Chat with The Mac Observer
The Mac Observer invites you to take part in our online discussions at The Mac Observer's Internet chat channel. Connected with other Mac enthusiasts, you can have input on the latest news items and hot issues in the Mac community, or in the world. All you need is our client application: TMO Chat.
TMO Chat is a simple to use program that connects to TMO's channel via Internet Relay Chat (IRC). It sports a GUI interface that makes it super easy to sign on. In fact, in most cases all you need to do is launch the application.
Let's meet the regulars. If you're a member of The Mac Observer Forums, you'll recognize many familiar faces. These users are the most active members on TMO Chat: jvarner, Spider, x136, nougatmachine, Louie, Katherine, FlatEric, Photodan, MOSiX, & jinkies. If you have a question, don't be afraid to speak up or say hi. They'll likely be able to help.
The current topic is listed as, "You'll get your Mac chat here from now on." Really though, we're talking about anything and everything on TMO Chat. Please join us!
Samples from the TMO Chat Archives (random quotes)
"how's it going?" ~stibnite
"You think you're invincible when you're behind the steering wheel of an SUV but you're not. I'm OK but you can imagine I'm still in shock." ~Louie
"socks fit well" ~Photodan
Nominate your favorite quote from TMO Chat.
TMO Live Reporter
TMO Chat's sister application, TMO Live Reporter, uses the same technology as TMO Chat, except you can't send messages back to the client—it's read only. The Mac Observer will be broadcasting important Macworld Conference & Expo news and updates to TMO Live Reporter. You'll want to stay informed during Apple's Keynote Address, when new articles are posted on The Mac Observer, and with any news TMO reporters have from the show.
Of course these two applications make a great tag team. TMO Live Reporter can idle on your computer providing you with instant updates and you can be discussing the news with users across the Internet on TMO Chat.
- Mon,12:40 PM
- Three Ways to Protect your Apple Watch (and One Way Not To)
- Sun,11:53 AM
- MGG 607: The Pocket Dial Conspiracy
- Fri,9:47 PM
- The Pros and Cons of a Proprietary Apple Car Charger
- 6:59 PM
- VirnetX Wants to Shut Down FaceTime, but it Won’t Happen
- 5:45 PM
- Star Wars: Force Awakens Soundtrack LPs Will Feature Built-in Holograms—Really
- 5:45 PM
- It Could Happen - Universally Autonomous Cars Could Fail in the Marketplace
- 5:36 PM
- Record Your Mac’s Screen with iShowU Instant: $12
- 1:49 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-05-27: Apple’s Car Charging Plans, Eddy Cue’s Time Warner Deal
- 11:50 AM
- iPhone SE: Is Less the New More?
- 10:44 AM
- Support for Anti-encryption Laws Crumbles
- Thu,11:02 PM
- HP Envy 34c Curved Display Video Review
- 6:18 PM
- Thinking Differently about Apple Spending Billions to Buy a Big Media Company