Mac Users Find Excitement In The Lack Of Solid Macworld Rumors
MWSF 2003 - Mac Users Find Excitement In The Lack Of Solid Macworld Rumors
by , 10:00 AM EST, January 7th, 2003
It appears that the only thing Mac users like more than knowing what's going to be announced at Macworld ahead of time is NOT knowing what's going to be announced ahead of time. This show has been probably the tightest show in terms of pre-Macworld security since the return of Steve Jobs to Apple, and the result has been a heightened level of anticipation and excitement.
The one thing that the mainstream press and normal Mac rumor outlets seem to be in agreement on is that there won't be any new Macs announced. While that would usually tend to signal a boring Macworld, it has actually had the opposite effect on the Mac community. People are talking about this show and asking each other, and me, what will be happening.
I mean that literally, too. I have had more people comment to me that they are really looking forward to this show than have done so in several years. Walking through the streets of San Francisco near the Moscone Center, I have also literally heard people in passing talking about the lack of rumors, and wondering what's going to be announced. With all the buzz about no new Macs, you would think the opposite would be true.
That's probably at the root of the new found fervor, too. With no new Macs being announced at this show, surely Steve Jobs has something big up his sleeve? According to one Apple source, that is exactly the case, but I was given nothing more than a big grin at my frustration in the way of details, so don't come looking to me for more info (it's a good thing that rumor mongering isn't our gig here at TMO).
It is going to be very interesting seeing what actually comes out of this show, and that's the way it should be. The thing I have always enjoyed most about Macworld is speculating about what will be announced, and not actually being told. It's kind of like Christmas in that regards, and it seems I am not alone.
Stay tuned to our live coverage of the event to find out what really happens.
- Sat,10:30 AM
- iPhoneography 101: Essential iPhone Camera Apps
- Fri,6:57 PM
- Apple Makes ‘Things for iPad’ Free for a Week
- 6:47 PM
- Judge Approves Apple iBooks $450 Million Antitrust Settlement
- 5:54 PM
- 100 AA and 52 AAA Duracell Batteries for $59.99 [Extended]
- 5:18 PM
- Use a PDF to See How Big Apple Watches Really Are
- 4:45 PM
- Why Every Estimate for Apple Watch Sales in 2015 is Completely Wrong
- 4:30 PM
- ‘Kingdom Rush Origins’ Tower Defender Released for iPhone and iPad
- 1:42 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-11-21
- 11:53 AM
- Google Agrees to Settlement in Rockstar Patent Infringement Fight
- 9:44 AM
- Apple Blocks Outdated Flash Players Over Security Issues [Update]
- 9:00 AM
- iOS 8: Using “Send Last Location”
- Thu,8:05 PM
- SwiftKey Adds Languages in iOS Without App Store Updates