Apple Announces MobileMe, Will Replace .Mac
WWDC 08 - Apple Announces MobileMe, Will Replace .Mac
by , 3:00 PM EDT, June 9th, 2008
Apple is giving it's .Mac service a major overhaul and rebranding it as MobileMe. The service will support live pushing emails, contacts, and calendar events from your computer to an iPhone or iPod touch, and will also include 20GB of online storage.
Goodbye .Mac, hello MobileMe
MobileMe will also sport a set of Web-based applications at me.com for managing personal information, photos and documents online. It will include the MobileMe Gallery for sharing photos online, and MobileMe iDisk for online document storage.
The service will be compatible with Mac OS X 10.4.11 and higher, and Windows XP Home or Professional SP2 or later. It will also require iPhone or iPod touch 2.0 software, which will be available in early July.
Current .Mac subscribers will automatically be upgraded to MobileMe for free.
MobileMe will be available in July for US$99 a year.
- Sun,12:28 PM
- MGG 537: The Moral to the Story is Never Fun
- Sat,11:00 AM
- MacPhun = The Easy Way to Improve Photos
- 10:30 AM
- 3 Rules for Better Candid iPhone Portraits
- 10:00 AM
- 7 Basic Tips for a Speedier Mac
- Fri,7:22 PM
- Go Behind the Scenes with Chinese Apple Store Artist (Video)
- 7:14 PM
- Leatherman Wins At Watchbands with Leatherman Tread
- 6:47 PM
- Travel Back to 2004 and Meet the ‘Palette Pad’
- 6:32 PM
- PowerPot Cooking Pot and Charger: $99
- 6:28 PM
- Apple Continues to Plunder Fashion Industry with Another Burberry Hire
- 5:00 PM
- How Apple is Winning a Secret War
- 3:30 PM
- The Mac Observer on an SE/30
- 2:12 PM
- Mac Podcasters Quick Upgrade Guide for Audio Hijack 3