Just a Thought - Cracked Carols: PC User's Lament
by- December 22nd, 2005
During this Holiday season, while many brave traffic, parking lots, and Wal-Mart shopping for gifts, many others toil away, working diligently on projects that must be completed before they step away from the office for a short, but well-deserved seasonal vacation.
These hard working people have slaved away, possibly for weeks or months, on these projects, ignoring personal hygiene and pleas from family and friends, eschewing offers of eggnog and mistletoe rendezvous to, instead, finish calculating some mind-numbing spreadsheet, or compiling the last mind-numbingly boring presentation slide.
Unfortunately, many of these same people will wind up foaming at the mouth, and muttering gibberish as they are carted away to the local mental health institution.
The reason for their loss of sanity will likely be the application on the computer they were working on, which, for reasons known only to God and Bill Gates (Are they the same people?) simply stopped working.
To those poor souls destine to spend Christmas and New Year's in a straight jacket, I dedicate this little ditty.
"PC User's Lament"
(Sung to the tune of 'Let It Snow')
I use a PC and I'm a-frettin'
I was in Project and was a-peckin'
is a writer who currently lives in Orlando, FL. He's been a Mac fan since Atari Computers folded, but has worked with computers of nearly every type for 20 years.
Most Recent Columns From Just A Thought
- Apple's New Cards: Aces and Kings? - September 14th
- Power to the People - September 1st
- Too Soon To Zune - August 28th
The Just A Thought Archives
- Mon,12:40 PM
- Three Ways to Protect your Apple Watch (and One Way Not To)
- Sun,12:18 PM
- MGG 611: Troubleshoot & Resolve Your Mac & Apple Issues
- Fri,7:00 PM
- Apple Kills the Thunderbolt Display - Will the Mac Pro Be Next?
- 6:54 PM
- 6 Great Display Choices for Your MacBook Pro and Mac Pro
- 6:25 PM
- Apple Drops 2.81% in Broad Brexit Selloff
- 5:01 PM
- G Cloud Unlimited Backup for iPhone and Android: 5-Year Subscription for $29.99
- 1:46 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-06-24: Goodbye Thunderbolt Display, Spinning off the Mac
- 11:48 AM
- Plex Media Server Turns 1.0!
- 9:05 AM
- OS X: Using Policy Banner for Custom Login Screens
- Thu,9:01 PM
- Apple Discontinues Thunderbolt Display, Directs Customers to Unspecified 3rd Party Displays
- 8:55 PM
- Apple Adds RAW Support for 15 DSLR Cameras from Canon, Olympus, Panasonic, Sony
- 6:20 PM
- How to Display Calories or kJ on your iPhone/Apple Watch Health Apps