TMO at MWSF - ZAP Shows Electric Car Made for iPod, Launches iZAP Rechargeable Battery Technology
by , 12:15 PM EST, January 18th, 2008
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- Electric car pioneer ZAP will be designing its cars to play and recharge the iPod and is previewing the concept, as well as their new mobile rechargers, at this week's Macworld Expo. Krystal Martinez, Media Relations, took a few moments to tell us more about their offerings.
ZAP will be designing its cars to include a head unit made for the iPod. ZAP cars would play music from the iPod through the car speaker system as well as recharge using the ZAP Recharge-It-All made for iPod battery system. The first cars equipped with this technology would be available later in 2008. ZAP says it has plans to make all its electric vehicles for the iPod.
The ZAP XEBRA Sedan, their basic vehicle, is 10 feet long, 5 feet wide, and just over five feet high, and can seat two. The lead acid batteries (soon to be replaced by lithium ion) take 3 to 4 hours to charge. The vehicle can reach speeds up to 40 MPH, and has a range of up to 40 miles.
ZAP will also be introducing its iZAP mobile re-chargers that are made for iPod at Macworld. The iZAP uses advanced lithium battery storage and charge control technology to power or boost the battery life of the iPod. ZAP sells other Recharge-It-All re-chargers that are compatible with a wide range of mobile electronics, including cell phones, digital cameras, smart phones, camcorders, laptops and other low-voltage devices.
- Thu,6:59 PM
- Apple Tied Samsung for Global Smartphone Units in Q4
- 6:14 PM
- Wall Street Continues Apple Love Fest as $AAPL Closes at $118.90
- 5:34 PM
- ZeroLemon SolarJuice 20,000mAh Portable Charger: $49.99
- 2:14 PM
- Apple’s Quarterly Revenue vs. 15 Really Big Numbers
- 2:13 PM
- China Demands Back Door into Computers, Software
- 1:24 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2015-01-29: FCC’s Personal Hotspot Protection, China’s Tech Back Door Demands
- 11:09 AM
- FCC Says Hotels Can’t Block Personal Hotspots
- 9:27 AM
- Apple Remembers Remote Desktop Exists, Releases Yosemite Update
- 8:51 AM
- Pages 5: Using Borders and Rules
- Wed,7:40 PM
- ACM 291: Apple’s Massive Numbers and the Rosetta Stone for Apple Timing
- 5:30 PM
- One Way Apple Could Help Us Find Apple Pay Locations
- 3:47 PM
- Aaron Sorkin’s Steve Jobs Movie Starts Filming with Michael Fassbender as Jobs