music Service to Reestablish Value of Music
- 8:40 PM
- Apple Retail Expands Trade-Ins to Non-Apple Phones
- 7:13 PM
- ifoAppleStore Calls it Quits, ‘My Work Is Done’
- 6:46 PM
- Apple Will Announce Q2 Earnings April 27th
- 6:01 PM
- Tesla Will Announce New Product Line April 30th - Not a Car
- 5:45 PM
- What to Expect from the Core M Processor in the New MacBook