Intuit Announces Quicken 2003 for Mac
From The Expo Floor - Intuit Announces Quicken 2003 for Mac
by , 10:00 AM EDT, July 18th, 2002
Intuit, maker of Quicken financial software, today announced the release of Quicken 2003 for Mac. We had a chance to sit down with Product Managers Adam Samuels and Aruna Venkatachalam, to get a closer look at a late beta of the product.
One major focus of Quicken 2003 was to make the process of getting up and running, and exchanging data with financial institutions, as painless as possible. To this end, the product has an improved, integrated download transactions window, so that you can view all of the institutions you need to download from in a single screen. There's also a download transactions tutorial, to make you totally comfortable with this operation. To ease navigation once you do get all your data into Quicken, there's also a new customizable toolbar.
The investments portion of the program also contains several enhancements. There are now specific transaction types for stock splits, mergers, spin-offs and other types of transactions one may encounter with a brokerage. You can also better track your brokerage cash transactions, such as writing a check, or making an ATM withdrawl. Plus, the ability to download your brokerage transactions has improved, with more brokers allowing direct download of your data into Quicken.
Quicken 2003 Mac will be available August 21, 2002, and have a suggested retail price of $59.95, and an upgrade price of $20.
The Mac Observer Spin:It's great to see Intuit continue to address the needs of their Mac consumer customers, who are estimated to be nearly 1 million strong. Now if they would just address the needs of the many Mac business customers who need QuickBooks Pro, which Intuit has abandoned on the Mac.
- Fri,7:50 PM
- How to Update Any Icon on Your Mac
- 7:25 PM
- Steve Wozniak: Apple Watch Edition Won’t Move the World Forward
- 3:45 PM
- The REAL Reason Apple’s iPad is Faltering
- 2:50 PM
- ‘Bobine’ Flexible iPhone Charging Dock: $24.99
- 2:05 PM
- UK Safari Users can Sue Google Over Unwanted Browser Cookies
- 12:56 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2015-03-27: Tim Cook is the Top Leader, Leshi TV says Apple is Hitler
- 10:56 AM
- Leshi TV CEO Says Apple is Hitler
- 9:29 AM
- Apple Watch Compatible Apps are Already Arriving
- 8:55 AM
- Numbers: Using the Quick Calculations Bar
- Thu,9:20 PM
- 7 Things We Learned when Fortune Named Tim Cook World’s Greatest Leader
- 8:22 PM
- How To Sell, Trade In, or Recycle Old Macs or PCs
- 7:35 PM
- Apple’s App Store, iTunes, iBooks, Software Update Briefly Down for Some Users