LaCie And Fujitsu Offering Up Storage
MACWORLD Product Focus - LaCie And Fujitsu Offering Up Storage
by , 4:30 PM EDT, July 21st, 2000
LaCie annnounced a new DVD-RAM re-writable drive that combines 4.7 GB and 9.4 GB disks with transfer rates up to 22 MB per second. It has a FireWire interface.
LaCie claims that with 4.7 GB discs, the media can handle 100,000 write/rewrite cycles and that it costs US$.006/MB. The drive is expected to accept CD, as well as DVD media.
The external drive is available starting from US$779, and ships with one 4.7 GB disc.
With LaCie announcing storage devices, Fujitsu was getting busy too. They announced the new DynaMO SF series of optical drives. The new SF series, which includes the DynaMO 1300SF, a 1.3GB external SCSI MO drive, and the DynaMO 640SF, a 640MB external SCSI MO drive, offers better performance and is more resistant to dust in comparison with the previous SD/SE series.
The DynaMO 1300SF and DynaMO 640SF drives has transfer rates of up to 5.92MB/sec. Dust resistance has doubled, and it supports Ultra SCSI interface of 20MB/s and USB. As with all of Fujitsu's MO drives, both DynaMO 1300SF and 640SF are read/write compatible with all ISO-compliant 3.5" MO media.
The Mac Observer Spin:The LaCie drive is certainly welcome in the FireWire arena while Fujitsu's optical drives will be very useful since they can resist to all kinds of temperatures and elements.
- Mon,12:40 PM
- Three Ways to Protect your Apple Watch (and One Way Not To)
- Mon,6:42 PM
- TMO’s Guide to Buying Discounted iTunes Cards
- 5:45 PM
- Comcast Talks About Terabyte Data Caps & More
- 5:12 PM
- Bob LeVitus Will Present at SMMUG in Colorado Springs on May 9th
- 4:27 PM
- Blumoo Bluetooth Universal Remote: $52.99
- 4:18 PM
- iPhone Controlled Air Conditioner Looks, and is, Cool
- 3:00 PM
- TMO Background Mode: Interview With Intel Fellow Dr. Bruce Horn
- 1:55 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-05-02: Apple’s Next Big Thing, Icahn’s $AAPL Selloff
- 10:53 AM
- FBI Shows Fingerprints and Touch ID Aren’t Warrant-proof
- Sun,12:15 PM
- MGG 603: Pronunciation, Rants and The Joy of a Smaller Phone
- Fri,6:10 PM
- An Open Letter to Phil Schiller about iPhones, iPads, and Macs
- 5:30 PM
- New Products Apple Might Give Us While We Wait for the Car