Apple Announces MobileMe, Will Replace .Mac
WWDC 08 - Apple Announces MobileMe, Will Replace .Mac
by , 3:00 PM EDT, June 9th, 2008
Apple is giving it's .Mac service a major overhaul and rebranding it as MobileMe. The service will support live pushing emails, contacts, and calendar events from your computer to an iPhone or iPod touch, and will also include 20GB of online storage.
Goodbye .Mac, hello MobileMe
MobileMe will also sport a set of Web-based applications at me.com for managing personal information, photos and documents online. It will include the MobileMe Gallery for sharing photos online, and MobileMe iDisk for online document storage.
The service will be compatible with Mac OS X 10.4.11 and higher, and Windows XP Home or Professional SP2 or later. It will also require iPhone or iPod touch 2.0 software, which will be available in early July.
Current .Mac subscribers will automatically be upgraded to MobileMe for free.
MobileMe will be available in July for US$99 a year.
- Fri,8:35 PM
- Apple Adds RAW Support for 16 New Cameras from Leica, Nikon, Panasoni. Pentax, Sony Alpha
- 7:32 PM
- Leonard Nimoy ‘Lost Documents’ from the Roddenberry Archive
- 6:39 PM
- iZZi Gadgets Selfie Stick and Remote: $24.95
- 5:30 PM
- Disney Side Lets You Dress Your Selfie Up as a Disney Character
- 4:30 PM
- One Fundamental Insight Predicts the Success of Apple Watch
- 1:10 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2015-03-06: Mac GateKeeper Security Flaw, Apple’s Same-sex Marriage Support
- 1:09 PM
- BlueVIBE EXS+ Wrap-Around Bluetooth Headphones - $19.99 (Today Only)
- 11:24 AM
- Apple, other Companies Push Supreme Court for Same-sex Marriage Support
- 10:00 AM
- Dow Jones Industrial Average Drops AT&T for Apple
- 9:14 AM
- Apple Watch isn’t Here Yet, but the Fart Apps Are
- 8:55 AM
- OS X Photos Beta: Scrubbing Through Thumbnails
- Thu,8:36 PM
- How to Print Envelopes from Contacts on Your Mac