UsableNet Announces Web Usability Testing Products
MACWORLD Product Focus - UsableNet Announces Web Usability Testing Products
by , 1:00 PM EDT, July 21st, 2000
Helping the effort to improve web site usability, UsableNet announced two testing applications, Lift Onsite and Lift Online, at MACWORLD. Lift Onsite is a Mac application which will test your web site for many usability issues that may be present in otherwise good HTML. Using drag and drop, you can take a folder which contains your web site code and submit it to Lift Onsite
We were able to view a demonstration offered by UsableNet CEO Paolo A. Brajnik, where several common problems such as missing ALT tags, self-referencing links, and links which were buried too many levels deep were identified. Lift Onsite will also provide detailed information on the usability impact of the problem it has identified, helping one develop a better site in the future. Plus, it will allow you to fix the problem or edit your HTML on the spot. You can also define your own usability rules.
Lift Online is an online version of the Lift product. Although it lacks the ability to fix or edit the problem on the spot, it does offer the benefit of being able to view the usability of all other sites which have been submitted to Lift Online. This is a great way to find out what the most common usability problems are, so that you can avoid them in the future.
A free demo version of Lift Online is available today. Lift Online, priced at $49 a year, and Lift Onsite, priced at $199, will be available for purchase in September 2000.
The Mac Observer Spin:Too often, site are put together without an eye to usability. This hurts both the the site creator, and any users who may want to use it. Services like UsableNet can make sure that creators maximize their traffic, and users get the best experience possible, without having to hire an expensive usability expert.
- Mon,12:40 PM
- Three Ways to Protect your Apple Watch (and One Way Not To)
- Fri,7:26 PM
- $100 off iPad mini 4 for Black Friday
- 7:11 PM
- iPad mini 2 for $199 at Walmart for Black Friday
- 6:18 PM
- $100 and $125 off iPad Air 2 for Black Friday from Best Buy
- 5:23 PM
- 20% iTunes Cards from Best Buy Back on for Black Friday
- 5:15 PM
- 20% Off iTunes Cards from Ebay/PayPal
- 8:03 AM
- Black Friday Blowout 15% Discount on TMO Deals
- Thu,10:32 AM
- Happy Thanksgiving from The Mac Observer!
- Wed,7:53 PM
- Awaken the Force with these Free Star Wars Apps
- 5:28 PM
- How to Pair Bluetooth Headphones with Your Apple TV
- 4:40 PM
- Pay What You Want for the Learn to Code Bundle
- 4:27 PM
- ACM 334: Apple’s Mac Pro vs. The Devil’s Advocate