TMO Contest - Get Into Macworld Expo with Your Inner Bard
by , 8:05 PM EST, November 10th, 2008
The Mac Observer wants to get you into Macworld Expo 2009 in San Francisco, but we'll need a little something in return. Send us an original haiku by November 23, and if we like yours best you'll win a Power Tools Conference pass valued at US$925, and one runner up will walk away with a Users Conference pass worth $350.
Here are the rules:
- Your haiku must be original.
- You can submit as many haiku as you want, and it doesn't cost anything to enter.
- Your haiku can be on any topic, but any that relate to TMO, the Mac, Macworld Expo, or anything else Apple-related are more likely to catch our eye.
- All entries will be judged by the TMO staff, and we have the final say on who wins.
- Winners are responsible for their own travel expenses and other costs. Sorry, we aren't picking up the bill for your whole trip.
- Winners will be notified on November 26 via email and on the TMO Web site (well-ahead of the December 1 cutoff for Macworld Expo Early Bird pricing).
- Send your submissions to
A haiku is a poem made up of three phrases with five, seven, and five syllables respectively. Here's an example:
San Francisco bound
Hoping for Power Tools pass
Macworld here I come
The Power Tools Conference pass includes up to two Power Tools, access to the Feature Presentations, Keynote access (based on seating availability) , two lunch tickets for selected days of this conference program, and access to the Expo Hall. The Users Conference pass includes all sessions in the Users Conference, access to the Feature Presentations, Keynote access (based on seating availability), and access to the Expo Hall.Macworld Expo runs from January 5 through January 9, 2009, at the Moscone Convention Center in San Francisco. For additional information about the Expo and events, visit the Macworld Expo Web site.
- Mon, 3:51 PM
- Apple Tap to Pay on iPhone Service Now Being Tested at Apple Park Visitor Center
- Mon, 3:13 PM
- Apple Podcasts Brings New Features Including Download Control, Annual Subscriptions and Distribution System
- Mon, 2:09 PM
- Kendrick Lamar's Latest Album Breaks First-Day Apple Music Record for 2022
- Mon, 1:23 PM
- Ohio Looking to Legislate Apple AirTags, Enact Laws Against Device Tracking
- Sun, 4:40 PM
- Apple May Acquire Canoo EV Startup
- Fri, 4:23 PM
- Warren Buffett’s Apple Investment Was Sentimental, Book Reveals
- Fri, 3:41 PM
- Clip from Steve Jobs' 1992 MIT Speech Just as Relevant Today
- Fri, 3:04 PM
- Italian Grandma’s iPad Fails Go Viral on TikTok
- Fri, 3:00 PM
- Bluetooth Speakers for Dads & Grads
- Fri, 2:10 PM
- Apple Shares Teaser Trailer for New Animated Film 'Luck'
- Fri, 1:27 PM
- Creator of the iPod Tony Fadell Shares Concerns of Zuckerberg's Metaverse
- Fri, 12:37 PM
- Elon Musk Wavers Over Twitter Deal, Many Ponder His Next Move