OnStream Announces New FireWire Drive and Additional Mac Support
MACWORLD Expo - OnStream Announces New FireWire Drive and Additional Mac Support
by , 7:00 AM EDT, July 21st, 2000
With ever increasing drive sizes, like the 40 GB drive in the recently announced top-of-the-line G4 machines, there comes a need for even larger backup devices. A floppy, ZIP or other smaller media just won't cut it unless you want to sit around swapping media for hours on end. Fortunately, the folks at OnStream have some solutions...
At MACWORLD SF 2000 OnStream announced Mac support for their 30 GB SCSI external tape drive. But they didn't stop there, and made several more announcements this week at MACWORLD New York 2000. First is the introduction of a 30 GB external FireWire unit, expected to be released this fall. It will be priced at US$599, and will be bundled with Retrospect backup software.
Thanks to the introduction of Retrospect 4.3 this month, both their 30 GB external USB and 50 GB external SCSI LVD drive are now supported on the Mac. The 30 GB external USB drive is usually priced at US$399, but will be offered at the special price of US$299 for the next 60 days. The 50 GB external SCSI LVD is priced at US$949.
- Mon,12:40 PM
- Three Ways to Protect your Apple Watch (and One Way Not To)
- Fri,7:26 PM
- $100 off iPad mini 4 for Black Friday
- 7:11 PM
- iPad mini 2 for $199 at Walmart for Black Friday
- 6:18 PM
- $100 and $125 off iPad Air 2 for Black Friday from Best Buy
- 5:23 PM
- 20% iTunes Cards from Best Buy Back on for Black Friday
- 5:15 PM
- 20% Off iTunes Cards from Ebay/PayPal
- 8:03 AM
- Black Friday Blowout 15% Discount on TMO Deals
- Thu,10:32 AM
- Happy Thanksgiving from The Mac Observer!
- Wed,7:53 PM
- Awaken the Force with these Free Star Wars Apps
- 5:28 PM
- How to Pair Bluetooth Headphones with Your Apple TV
- 4:40 PM
- Pay What You Want for the Learn to Code Bundle
- 4:27 PM
- ACM 334: Apple’s Mac Pro vs. The Devil’s Advocate