TMO at Macworld - Garmin Demonstrates Training Center Software for Mac [UPDATED]
by , 3:10 PM EST, January 11th, 2007
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- Garmin was demonstrating their Garmin Training Center software, which is now compatible with Mac OS X version 10.4, at this week's Macworld Expo. Garmin Training Center software is used with Garminís Forerunner and Edge series fitness products.
Mac OS X users will now be able to download information directly from their Forerunner or Edge fitness device to the Garmin Training Center software. While using the software, fitness enthusiasts can create, analyze and store data from their fitness activities directly on their computer. The software also offers tools to record pace, speed, heart rate, and elevation based on time and distance. In addition, users can categorize the information based on the type of activity, such as walking, running, biking, or kayaking.
In addition to the Garmin Training Center, Mac users have come to rely on Garmin's web application -- MotionBased.com -- which has been supporting the Mac since March 2006. This internet based platform translates GPS data into performance analysis, online mapping and route sharing. MotionBased utilizes a web plug-in that allows customers to upload data directly from a Garmin fitness device through the Safari web browser. Data recorded by the GPS device is stored at MotionBased.com where time, distance, speed, elevation, cadence, grade, and heart rate analysis is displayed. The MotionBased.com site also includes charts, reports, historical weather, split analysis, interactive maps and one-click export to Google Earth.
Garmin is distributing complimentary Mac compatible Garmin Training Center software CDs at Macworld. Users will also be able to download the Mac compatible software for free in late January 2007 at http://www.garmin.com/products/trainingcenter.
[Update: The article was updated with correct information from the correct press release. - Editor]
- Tue,2:59 PM
- Chuck La Tournous and Chris Breen to Speak at NJMUG’s 30th Anniversary Tuesday
- 2:24 PM
- Don’t Upgrade to Yosemite or iOS 8.1 Before You Read This Column
- 2:06 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-10-21
- 12:29 PM
- How Apple Pay Mitigates Breach Fatigue
- 10:50 AM
- How to Enable Apple’s SMS Relay on your Mac or iPad
- 9:43 AM
- Apple Earnings Smackdown Ranks Analyst Predictions
- Mon,9:52 PM
- Apple Q4 Earnings Sliced And Diced
- 8:21 PM
- Apple Q4 MacBook Sales Hit Record Breaking Numbers, Jump 25 Percent
- 7:45 PM
- Here’s What Apple Wants to Achieve With Apple Pay
- 7:33 PM
- How Apple’s Tim Cook Explained Away Poor iPad Sales
- 6:31 PM
- Apple Store App Update Adds Apple Pay Support
- 5:59 PM
- China Holds Huge Potential for Apple with First Time iPhone Buyers