TMO at MWSF - Software MacKieve Enables HyperStudio Stacks to Run in OS X
by , 10:35 AM EST, January 17th, 2008
Software MacKiev has released a free HyperStudio 5 legacy player that allows users to run stacks created in HyperStudio 3 and 4, as well as HyperLogo. The company made the move in anticipation of the release of HyperStudio 5; it purchased the HyperStudio brand last June.
HyperStudio was a popular tool in the educational market. It was based on Apple's HyperCard, which was released in 1987 and officially discontinued in 2004. HyperStudio was first issued in 1989. Its creator, Roger Wagner, has been working with Software MacKiev on version 5 of the software, which the publisher said is nearing completion and is on display this week at Macworld Expo.
HyperStudio 5 promises to feature podcasting support, a webcam workshop with 2,000 teacher-approved webcam locations, live object editing, iTunes import, a card browser with the ability to import from various sources, new brush styles, and more. The new application will require Mac OS X v10.4.9 or v10.5, a 400MHz G4 or better processor, including Intel processors, and 256MB RAM. Pricing was not announced.
HyperStudio 5 Legacy Player requires Mac OS X v10.3.9 or higher, including v10.5. It can be downloaded from the Software MacKiev Web site.
- Wed,3:10 PM
- How to Deauthorize All Devices in iTunes 12
- Fri,5:00 PM
- Swatch Plans to Release Internet-Connected Smartwatch Late Summer
- 4:50 PM
- Hope Springs Eternal: a New Approach to OS X at WWDC
- 3:32 PM
- Complete Arduino Starter Kit and Course Bundle: $75.99
- 1:45 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2015-05-29: The Big iCloud Photos Alternatives Show
- 12:45 PM
- OS X: A Better Way to Handle Tabs in Apple’s Safari
- 11:21 AM
- Skype for Mac Hotfix Released to fix Audio Selection Issues
- 11:19 AM
- Apple’s Fix for the Messages Text String Crash
- 10:50 AM
- Want Great Movie Deals? There’s an App for That
- 9:55 AM
- Apple Buys Augmented Reality Company Metaio
- 9:14 AM
- Use AppleScript To Create a Custom Evernote PDF Menu Action
- 8:40 AM
- Safari: Turning Off Push Notifications