UsableNet Announces Web Usability Testing Products
MACWORLD Product Focus - UsableNet Announces Web Usability Testing Products
by , 1:00 PM EDT, July 21st, 2000
Helping the effort to improve web site usability, UsableNet announced two testing applications, Lift Onsite and Lift Online, at MACWORLD. Lift Onsite is a Mac application which will test your web site for many usability issues that may be present in otherwise good HTML. Using drag and drop, you can take a folder which contains your web site code and submit it to Lift Onsite
We were able to view a demonstration offered by UsableNet CEO Paolo A. Brajnik, where several common problems such as missing ALT tags, self-referencing links, and links which were buried too many levels deep were identified. Lift Onsite will also provide detailed information on the usability impact of the problem it has identified, helping one develop a better site in the future. Plus, it will allow you to fix the problem or edit your HTML on the spot. You can also define your own usability rules.
Lift Online is an online version of the Lift product. Although it lacks the ability to fix or edit the problem on the spot, it does offer the benefit of being able to view the usability of all other sites which have been submitted to Lift Online. This is a great way to find out what the most common usability problems are, so that you can avoid them in the future.
A free demo version of Lift Online is available today. Lift Online, priced at $49 a year, and Lift Onsite, priced at $199, will be available for purchase in September 2000.
The Mac Observer Spin:Too often, site are put together without an eye to usability. This hurts both the the site creator, and any users who may want to use it. Services like UsableNet can make sure that creators maximize their traffic, and users get the best experience possible, without having to hire an expensive usability expert.
- Sun,12:05 PM
- MGG 549: Cool Stuff Found
- Fri,5:54 PM
- Canadian Bankers Balk at ‘Onerous’ Apple Pay Terms
- 5:52 PM
- How To Enable Stealth Mode in Yosemite
- 4:36 PM
- Ben & Jerry’s Spoofs Apple’s ‘1984’ Commercial to Promote BRRR-ito
- 4:25 PM
- Understand What Apple is Achieving or Get Left Behind
- 4:10 PM
- MiFi 2 Unlocked Global Hotspot: $99
- 1:22 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2015-04-17: Don’t Hold Your Breath for In-store Apple Watch Sales
- 10:45 AM
- Apple PR Veteran Steve Dowling Promoted to VP
- 9:37 AM
- Apple Watch Training Workshops Coming to Apple Stores April 24
- 8:55 AM
- OS X Yosemite Photos: Showing Your Recently Deleted Items
- Thu,9:10 PM
- Scott Forstall Advising Snapchat, Earning 0.11% of Company
- 7:36 PM
- USB ChargeDoubler Mini Charging Cable Seeks Funding