TMO at MWSF - ZAP Shows Electric Car Made for iPod, Launches iZAP Rechargeable Battery Technology
by , 12:15 PM EST, January 18th, 2008
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- Electric car pioneer ZAP will be designing its cars to play and recharge the iPod and is previewing the concept, as well as their new mobile rechargers, at this week's Macworld Expo. Krystal Martinez, Media Relations, took a few moments to tell us more about their offerings.
ZAP will be designing its cars to include a head unit made for the iPod. ZAP cars would play music from the iPod through the car speaker system as well as recharge using the ZAP Recharge-It-All made for iPod battery system. The first cars equipped with this technology would be available later in 2008. ZAP says it has plans to make all its electric vehicles for the iPod.
The ZAP XEBRA Sedan, their basic vehicle, is 10 feet long, 5 feet wide, and just over five feet high, and can seat two. The lead acid batteries (soon to be replaced by lithium ion) take 3 to 4 hours to charge. The vehicle can reach speeds up to 40 MPH, and has a range of up to 40 miles.
ZAP will also be introducing its iZAP mobile re-chargers that are made for iPod at Macworld. The iZAP uses advanced lithium battery storage and charge control technology to power or boost the battery life of the iPod. ZAP sells other Recharge-It-All re-chargers that are compatible with a wide range of mobile electronics, including cell phones, digital cameras, smart phones, camcorders, laptops and other low-voltage devices.
- Fri,5:07 PM
- New Uses For Old Power Macs
- 5:02 PM
- Apple Pay is Soaring While Competitors Crash and Burn
- 1:47 PM
- The Camera Lens Mug: $19.99
- 1:19 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-10-24
- 11:10 AM
- Apple, Nike Teaming Up on Wearable Tech Project
- 9:37 AM
- Kickstarter Project: Mouse Guard LEGO Mini Figures
- 8:48 AM
- OS X Yosemite: Handing Calls Off to Your iPhone
- Thu,8:46 PM
- Yosemite: How To Fix Safari’s Address Bar
- 7:32 PM
- If Microsoft Made a Smart Watch…
- 5:45 PM
- X-Doria Folio Case for iPhone 6: Awkward by Nature
- 5:30 PM
- ACM 277: Apple Pay, Apple Designs, and iPad as a Laptop Replacement
- 4:34 PM
- Learn Apple’s Swift Programming Language for $19