TMO at MWSF - Software MacKieve Enables HyperStudio Stacks to Run in OS X
by , 10:35 AM EST, January 17th, 2008
Software MacKiev has released a free HyperStudio 5 legacy player that allows users to run stacks created in HyperStudio 3 and 4, as well as HyperLogo. The company made the move in anticipation of the release of HyperStudio 5; it purchased the HyperStudio brand last June.
HyperStudio was a popular tool in the educational market. It was based on Apple's HyperCard, which was released in 1987 and officially discontinued in 2004. HyperStudio was first issued in 1989. Its creator, Roger Wagner, has been working with Software MacKiev on version 5 of the software, which the publisher said is nearing completion and is on display this week at Macworld Expo.
HyperStudio 5 promises to feature podcasting support, a webcam workshop with 2,000 teacher-approved webcam locations, live object editing, iTunes import, a card browser with the ability to import from various sources, new brush styles, and more. The new application will require Mac OS X v10.4.9 or v10.5, a 400MHz G4 or better processor, including Intel processors, and 256MB RAM. Pricing was not announced.
HyperStudio 5 Legacy Player requires Mac OS X v10.3.9 or higher, including v10.5. It can be downloaded from the Software MacKiev Web site.
- Fri,10:35 AM
- AT&T’s Next Plan May be the Cheapest Way to Buy an iPhone, Despite the Hype
- 6:40 AM
- iOS 8: Changing Safari’s Default Search Provider to DuckDuckGo
- 2:45 AM
- First iPhone 6 Sold in Perth Dropped by Kid During TV Interview
- Thu,10:22 PM
- Dragon Dictate for Mac 4: $99.95
- 8:25 PM
- iOS 8: How to-Enable Safari Extensions
- 6:00 PM
- iOS 8 In-Depth Review: Apple Opens Mobile OS to Developers, You Win
- 5:45 PM
- iOS 8: Apple Finally Fixes its iPhone Weather App
- 5:09 PM
- 5th Ave Apple Store iPhone 6 Campout Stretches 3 Blocks
- 3:30 PM
- iOS 8: Quickly Access Your Favorite Contacts with Home Button
- 2:15 PM
- How to Install and Activate Third-Party Keyboards in iOS 8
- 1:47 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-09-18
- 11:11 AM
- Analyst: iPhone 6 Launch Weekend Sales to Fall Short, No Big Deal