Japanese Company Offers Docking Station For iMac G4 With iPod Bay
MACWORLD Tokyo - Japanese Company Offers Docking Station For iMac G4 With iPod Bay
by , 12:00 PM EST, March 22nd, 2002
A very cool innovation found on the showroom floor of MACWORLD Tokyo is a docking station for the new G4 iMacs made by a local company called IMTG. Normally, you'd have to reach around the base of the iMac to plug in your peripherals, but the new docking station brings everything to your fingertips. Called (roughly translated) "The Button," this is one gadget that we'd love to have cradling our iMac.
Adding approximately four inches (in diameter) to the iMac's footprint, this smooth looking gadget puts two USB and two FireWire ports right in front of you, as well as adding a separate, rectangular port just for an iPod. The iPod seems to fit into its dock much in the way that game cartridges would load into a SuperNintendo console, albeit horizontally. Inside the bay is a FireWire port that the iPod slides onto, mounting it on your desktop for integrating with iTunes.
Click the thumbnail for a larger image.
The Button in all its glory
A close up of the front, including the iPod bay
The bad news is that the company does not have a Web site for you to check out, and is not accepting orders outside Japan.
The Mac Observer Spin:We were just as disappointed as you to find out that the company isn't accepting US orders, but we can hope that it, or something like it, will eventually make it to Western markets. In any event, The Button is a very cool device that impressed us mightily.
- Wed,2:01 PM
- New Aerial Shot Shows Apple Campus Construction Underway
- 1:40 PM
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Dr. Mac’s Final Showdown
- 1:23 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-10-01
- 11:02 AM
- Report Claims Gold iPad Coming Soon
- 10:31 AM
- Evercore Raises AAPL Target on Strong iPhone 6 Demand
- 10:03 AM
- Apple Tells Developers to Submit their OS X Yosemite-compatible Apps
- 9:18 AM
- iTunes Store Adds City of Hope Donation Page for Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- 8:40 AM
- iOS 8: Requesting the Desktop Version of Websites
- 12:37 AM
- Apple Reduces Screen Size in Apple Watch Video to Match Website
- Tue,7:17 PM
- Samsung Calls Galaxy Note 4 Screen Gap a Feature, not a Flaw
- 6:04 PM
- iOS 8 HealthKit-compatible Apps: TMO’s Growing List
- 5:14 PM
- Apple Releases New Printer Drivers for HP and 7 Other Companies