TMO at MWSF - TheSkyX Astronomy Software Released for Mac OS X
by , 8:45 AM EST, January 18th, 2008
SAN FRANCISCO - Bisque Software announced the immediate availability of TheSkyX at Macworld this week. The native Mac OS X astronomy software allows the user to see what the night sky will look like at any time and any place on Earth, learn about the night sky and plan observing sessions.
Years ago, The Sky was a very popular program for Mac OS 9. Now, Bisque Software has released a native and Universal version, specially designed for students, that runs in Mac OS X.
"TheSkyX Student is a comprehensive and full-featured tool to help you explore and actively develop an understanding of basic astronomy. You can learn the constellations (labeled with their phonetic pronunciation), watch planetary motion over days or centuries, witness solar and lunar eclipses, or show detailed drawings of mythological characters and so much more," according to Bisque Software.
The Mac OS X version comes by virtue of Bisque's investment in a cross platform development system, Trolltech's Qt. This is a framework system that allows developers to maintain one set of source code, but compile for different target systems, including Mac OS X, Carbon.
TMO watched a demo of TheSkyX in the Bisque Software booth and Macworld, and it is fast, smooth and beautiful.
TheSkyX requires a minimum of 1.25 GHz PowerPC processor or 2.0 GHz Intel processor, 512 MB RAM and Mac OS X 10.4.8 or later. It is priced at US$99.00.
- Mon,12:40 PM
- Three Ways to Protect your Apple Watch (and One Way Not To)
- Mon,10:42 PM
- Google Brings Higher Resolution Satellite Imagery to Google Earth and Maps
- 9:10 PM
- Google Bloks Will Offer Kids Hands-On, Collaborative Programming Concepts
- 8:44 PM
- PRE-SALE: The Complete iOS 10 Developer Course at $29
- 5:15 PM
- Game Foul: Ford Dealership Steals Firewatch Art
- 5:04 PM
- TMO Background Mode: Interview With Symply Co-founder and President Alex Grossman
- 3:20 PM
- iPhone 7 Sans Headphone Jack: The Debate Continues
- 1:58 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-06-27: AAPL, Brexit, Google Blocks
- 11:58 AM
- Google Ready to Try Apple’s Tactics with New Smartphone
- 9:33 AM
- Apple gets its Rainbow on for SF Pride Parade
- Sun,12:18 PM
- MGG 611: Troubleshoot & Resolve Your Mac & Apple Issues
- Fri,7:00 PM
- Apple Kills the Thunderbolt Display - Will the Mac Pro Be Next?