Monday's Mac Gadget
by John F. Braun
Want to Supercharge Your Dock? Check Out Todos!
The OS X Dock is a pretty handy way to organize your applications. You can configure a few options, such as the location, size and magnification. Unfortunately, it can only handle a certain number of applications before the icons become too small to be useful. Wouldn't it be great if there was an application that was like the Dock, but allowed you to access all of your applications? Enter Todos...
Todos (Spanish for all) is an application that can display all of your applications and allow you to launch them, similar to the Dock. Unlike the Dock, Todos presents your applications in a window, instead of a small bar tied to the bottom or side of your screen. This windows can be activated in one of two ways, either by using a unique key combination (cmd-opt-ctrl-t is the default, but you can change it) or by clicking on the small Todos icon that is installed in your menu bar. If you pass your cursor over an icon in the Todos windows, it will show the name of the application (like the Dock) but also the location of the application on your hard drive.
Todos Selection Window
Todos is configured to look for applications in the most common locations, but you can add new locations via the Todos Preferences. If there's an application you'd rather not have in the Todos windows, just option-click on it and it will be added to a list of excluded applications. You can also select how to have your applications organized, either by the directory they are located in, or alphabetically. The transparency level of the Todos window can also be selected. Finally, you can choose to have Todos launched on startup, and to automatically search for an updated version.
So go beyond the limitations of the Dock, and be sure to give Todos a try today!
Have any other gadgets that let you get the big picture? Send an e-mail to John and he'll check it out.
Monday's Mac Gadget is here to help you with those cool things that we all just have to have on our Macs. Shareware, Freeware, Postcardware, Emailware, and even commercial apps, Monday's Mac Gadget is here to help you find and use the best of these programs.
John is a software engineer who works in the corporate R&D group of a Fortune 500 company, focusing on all aspects of communications technology. He has several degrees that claim he knows what he's doing when it comes to computers. After watching co-workers reinstall Windows, search for device drivers, and experience other horrors during the day, he's glad that he comes home to a Mac (compatible) computer. Have any comments, suggestions, or favorite Gadgets? Drop John a line at
You can also Post Your Comments below.
Current Monday's Mac Gadget
- Want to Supercharge Your Dock? Check Out Todos! - August 21st
- Worried About Your Mac Getting Jacked? Get JackSMS - June 12th
- Want iChat with Tabs? Try Chax! - April 3rd
Visit Monday's Mac Gadget Archives for more great Mac Gadgets!
- Mon,10:20 PM
- Beats Music Adds More User Controls to iOS App, Including ‘Tune Your Taste’
- 9:48 PM
- Facebook Forces iPhone Users To Separate Messaging App
- 7:56 PM
- Blockchain.info Brings Bitcoin Wallet App Back to App Store
- 6:56 PM
- ‘Another One Bites The Dust’ Played Using Disk Drives
- 5:57 PM
- Lord & Taylor, Hudson’s Bay Company Deploy iBeacons in Stores
- 5:18 PM
- The Mac Mastery Training Bundle: $29
- 4:39 PM
- Hilton to Turn Your iPhone into Your Hotel Room Key
- 3:55 PM
- OS X Yosemite: What Does That Little Green Button do NOW?
- 2:02 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-07-28
- 10:55 AM
- Apple Ready to Buy Swell Talk Show App in $30M Deal
- 10:09 AM
- Report Claims Retina MacBook Pro Speed Bump Coming Tuesday
- 9:04 AM
- EU Greenlights Apple’s Beats Acquisition