Power Your iPod With Solar Power
TMO at MWSF - Power Your iPod With Solar Power
by , 12:45 PM EST, January 10th, 2005
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- Better Energy Systems announced Monday Solio, a solar power charging solution for iPods and other portable devices. Consisting of a collapsible array of three solar panels that fits in your pocket, the device connects to your iPod with a cable (see image below). The company said it will be introducing the products at this week's Macworld Expo in San Francisco.
"The concept of taking free energy from the sun to power your iPod simply makes sense, whether one intends to spend a long weekend at the beach or simply requires mobile power for that long commute, with Solio you are free to keep your iPod playing or your cell phone charged," said Better Energy Systems' CEO Christopher Hornor in a statement.
Solio weighs 5.8 ounces, is weatherproof, and Better Energy Systems describes it as the size of an average cell phone. Included are adapters to allow Solio to be used with portable devices other than the iPod.
The device uses an internal battery, which powers your portable device, and the solar panels directly charge that battery. It also comes with a power adapter so that it can be plugged directly into a wall socket for charging when there is no sunlight.
Solio, from Better Energy Systems
Solio is priced at US$119, and is available through the company's Web site. Better Energy System said it will be moving the product through US retail channels "soon."
- Wed,3:10 PM
- How to Deauthorize All Devices in iTunes 12
- Wed,2:08 PM
- Last Chance to Register for the Apple Thunderbolt Giveaway
- 1:04 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2015-05-27: Apple’s Big Discoveryd and Messages Bugs
- 12:56 PM
- Skype for Mac Update Ignores Its Own Audio Settings
- 9:36 AM
- Yosemite 10.10.4 Beta Dumps Discoveryd to Fix Network Issues
- 8:55 AM
- OS X: 3 Tricks for Moving Files Around
- Tue,6:35 PM
- iKlip Grip: iPhone Stand and Selfiestick with Bluetooth Shutter
- 6:09 PM
- ShowStoppers & MacTech Team Up for DevFocus at WWDC
- 3:40 PM
- HiRise Apple Watch Stand is Beautiful, Well Engineered
- 2:58 PM
- Firefighters Take on Blaze at Apple’s Former Sapphire Glass Factory [Update]
- 2:02 PM
- Apple Watch Course: Go from Newbie to Pro and Build 14 Apps for $25
- 1:55 PM
- Three Things You Didn’t Know TextEdit Could Do For You