Chat with The Mac Observer
The Mac Observer invites you to take part in our online discussions at The Mac Observer's Internet chat channel. Connected with other Mac enthusiasts, you can have input on the latest news items and hot issues in the Mac community, or in the world. All you need is our client application: TMO Chat.
TMO Chat is a simple to use program that connects to TMO's channel via Internet Relay Chat (IRC). It sports a GUI interface that makes it super easy to sign on. In fact, in most cases all you need to do is launch the application.
Let's meet the regulars. If you're a member of The Mac Observer Forums, you'll recognize many familiar faces. These users are the most active members on TMO Chat: jvarner, Spider, x136, nougatmachine, Louie, Katherine, FlatEric, Photodan, MOSiX, & jinkies. If you have a question, don't be afraid to speak up or say hi. They'll likely be able to help.
The current topic is listed as, "You'll get your Mac chat here from now on." Really though, we're talking about anything and everything on TMO Chat. Please join us!
Samples from the TMO Chat Archives (random quotes)
"how's it going?" ~stibnite
"You think you're invincible when you're behind the steering wheel of an SUV but you're not. I'm OK but you can imagine I'm still in shock." ~Louie
"socks fit well" ~Photodan
Nominate your favorite quote from TMO Chat.
TMO Live Reporter
TMO Chat's sister application, TMO Live Reporter, uses the same technology as TMO Chat, except you can't send messages back to the client—it's read only. The Mac Observer will be broadcasting important Macworld Conference & Expo news and updates to TMO Live Reporter. You'll want to stay informed during Apple's Keynote Address, when new articles are posted on The Mac Observer, and with any news TMO reporters have from the show.
Of course these two applications make a great tag team. TMO Live Reporter can idle on your computer providing you with instant updates and you can be discussing the news with users across the Internet on TMO Chat.
- Mon,12:40 PM
- Three Ways to Protect your Apple Watch (and One Way Not To)
- Mon,6:42 PM
- TMO’s Guide to Buying Discounted iTunes Cards
- 5:45 PM
- Comcast Talks About Terabyte Data Caps & More
- 5:12 PM
- Bob LeVitus Will Present at SMMUG in Colorado Springs on May 9th
- 4:27 PM
- Blumoo Bluetooth Universal Remote: $52.99
- 4:18 PM
- iPhone Controlled Air Conditioner Looks, and is, Cool
- 3:00 PM
- TMO Background Mode: Interview With Intel Fellow Dr. Bruce Horn
- 1:55 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-05-02: Apple’s Next Big Thing, Icahn’s $AAPL Selloff
- 10:53 AM
- FBI Shows Fingerprints and Touch ID Aren’t Warrant-proof
- Sun,12:15 PM
- MGG 603: Pronunciation, Rants and The Joy of a Smaller Phone
- Fri,6:10 PM
- An Open Letter to Phil Schiller about iPhones, iPads, and Macs
- 5:30 PM
- New Products Apple Might Give Us While We Wait for the Car