TMO at MWSF - GridIronís Flow Helps Creative Pros Track Their Projects
by , 10:35 AM EST, January 15th, 2008
GridIron Software on Tuesday introduced Flow, an application that helps creative professionals track their projects from beginning to end, managing assets and applications along the way. The company will showcase the software at this weekís Macworld Expo.
Flow automatically tracks a project by recording all Import/Export, Save/Save As, and Copy/Paste actions that a user undertakes in all associated applications. It also maintains relationships between images, movies, audio files, fonts, plug-ins, and color swatches that are stored on local, network, and removable drives.
The software also tracks assets in real-time, automatically building workflow maps that show how files, applications, and assets are related. Users can select any file and see all other items related to it. They can also view a snapshot of any point in time of a project and see what went into its creation.
Other features include: a Workflow Calendar; Visual versions, which tracks all versions of all files, including thumbnails and metadata; and Tags and Annotations, which allow users to include notes anywhere they want. The Flow SDK tool lets vendors create custom extensions that support their file formats and build new functionality into a project environment.
GridIron expects to ship Flow this summer, with Mac OS X v10.4 Tiger and v10.5 Leopard supported. The company is taking registrations now for inclusion in the upcoming public Beta.
- Mon,9:52 PM
- Apple Q4 Earnings Sliced And Diced
- 8:21 PM
- Apple Q4 MacBook Sales Hit Record Breaking Numbers, Jump 25 Percent
- 7:45 PM
- Here’s What Apple Wants to Achieve With Apple Pay
- 7:33 PM
- How Apple’s Tim Cook Explained Away Poor iPad Sales
- 6:31 PM
- Apple Store App Update Adds Apple Pay Support
- 5:59 PM
- China Holds Huge Potential for Apple with First Time iPhone Buyers
- 5:16 PM
- Apple Teases Future Plans for Beats
- 5:02 PM
- Apple Posts a Record September Quarter - $42.1 Billion Revenue, $8.5 Billion Earnings
- 4:45 PM
- How-to Set Up and Add Credit Cards to Apple Pay
- 1:32 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-10-20
- 1:19 PM
- Apple Releases iOS 8.1 With Apple Pay, iCloud Photo Library, Camera Roll, More
- 11:49 AM
- Spotify Announces Family Plans