Apple Announces MobileMe, Will Replace .Mac
WWDC 08 - Apple Announces MobileMe, Will Replace .Mac
by , 3:00 PM EDT, June 9th, 2008
Apple is giving it's .Mac service a major overhaul and rebranding it as MobileMe. The service will support live pushing emails, contacts, and calendar events from your computer to an iPhone or iPod touch, and will also include 20GB of online storage.
Goodbye .Mac, hello MobileMe
MobileMe will also sport a set of Web-based applications at me.com for managing personal information, photos and documents online. It will include the MobileMe Gallery for sharing photos online, and MobileMe iDisk for online document storage.
The service will be compatible with Mac OS X 10.4.11 and higher, and Windows XP Home or Professional SP2 or later. It will also require iPhone or iPod touch 2.0 software, which will be available in early July.
Current .Mac subscribers will automatically be upgraded to MobileMe for free.
MobileMe will be available in July for US$99 a year.
- Wed,9:50 PM
- ACM 300: Amazon Dash, Tesla’s Diversification, and The Woz on Apple
- 8:19 PM
- FTC vs AT&T Over Unlimited Data: About to Enter a World of Pain
- 4:28 PM
- Join Dr. Mac for Cool Tech and Pizza at Chicago Apple User Group Wednesday
- 4:09 PM
- HBO Coming to Sling TV Ahead of Game of Thrones Launch
- 4:05 PM
- GoGroove SonaVERSE BX Portable Stereo Speaker System w/ Rechargeable Battery
- 3:40 PM
- The (New) Mouse of Dr. Mac’s Dreams
- 2:33 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2015-04-01: Understanding the Apple Watch In-store Purchase System
- 2:25 PM
- Apple Stores Will Schedule Walk-In Appointments for Apple Watch
- 1:10 PM
- How to ‘Heart’ Your Favorite Apple Watch in the Store App
- 11:01 AM
- Dolby VP Mike Rockwell Jumps Ship for Apple
- 9:50 AM
- Google Maps Brings Pac-Man to Your Neighborhood
- 8:50 AM
- iOS 8: Manually Adjusting Your iPhone Camera’s Exposure