TMO at Macworld - Garmin Demonstrates Training Center Software for Mac [UPDATED]
by , 3:10 PM EST, January 11th, 2007
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- Garmin was demonstrating their Garmin Training Center software, which is now compatible with Mac OS X version 10.4, at this week's Macworld Expo. Garmin Training Center software is used with Garminís Forerunner and Edge series fitness products.
Mac OS X users will now be able to download information directly from their Forerunner or Edge fitness device to the Garmin Training Center software. While using the software, fitness enthusiasts can create, analyze and store data from their fitness activities directly on their computer. The software also offers tools to record pace, speed, heart rate, and elevation based on time and distance. In addition, users can categorize the information based on the type of activity, such as walking, running, biking, or kayaking.
In addition to the Garmin Training Center, Mac users have come to rely on Garmin's web application -- MotionBased.com -- which has been supporting the Mac since March 2006. This internet based platform translates GPS data into performance analysis, online mapping and route sharing. MotionBased utilizes a web plug-in that allows customers to upload data directly from a Garmin fitness device through the Safari web browser. Data recorded by the GPS device is stored at MotionBased.com where time, distance, speed, elevation, cadence, grade, and heart rate analysis is displayed. The MotionBased.com site also includes charts, reports, historical weather, split analysis, interactive maps and one-click export to Google Earth.
Garmin is distributing complimentary Mac compatible Garmin Training Center software CDs at Macworld. Users will also be able to download the Mac compatible software for free in late January 2007 at http://www.garmin.com/products/trainingcenter.
[Update: The article was updated with correct information from the correct press release. - Editor]
- Sun,11:42 AM
- MGG 520: Wrapping Up Tech Week With iOS 8 & More
- Sat,7:27 PM
- Fun Rant about Those Who Claim Apple is the Copier
- 12:27 PM
- How to Make Your iPhone 6 Work with Your AT&T MicroCell
- Fri,7:51 PM
- iOS 8 App Store Bundles Explained
- 7:23 PM
- WSJ Lines Up Tim Cook to Kick Off Inaugural WSJDLive Conference
- 5:42 PM
- Learn Apple’s New Swift Programming Language for $19
- 5:00 PM
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus - the Word That Shall Not be Spoken: Phablet
- 1:44 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-09-19
- 11:20 AM
- Launch Day Survey Says iPhone 6 Plus is the Go-to Choice
- 10:35 AM
- AT&T’s Next Plan May be the Cheapest Way to Buy an iPhone, Despite the Hype
- 6:40 AM
- iOS 8: How to Change Safari’s Default Search Provider to DuckDuckGo
- 2:45 AM
- First iPhone 6 Sold in Perth Dropped by Kid During TV Interview