TMO at MWSF - Software MacKieve Enables HyperStudio Stacks to Run in OS X
by , 10:35 AM EST, January 17th, 2008
Software MacKiev has released a free HyperStudio 5 legacy player that allows users to run stacks created in HyperStudio 3 and 4, as well as HyperLogo. The company made the move in anticipation of the release of HyperStudio 5; it purchased the HyperStudio brand last June.
HyperStudio was a popular tool in the educational market. It was based on Apple's HyperCard, which was released in 1987 and officially discontinued in 2004. HyperStudio was first issued in 1989. Its creator, Roger Wagner, has been working with Software MacKiev on version 5 of the software, which the publisher said is nearing completion and is on display this week at Macworld Expo.
HyperStudio 5 promises to feature podcasting support, a webcam workshop with 2,000 teacher-approved webcam locations, live object editing, iTunes import, a card browser with the ability to import from various sources, new brush styles, and more. The new application will require Mac OS X v10.4.9 or v10.5, a 400MHz G4 or better processor, including Intel processors, and 256MB RAM. Pricing was not announced.
HyperStudio 5 Legacy Player requires Mac OS X v10.3.9 or higher, including v10.5. It can be downloaded from the Software MacKiev Web site.
- Sat,10:30 AM
- iPhoneography 101: Essential iPhone Camera Apps
- Fri,6:57 PM
- Apple Makes ‘Things for iPad’ Free for a Week
- 6:47 PM
- Judge Approves Apple iBooks $450 Million Antitrust Settlement
- 5:54 PM
- 100 AA and 52 AAA Duracell Batteries for $59.99 [Extended]
- 5:18 PM
- Use a PDF to See How Big Apple Watches Really Are
- 4:45 PM
- Why Every Estimate for Apple Watch Sales in 2015 is Completely Wrong
- 4:30 PM
- ‘Kingdom Rush Origins’ Tower Defender Released for iPhone and iPad
- 1:42 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-11-21
- 11:53 AM
- Google Agrees to Settlement in Rockstar Patent Infringement Fight
- 9:44 AM
- Apple Blocks Outdated Flash Players Over Security Issues [Update]
- 9:00 AM
- iOS 8: Using “Send Last Location”
- Thu,8:05 PM
- SwiftKey Adds Languages in iOS Without App Store Updates