Apple Goes For Knockout Blow Against Psystar
TMO Reports - Apple Goes For Knockout Blow Against Psystar
by , 2:05 PM EDT, October 1st, 2008
Apple is going for the proverbial knockout blow against Psystar by filing for a request to dismiss Psystar's countersuit with prejudice. If granted, it would knock the wind out of Psystar's defenses.
In court documents filed by Apple yesterday, Apple's lead counsel James Gilliland is seeking a dismissal of Pystar's countersuit, which invokes the Sherman Antitrust act, with prejudice. Extensive case history was cited to show why the Psystar countersuit based on Antitrust does not apply.
The court will hear Apple's request for dismissal of the countersuit on November 6th.
If the court agrees and dismisses the countersuit, it will have grave consequences for Pystar's defense in Apple's original suit against them, an attorney who is following the case, but asked not to be identified, told TMO. That's because the principle claim of the countersuit, antitrust, is also part of Psystar's defense. Hence a dismissal of the countersuit would deliver "a knockout punch" by Apple.
Apple filed its suit against Psystar in July alleging violation of its shrink wrap license, trademark and copyright infringement for bundling Apple's Mac OS X with its PC clones. Opinions have varied about whether an Antitrust defense by Psystar would work.
- Sun,12:02 PM
- MGG 564: Wave a Minty Fresh Rubber Chicken Over It
- Sat,10:30 AM
- Rachio Iro - The Smart Sprinkler Controller
- Fri,10:00 PM
- Apple Has Starring Role in New Crypto War
- 5:40 PM
- How to Create Signatures in Mail.app in iOS and OS X
- 5:00 PM
- The Reason Why No Company Can Duplicate Apple’s iPhone Appeal
- 3:40 PM
- Wondershare PDFelement for Mac and OCR Plug-In: $39.99
- 1:49 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2015-07-31: New Apple TV Rumors, Google Defies France
- 10:42 AM
- Google Stands Up to France, Refuses Global “Right to be Forgotten” Order
- 8:56 AM
- iPhone 6 and 6 Plus: Turning Off Reachability
- Thu,6:43 PM
- New Apple TV Hardware Reportedly Coming in September
- 5:10 PM
- Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor Released for Mac and Linux
- 4:51 PM
- Safari Offers Longer Battery Life than Chrome or Firefox