TMO at MWSF - TheSkyX Astronomy Software Released for Mac OS X
by , 8:45 AM EST, January 18th, 2008
SAN FRANCISCO - Bisque Software announced the immediate availability of TheSkyX at Macworld this week. The native Mac OS X astronomy software allows the user to see what the night sky will look like at any time and any place on Earth, learn about the night sky and plan observing sessions.
Years ago, The Sky was a very popular program for Mac OS 9. Now, Bisque Software has released a native and Universal version, specially designed for students, that runs in Mac OS X.
"TheSkyX Student is a comprehensive and full-featured tool to help you explore and actively develop an understanding of basic astronomy. You can learn the constellations (labeled with their phonetic pronunciation), watch planetary motion over days or centuries, witness solar and lunar eclipses, or show detailed drawings of mythological characters and so much more," according to Bisque Software.
The Mac OS X version comes by virtue of Bisque's investment in a cross platform development system, Trolltech's Qt. This is a framework system that allows developers to maintain one set of source code, but compile for different target systems, including Mac OS X, Carbon.
TMO watched a demo of TheSkyX in the Bisque Software booth and Macworld, and it is fast, smooth and beautiful.
TheSkyX requires a minimum of 1.25 GHz PowerPC processor or 2.0 GHz Intel processor, 512 MB RAM and Mac OS X 10.4.8 or later. It is priced at US$99.00.
- Sun,11:54 AM
- MGG 524: Cool Stuff Found & Yosemite Notes
- Sat,10:30 AM
- 3 More Tips for Making Better Slide Show Presentations in Apple’s Keynote
- Fri,5:50 PM
- Eek! How Did I Ever Live With an iPhone 5s?
- 5:15 PM
- Apple Posts Full Video for October Media Event
- 4:15 PM
- Sales Prospects for Apple’s iPad Air 2 Look Good
- 3:12 PM
- The Dream Desk Giveaway
- 2:17 PM
- An Ode To Chairman Honeycrisp
- 2:00 PM
- Seidio Tetra for iPhone 6: a Rigid, Gorgeous Metal Bumper Case
- 1:43 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-10-17
- 1:32 PM
- GigSky Is Apple SIM For Everyone
- 11:20 AM
- Apple’s New iPad Air 2 Available for Online Order
- 11:05 AM
- Apple Drops Mac mini Server from Product Lineup