TMO at MWSF - Software MacKieve Enables HyperStudio Stacks to Run in OS X
by , 10:35 AM EST, January 17th, 2008
Software MacKiev has released a free HyperStudio 5 legacy player that allows users to run stacks created in HyperStudio 3 and 4, as well as HyperLogo. The company made the move in anticipation of the release of HyperStudio 5; it purchased the HyperStudio brand last June.
HyperStudio was a popular tool in the educational market. It was based on Apple's HyperCard, which was released in 1987 and officially discontinued in 2004. HyperStudio was first issued in 1989. Its creator, Roger Wagner, has been working with Software MacKiev on version 5 of the software, which the publisher said is nearing completion and is on display this week at Macworld Expo.
HyperStudio 5 promises to feature podcasting support, a webcam workshop with 2,000 teacher-approved webcam locations, live object editing, iTunes import, a card browser with the ability to import from various sources, new brush styles, and more. The new application will require Mac OS X v10.4.9 or v10.5, a 400MHz G4 or better processor, including Intel processors, and 256MB RAM. Pricing was not announced.
HyperStudio 5 Legacy Player requires Mac OS X v10.3.9 or higher, including v10.5. It can be downloaded from the Software MacKiev Web site.
- Thu, 2:00 PM
- Heartbleed Update: OpenVPN isn’t Safe, Either
- 12:50 PM
- ‘iPad and iPhone Kung Fu’ Book is Loaded with iOS 7 Tips and Hints
- 9:55 AM
- Apple’s iOS 8 to Reportedly Include Shazam Music Recognition
- 9:28 AM
- Sponsor: Merlin from Project Wizards
- 8:48 AM
- New Cars for Anki Drive Hit the Track
- Wed, 10:02 PM
- ACM 250: Apple’s iPhone Pricing, Samsung’s Fudging, Amazon’s Ambition
- 8:03 PM
- Yahoo! Reportedly Wants to Replace Google for iOS Default Search
- 6:52 PM
- Hearthstone: Heroes Of Warcraft Released Free on iPad
- 4:15 PM
- T-Mobile Unveils Three Days Of ‘Uncarrier’ which Is Good for Customers
- 3:15 PM
- What it’s REALLY Like to Work For Apple
- 2:53 PM
- Create Clickable App Idea Prototypes, No Code Required With Marvel
- 11:10 AM
- Jeff Gamet Recaps Macworld/iWorld 2014 at Estes Park User Group