TMO at MWSF - ZAP Shows Electric Car Made for iPod, Launches iZAP Rechargeable Battery Technology
by , 12:15 PM EST, January 18th, 2008
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- Electric car pioneer ZAP will be designing its cars to play and recharge the iPod and is previewing the concept, as well as their new mobile rechargers, at this week's Macworld Expo. Krystal Martinez, Media Relations, took a few moments to tell us more about their offerings.
ZAP will be designing its cars to include a head unit made for the iPod. ZAP cars would play music from the iPod through the car speaker system as well as recharge using the ZAP Recharge-It-All made for iPod battery system. The first cars equipped with this technology would be available later in 2008. ZAP says it has plans to make all its electric vehicles for the iPod.
The ZAP XEBRA Sedan, their basic vehicle, is 10 feet long, 5 feet wide, and just over five feet high, and can seat two. The lead acid batteries (soon to be replaced by lithium ion) take 3 to 4 hours to charge. The vehicle can reach speeds up to 40 MPH, and has a range of up to 40 miles.
ZAP will also be introducing its iZAP mobile re-chargers that are made for iPod at Macworld. The iZAP uses advanced lithium battery storage and charge control technology to power or boost the battery life of the iPod. ZAP sells other Recharge-It-All re-chargers that are compatible with a wide range of mobile electronics, including cell phones, digital cameras, smart phones, camcorders, laptops and other low-voltage devices.
- Mon,12:40 PM
- Three Ways to Protect your Apple Watch (and One Way Not To)
- Tue,8:00 AM
- Apple’s Failure to Scale
- Mon,6:42 PM
- TMO’s Guide to Buying Discounted iTunes Cards
- 5:45 PM
- Comcast Talks About Terabyte Data Caps & More
- 5:12 PM
- Bob LeVitus Will Present at SMMUG in Colorado Springs on May 9th
- 4:27 PM
- Blumoo Bluetooth Universal Remote: $52.99
- 4:18 PM
- iPhone Controlled Air Conditioner Looks, and is, Cool
- 3:00 PM
- TMO Background Mode: Interview With Intel Fellow Dr. Bruce Horn
- 1:55 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-05-02: Apple’s Next Big Thing, Icahn’s $AAPL Selloff
- 10:53 AM
- FBI Shows Fingerprints and Touch ID Aren’t Warrant-proof
- Sun,12:15 PM
- MGG 603: Pronunciation, Rants and The Joy of a Smaller Phone
- Fri,6:10 PM
- An Open Letter to Phil Schiller about iPhones, iPads, and Macs