TMO at MWSF - GridIronís Flow Helps Creative Pros Track Their Projects
by , 10:35 AM EST, January 15th, 2008
GridIron Software on Tuesday introduced Flow, an application that helps creative professionals track their projects from beginning to end, managing assets and applications along the way. The company will showcase the software at this weekís Macworld Expo.
Flow automatically tracks a project by recording all Import/Export, Save/Save As, and Copy/Paste actions that a user undertakes in all associated applications. It also maintains relationships between images, movies, audio files, fonts, plug-ins, and color swatches that are stored on local, network, and removable drives.
The software also tracks assets in real-time, automatically building workflow maps that show how files, applications, and assets are related. Users can select any file and see all other items related to it. They can also view a snapshot of any point in time of a project and see what went into its creation.
Other features include: a Workflow Calendar; Visual versions, which tracks all versions of all files, including thumbnails and metadata; and Tags and Annotations, which allow users to include notes anywhere they want. The Flow SDK tool lets vendors create custom extensions that support their file formats and build new functionality into a project environment.
GridIron expects to ship Flow this summer, with Mac OS X v10.4 Tiger and v10.5 Leopard supported. The company is taking registrations now for inclusion in the upcoming public Beta.
- Thu,5:45 PM
- iOS 8: Apple Finally Fixes its iPhone Weather App
- 5:09 PM
- 5th Ave Apple Store iPhone 6 Campout Stretches 3 Blocks
- 3:30 PM
- iOS 8: Quickly Access Your Favorite Contacts with Home Button
- 2:15 PM
- How to Install and Activate Third-Party Keyboards in iOS 8
- 1:47 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-09-18
- 11:11 AM
- Analyst: iPhone 6 Launch Weekend Sales to Fall Short, No Big Deal
- 10:04 AM
- iOS 8: Taking Full Advantage of Interactive Notifications
- 9:22 AM
- Apple TV Gets Beats Channel, Family Sharing
- 8:42 AM
- iOS 8: See What’s Eating Your Battery
- Wed,8:10 PM
- Apple Releases Mavericks OS X 10.9.5 with Improvements to VPN and SMB Servers
- 7:57 PM
- Apple Updates iTunes TOC with iOS 8 Family Sharing and App Bundle Pricing
- 7:08 PM
- ACM 272: iPhone 6, iOS 8, and Tim Cook