Japanese Company Offers Docking Station For iMac G4 With iPod Bay
MACWORLD Tokyo - Japanese Company Offers Docking Station For iMac G4 With iPod Bay
by , 12:00 PM EST, March 22nd, 2002
A very cool innovation found on the showroom floor of MACWORLD Tokyo is a docking station for the new G4 iMacs made by a local company called IMTG. Normally, you'd have to reach around the base of the iMac to plug in your peripherals, but the new docking station brings everything to your fingertips. Called (roughly translated) "The Button," this is one gadget that we'd love to have cradling our iMac.
Adding approximately four inches (in diameter) to the iMac's footprint, this smooth looking gadget puts two USB and two FireWire ports right in front of you, as well as adding a separate, rectangular port just for an iPod. The iPod seems to fit into its dock much in the way that game cartridges would load into a SuperNintendo console, albeit horizontally. Inside the bay is a FireWire port that the iPod slides onto, mounting it on your desktop for integrating with iTunes.
Click the thumbnail for a larger image.
The Button in all its glory
A close up of the front, including the iPod bay
The bad news is that the company does not have a Web site for you to check out, and is not accepting orders outside Japan.
The Mac Observer Spin:We were just as disappointed as you to find out that the company isn't accepting US orders, but we can hope that it, or something like it, will eventually make it to Western markets. In any event, The Button is a very cool device that impressed us mightily.
- Mon,12:40 PM
- Three Ways to Protect your Apple Watch (and One Way Not To)
- Sun,4:17 PM
- MGG 591: If You Had a JBOD Would You Hold It Against Us?
- Fri,5:30 PM
- Ghostbusters Reboot gets its Own LEGO Kit
- 4:55 PM
- Man Ties String to iPhone and Films Ski Run (Video)
- 4:45 PM
- What To Do When Your Apple Watch Tells You NOT to Eat the Candy Bar
- 2:56 PM
- ‘Star Wars’ as a Grindhouse Trailer
- 2:29 PM
- The iPad Pro and Apple Pencil Giveaway
- 1:26 PM
- Apple to Supreme Court: You can Skip Samsung’s Patent Appeal
- 1:16 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-02-05: Streaming the Super Bowl, Time Machine’s Failure
- 10:57 AM
- Want to Watch the Super Bowl on Your iPad for Free? There’s an App for That
- 9:33 AM
- Final Cut Pro X Adds 4K Video Export for Apple Devices
- 8:55 AM
- iOS: That Stupid [Bleep] Siri and Its [Bleep] Nicknames