TMO at Macworld - DLO Announces Upgrades to HomeDock Deluxe
by , 10:35 AM EST, January 12th, 2007
San FRANCISCO -- The next generation HomeDock Deluxe by Digital Lifestyle Outfitters (DLO) will include support for video iPods and add several new features, according to Andrew Green, DLO's V.P. of Marketing, who spoke with TMO on the show floor. The new version is scheduled to ship in March in 2007 and will include support for all video iPods, a new video navigation system, the display of album art, and a dozen new themes.
The HomeDock Deluxe serves as a charging dock, interface to a Macintosh via USB, and a video and audio output system to a standard TV. The iPod is placed in the dock, operated with the supplied remote control, and uses on-screen displays to select and display audio and video content. Audio support is provided for any 30-pin iPod.
"In some ways, this product is similar to the new Apple TV," Andrew Green told TMO. However, the video output is restricted to NTSC video via S-video or RCA plugs. A valuable feature of the device is a small, adjustable support bar that keeps pressure on the iPod from accidentally bending the 30-pin connector.
The new HomeDock Deluxe will ship in March 2007, and the price will remain unchanged at US$149.99.
- Mon,8:00 PM
- Apple to Announce Q3 Results July 21st
- 7:18 PM
- MGG 559: Connecting Networks Together, Photos on NAS & Upgrade Snapshots
- 7:14 PM
- Dr. Dre’s ‘The Chronic’ Will Stream Exclusively on Apple Music
- 6:15 PM
- 8 Years After Launch, It’s an iPhone World
- 5:30 PM
- How the USB-C Port on the New MacBook Helps the Battery Life
- 4:43 PM
- Last Chance for the Summer Mac Essentials Bundle
- 4:12 PM
- Import Spotify and Rdio Playlists to Beats Music for Apple Music Launch
- 2:20 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2015-06-29: Getting Ready for Apple Music
- 11:25 AM
- Apple Music Coming to Sonos Later this Year
- 10:46 AM
- iOS 8.4 Coming Tuesday at 8AM Pacific Time Ahead of Apple Music Launch
- 9:45 AM
- Apple Music: What You Need to Know
- Fri,6:24 PM
- Apple’s Tim Cook Praises SCOTUS Marriage Equality Ruling