TMO at MWSF - Software MacKieve Enables HyperStudio Stacks to Run in OS X
by , 10:35 AM EST, January 17th, 2008
Software MacKiev has released a free HyperStudio 5 legacy player that allows users to run stacks created in HyperStudio 3 and 4, as well as HyperLogo. The company made the move in anticipation of the release of HyperStudio 5; it purchased the HyperStudio brand last June.
HyperStudio was a popular tool in the educational market. It was based on Apple's HyperCard, which was released in 1987 and officially discontinued in 2004. HyperStudio was first issued in 1989. Its creator, Roger Wagner, has been working with Software MacKiev on version 5 of the software, which the publisher said is nearing completion and is on display this week at Macworld Expo.
HyperStudio 5 promises to feature podcasting support, a webcam workshop with 2,000 teacher-approved webcam locations, live object editing, iTunes import, a card browser with the ability to import from various sources, new brush styles, and more. The new application will require Mac OS X v10.4.9 or v10.5, a 400MHz G4 or better processor, including Intel processors, and 256MB RAM. Pricing was not announced.
HyperStudio 5 Legacy Player requires Mac OS X v10.3.9 or higher, including v10.5. It can be downloaded from the Software MacKiev Web site.
- Thu,5:20 PM
- Apple’s Stock Holds Above $100 with New Record Close
- 3:52 PM
- Five Deals on Mac Apps: TuneUp, TwistedWave, Stuffit Deluxe, Elite Keylogger, Crossover
- 2:20 PM
- An iPhone Veteran Evaluates an Amazon Fire Phone
- 10:29 AM
- 3 Free iPhone Apps for Ordering from the Starbucks Secret Menu
- 9:02 AM
- Samsung Doesn’t Have to Pay Apple Attorney Fees Because iPhone wasn’t Famous
- Wed,9:40 PM
- Week Of Who, Day 3: Craigy Who and Mr Timey Pants
- 6:49 PM
- ACM 268: Apple Copycats, Ad Agencies, and Steve Ballmer: Sports Mogul
- 6:38 PM
- Jeff Gamet, John Martellaro Talk Sci-Fi Tech on MacVoices
- 5:26 PM
- Limefuel Lite USB Battery Pack for Dual Charging: $34.99
- 2:22 PM
- Guest Pass for iOS 7 Allows Access to Your Wi-Fi Network Without Revealing the Password
- 1:25 PM
- Parallels Announces Desktop 10 for the Mac with Yosemite Support
- 1:07 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-08-20