TMO at MWSF - Fujitsu Demonstrates World's Smallest Duplex ADF Scanner
by , 3:10 PM EST, January 17th, 2008
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- Fujitsu is demonstrating two new entries in their ScanSnap line of color image scanners at this week's Macworld Expo, including the world's smallest A4 duplex ADF scanner. Michael Sidejas, Product Marketing Manager, took some time to demonstrate the units to us.
The first scanner is the ScanSnap S510M, the third generation of this series. The unit has a compact angular design, with a footprint smaller than a letter size piece of paper. It can scan both sides of a document at up to 18 pages per minute, with resolution up to 600 dpi in color, and 1200 dpi in black and white. It can handle up to 50 sheets in its ADF. The S510M comes with Adobe Acrobat 8 Professional, and supports the creation of searchable PDF documents. Using the ScanSnap Quick Menu, you can choose to Scan to Folder, Scan to E-Mail, Scan to Print, Scan to iPhoto, or Scan to PDF. The S510M is available now and is priced at US$495.
The second scanner is the ScanSnap S300M. It supports portable operation by not requiring a power supply, and is powered by the USB port on your Mac. The S300M can scan up to 8 pages per minute, and weighs only 3.1 pounds. It includes Cardiris Business Card Software. Like the S510M, it supports intelligent image correction, which will auto-size the scanned document, de-skew, and remove blank pages. The S300M will be available in March 2008, and will be priced at US$295.
- Mon,12:40 PM
- Three Ways to Protect your Apple Watch (and One Way Not To)
- Mon,10:42 PM
- Google Brings Higher Resolution Satellite Imagery to Google Earth and Maps
- 9:10 PM
- Google Bloks Will Offer Kids Hands-On, Collaborative Programming Concepts
- 8:44 PM
- PRE-SALE: The Complete iOS 10 Developer Course at $29
- 5:15 PM
- Game Foul: Ford Dealership Steals Firewatch Art
- 5:04 PM
- TMO Background Mode: Interview With Symply Co-founder and President Alex Grossman
- 3:20 PM
- iPhone 7 Sans Headphone Jack: The Debate Continues
- 1:58 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-06-27: AAPL, Brexit, Google Blocks
- 11:58 AM
- Google Ready to Try Apple’s Tactics with New Smartphone
- 9:33 AM
- Apple gets its Rainbow on for SF Pride Parade
- Sun,12:18 PM
- MGG 611: Troubleshoot & Resolve Your Mac & Apple Issues
- Fri,7:00 PM
- Apple Kills the Thunderbolt Display - Will the Mac Pro Be Next?