TMO at Macworld - DLO Announces Upgrades to HomeDock Deluxe
by , 10:35 AM EST, January 12th, 2007
San FRANCISCO -- The next generation HomeDock Deluxe by Digital Lifestyle Outfitters (DLO) will include support for video iPods and add several new features, according to Andrew Green, DLO's V.P. of Marketing, who spoke with TMO on the show floor. The new version is scheduled to ship in March in 2007 and will include support for all video iPods, a new video navigation system, the display of album art, and a dozen new themes.
The HomeDock Deluxe serves as a charging dock, interface to a Macintosh via USB, and a video and audio output system to a standard TV. The iPod is placed in the dock, operated with the supplied remote control, and uses on-screen displays to select and display audio and video content. Audio support is provided for any 30-pin iPod.
"In some ways, this product is similar to the new Apple TV," Andrew Green told TMO. However, the video output is restricted to NTSC video via S-video or RCA plugs. A valuable feature of the device is a small, adjustable support bar that keeps pressure on the iPod from accidentally bending the 30-pin connector.
The new HomeDock Deluxe will ship in March 2007, and the price will remain unchanged at US$149.99.
- Mon,12:40 PM
- Three Ways to Protect your Apple Watch (and One Way Not To)
- Thu,1:22 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-05-26: Apple’s Siri Speaker, HP’s Envy 34c Display
- 1:00 PM
- The Display You’ve Always Wanted For Your Mac: HP Z34c
- 9:15 AM
- iCloud: Restoring Bookmarks from Backup
- Wed,4:40 PM
- ACM 361: Purism, Privacy, Apple, and Surveillance Capitalism
- 4:37 PM
- iOS Coding Mastery Bundle: $39
- 3:58 PM
- Apple Can’t Keep a Secret
- 2:05 PM
- Apple’s Penchant for Privacy Makes Siri ‘Speaker’ Hard, but That’s Why We’ll Want It
- 1:33 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-05-25: Apple Hires Jon Callas, Microsoft’s Smartphone Failure
- 10:19 AM
- Microsoft Cuts more Smartphone Jobs, Hopes for Enterprise Success
- Tue,7:41 PM
- Bad News, FBI: Apple Hires Security Pro Jon Callas
- 5:30 PM
- How Apple Got Ready For an iPhone With an OLED Display