Intuit Announces Quicken 2003 for Mac
From The Expo Floor - Intuit Announces Quicken 2003 for Mac
by , 10:00 AM EDT, July 18th, 2002
Intuit, maker of Quicken financial software, today announced the release of Quicken 2003 for Mac. We had a chance to sit down with Product Managers Adam Samuels and Aruna Venkatachalam, to get a closer look at a late beta of the product.
One major focus of Quicken 2003 was to make the process of getting up and running, and exchanging data with financial institutions, as painless as possible. To this end, the product has an improved, integrated download transactions window, so that you can view all of the institutions you need to download from in a single screen. There's also a download transactions tutorial, to make you totally comfortable with this operation. To ease navigation once you do get all your data into Quicken, there's also a new customizable toolbar.
The investments portion of the program also contains several enhancements. There are now specific transaction types for stock splits, mergers, spin-offs and other types of transactions one may encounter with a brokerage. You can also better track your brokerage cash transactions, such as writing a check, or making an ATM withdrawl. Plus, the ability to download your brokerage transactions has improved, with more brokers allowing direct download of your data into Quicken.
Quicken 2003 Mac will be available August 21, 2002, and have a suggested retail price of $59.95, and an upgrade price of $20.
The Mac Observer Spin:It's great to see Intuit continue to address the needs of their Mac consumer customers, who are estimated to be nearly 1 million strong. Now if they would just address the needs of the many Mac business customers who need QuickBooks Pro, which Intuit has abandoned on the Mac.
- Sun,12:02 PM
- MGG 564: Wave a Minty-Fresh Rubber Chicken Over It
- Sat,10:30 AM
- Rachio Iro - The Smart Sprinkler Controller
- Fri,10:00 PM
- Apple Has Starring Role in New Crypto War
- 5:40 PM
- How to Create Signatures in Mail.app in iOS and OS X
- 5:00 PM
- The Reason Why No Company Can Duplicate Apple’s iPhone Appeal
- 3:40 PM
- Wondershare PDFelement for Mac and OCR Plug-In: $39.99
- 1:49 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2015-07-31: New Apple TV Rumors, Google Defies France
- 10:42 AM
- Google Stands Up to France, Refuses Global “Right to be Forgotten” Order
- 8:56 AM
- iPhone 6 and 6 Plus: Turning Off Reachability
- Thu,6:43 PM
- New Apple TV Hardware Reportedly Coming in September
- 5:10 PM
- Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor Released for Mac and Linux
- 4:51 PM
- Safari Offers Longer Battery Life than Chrome or Firefox