Apple Announces MobileMe, Will Replace .Mac
WWDC 08 - Apple Announces MobileMe, Will Replace .Mac
by , 3:00 PM EDT, June 9th, 2008
Apple is giving it's .Mac service a major overhaul and rebranding it as MobileMe. The service will support live pushing emails, contacts, and calendar events from your computer to an iPhone or iPod touch, and will also include 20GB of online storage.
Goodbye .Mac, hello MobileMe
MobileMe will also sport a set of Web-based applications at me.com for managing personal information, photos and documents online. It will include the MobileMe Gallery for sharing photos online, and MobileMe iDisk for online document storage.
The service will be compatible with Mac OS X 10.4.11 and higher, and Windows XP Home or Professional SP2 or later. It will also require iPhone or iPod touch 2.0 software, which will be available in early July.
Current .Mac subscribers will automatically be upgraded to MobileMe for free.
MobileMe will be available in July for US$99 a year.
- Wed, 3:00 AM
- Covering All the Gs with RCR Wireless News Editor Peter Cohen - TMO Daily Observations 2022-10-05
- Tue, 5:36 PM
- No, Older AirPods Pro and Max Won’t Get Adaptive Transparency, Latest Beta Suggests
- Tue, 4:00 PM
- Apple TV+ Returns to Las Colinas Resort in Trailer for Season Two of 'Acapulco'
- Tue, 3:23 PM
- How to Capture 48MP ProRAW Photographs on iPhone 14 Pro and Pro Max
- Tue, 3:14 PM
- Apple Supplier Foxconn 'Cautiously Optimistic' for Fourth-Quarter Results
- Tue, 2:12 PM
- European Union Passes Common Charger Rule, iPhone Must be USB-C By 2024
- Tue, 2:06 PM
- The Latest Observations: Good News, Bad News, iPhone 14 Delays and Emancipation
- Tue, 1:52 PM
- Bug Prompts New AirPods Pro 2 Owners to Replace Battery
- Tue, 1:25 PM
- Camera Bump on iPhone 14 Pro Causing Wireless Charging Problems
- Tue, 12:06 PM
- Four Traits Apple Seeks When Hiring New Employees
- Tue, 11:52 AM
- Italian Court Cancels Antitrust Fines Imposed On Apple and Amazon
- Tue, 11:39 AM
- Exports of iPhones from India Set to Double to $2.5 Billion YoY by March 2023