TMO at MWSF - Software MacKieve Enables HyperStudio Stacks to Run in OS X
by , 10:35 AM EST, January 17th, 2008
Software MacKiev has released a free HyperStudio 5 legacy player that allows users to run stacks created in HyperStudio 3 and 4, as well as HyperLogo. The company made the move in anticipation of the release of HyperStudio 5; it purchased the HyperStudio brand last June.
HyperStudio was a popular tool in the educational market. It was based on Apple's HyperCard, which was released in 1987 and officially discontinued in 2004. HyperStudio was first issued in 1989. Its creator, Roger Wagner, has been working with Software MacKiev on version 5 of the software, which the publisher said is nearing completion and is on display this week at Macworld Expo.
HyperStudio 5 promises to feature podcasting support, a webcam workshop with 2,000 teacher-approved webcam locations, live object editing, iTunes import, a card browser with the ability to import from various sources, new brush styles, and more. The new application will require Mac OS X v10.4.9 or v10.5, a 400MHz G4 or better processor, including Intel processors, and 256MB RAM. Pricing was not announced.
HyperStudio 5 Legacy Player requires Mac OS X v10.3.9 or higher, including v10.5. It can be downloaded from the Software MacKiev Web site.
- Mon,12:40 PM
- Three Ways to Protect your Apple Watch (and One Way Not To)
- Fri,7:26 PM
- $100 off iPad mini 4 for Black Friday
- 7:11 PM
- iPad mini 2 for $199 at Walmart for Black Friday
- 6:18 PM
- $100 and $125 off iPad Air 2 for Black Friday from Best Buy
- 5:23 PM
- 20% iTunes Cards from Best Buy Back on for Black Friday
- 5:15 PM
- 20% Off iTunes Cards from Ebay/PayPal
- 8:03 AM
- Black Friday Blowout 15% Discount on TMO Deals
- Thu,10:32 AM
- Happy Thanksgiving from The Mac Observer!
- Wed,7:53 PM
- Awaken the Force with these Free Star Wars Apps
- 5:28 PM
- How to Pair Bluetooth Headphones with Your Apple TV
- 4:40 PM
- Pay What You Want for the Learn to Code Bundle
- 4:27 PM
- ACM 334: Apple’s Mac Pro vs. The Devil’s Advocate