Apple Announces MobileMe, Will Replace .Mac
WWDC 08 - Apple Announces MobileMe, Will Replace .Mac
by , 3:00 PM EDT, June 9th, 2008
Apple is giving it's .Mac service a major overhaul and rebranding it as MobileMe. The service will support live pushing emails, contacts, and calendar events from your computer to an iPhone or iPod touch, and will also include 20GB of online storage.
Goodbye .Mac, hello MobileMe
MobileMe will also sport a set of Web-based applications at me.com for managing personal information, photos and documents online. It will include the MobileMe Gallery for sharing photos online, and MobileMe iDisk for online document storage.
The service will be compatible with Mac OS X 10.4.11 and higher, and Windows XP Home or Professional SP2 or later. It will also require iPhone or iPod touch 2.0 software, which will be available in early July.
Current .Mac subscribers will automatically be upgraded to MobileMe for free.
MobileMe will be available in July for US$99 a year.
- Fri,1:42 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-11-21
- 11:53 AM
- Google Agrees to Settlement in Rockstar Patent Infringement Fight
- 9:44 AM
- Apple Blocks Flash Player 220.127.116.11 Over Security Issues
- 9:00 AM
- iOS 8: Using “Send Last Location”
- Thu,8:05 PM
- SwiftKey Adds Languages in iOS Without App Store Updates
- 7:53 PM
- Apple Reportedly Plans Cheaper Beats Music in iOS in 2015
- 6:54 PM
- Apple Offers Current and Past National Book Award Winners Starting at $4.99
- 6:25 PM
- Apple Changes App Store ‘Free’ Button to ‘Get’
- 5:30 PM
- Create Holiday and NFL Calendar Subscriptions in OS X and iOS 8
- 5:05 PM
- Doxie Go Portable Scanner: $139
- 3:14 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-11-20
- 11:14 AM
- Goodbye iTunes, WALTR Uploads any Media File to your iPhone and iPad